Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MRowen

NHL Gamecenter Live support

My 2015 edition 1800e does not fully support NHL Gamecenter Live (or any Rogers app). The app will install and open successfully. Everything seems to work fine EXCEPT it will not play live videos. I experience the same issue with all other Rogers apps. In NHL, after selecting a live game to watch, it displays a message that it is loading the video (which lasts about 30 seconds), then returns with only the NHL logo. The same problem exists with Rogers Shomi app which just returns to the menu screen after attempting to launch the video. I noticed that in Rogers LiveTV app, it reacted in the same manner but displayed 2 error messages. The first was that it would not play on a jailbroken device. The second message indicated that it needed the device location from Google (presumably to apply geographic restrictions). I am assuming that the other apps are not playing video for the same reasons, but most likely it is caused by not being able to obtain the location from Google. I can see that the apps have tried to access Google location services and it does not matter which location service option I select.

I noticed that the 582 has been Google GMS certified. Do you know if this certification includes Google location services? More specifically, will NHL play live games on the 582?

When will the 1800e support NHL Gamecenter (regardless of the technical reason why it currently does not)? For me this is a significant issue.

Hello everyone I am also having the same problem with shomi app it plays 5 seconds and goes in buffering and kicks me out back to main menu it worked before the latest firmware update so it must be a simple fix

My 2015 edition 1800e does not fully support NHL Gamecenter Live (or any Rogers app). The app will install and open successfully. Everything seems to work fine EXCEPT it will not play live videos. I experience the same issue with all other Rogers apps. In NHL, after selecting a live game to watch, it displays a message that it is loading the video (which lasts about 30 seconds), then returns with only the NHL logo. The same problem exists with Rogers Shomi app which just returns to the menu screen after attempting to launch the video. I noticed that in Rogers LiveTV app, it reacted in the same manner but displayed 2 error messages. The first was that it would not play on a jailbroken device. The second message indicated that it needed the device location from Google (presumably to apply geographic restrictions). I am assuming that the other apps are not playing video for the same reasons, but most likely it is caused by not being able to obtain the location from Google. I can see that the apps have tried to access Google location services and it does not matter which location service option I select.

I noticed that the 582 has been Google GMS certified. Do you know if this certification includes Google location services? More specifically, will NHL play live games on the 582?

When will the 1800e support NHL Gamecenter (regardless of the technical reason why it currently does not)? For me this is a significant issue.

Can you email me at support@mygica.ca

I have an Android Logger APP I would like you to use, so you can send me back a LOG file that it creates.

Basically will just need you to run all of the apps that are not working for you while the Logger runs in the background

Once done, stop the logger and just copy and paste the log file to a USB or SD card and email it back to me.

With this, we can determine what is causing the exact issues that you are having.

Thanks

Justin

We are having this same problem with our ATV 585 when connected to ethernet; when we disconnect and use wifi it works fine, but the signal is not as strong and buffers alot

Did you ever find a fix?