This file is designed for
- ATV495 Pro 1Gb RAM 8Gb Internal Storage
- ATV495 Pro 2Gb RAM 8Gb Internal Storage
- ATV495 Pro 2Gb RAM 16Gb Internal Storage
***Please read and follow instructions carefully***
***YOU SHOULD BACK UP ANY INFORMATION YOU WISH TO KEEP***
About This File
1: Added a "Power off" option to the home screen power button when held.
2. Fixed an issue with Team viewer not working.
3. Fixed an issue where the unit would not come out of standby and would show a black screen.
4. Fixed an issue where pressing "Home" did not work in certain conditions.
5. Added Google quick search service.
6. Deleted CC Chinese content service.
7. You will want to manually clear memory buildup by clicking the brush in the bottom left of the home screen if the box feels slow.
8. The addition of E-Share for PC + Android + IOS Device support for iPhone screen sharing and other compatible functions.
***THE FOLLOWING METHOD IS FOR UPGRADING THE UNIT. IF YOU WISH TO FULLY RESTORE OR RECOVER YOUR SYSTEM FROM THE ANDROID RECOVERY SCREENS, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FURTHER BELOW*** To upgrade your Android version;
1. Download the zip file and put the file "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324" onto an USB thumb drive or sd card. 2. Insert the USB or SD card into the unit and navigate to the settings area. 3. Click on "Software Updates" then "Local Update". If the file does not appear, click the "context" button 10 times. (the button with 3 lines) After clicking this file, it will finish in less than 10 minutes, usually. ***THE FOLLOWING METHOD IS FOR A FULL FACTORY RESTORE OF THE UNIT. IF YOU WISH TO SIMPLY UPGRADE YOUR CURRENT VERSION OF ANDROID, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE*** How to process the steps: 1. Download the zip file
3. Format your MicroSD Card to FAT32
4. Drag and drop files from Unzip folder to root of your MicroSD card
5. Hook it up to your ATV495 series unit
6. Connect HDMI, turn TV on
7. Hold pin where Reset is
8. Hookup power while holding down Reset, via pin
9. Hold for 15 seconds
you will see the android guy, give it 5 minutes and you're back to the main screen.
NOTE: your Box will be reset to factory settings.