Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CMFaub

WiFi issues

I have installed the Nov 5 fw for the atv1800e and then the Feb 4 beta few. After installation my WiFi is no longer working. With Ethernet off the WiFi won't connect. Within the android settings wifi never turns on it just says turning on but never actually connects.

I have read people have had WiFi issues and installed a patch to get it working again but I can't find where to download. Or any instructions to fix.

I have tried to go back to Nov 5 fw but still no WiFi. If anyone has any advice please advise.

I had the same problem and it wouldn't connect. I just connected the ethernet to the box and connected that way. After it connected I went back to connect to WiFi and it worked.

May work for you?

FBN

I just got 2 new ATV582 boxes and they exhibit this issue. After being idle, the Wifi connection drops. Need to unplug and replug to reconnect to wifi.

I got this issue on new boxes as well, which had an older FW on them out of the box. Was a FW from June

Did you take the new OTA update?

After I did, this issue disappeared

Exactly the same issue here! except on my ATV582.

Were you able to fix this issue?

nope! still struggling with no WiFi. even the miracast doesn't work.

For anyone having the Wifi disconnect issue

We have reproduced this issue here

Will try to have it included in the next OTA update.

The good thing is, from now on for OTA updates you will see a list of changes that the updates include, so you will know when it is fixed.

Just the first update wont have this, as it will be a small patch update that will allow these list of changes to be displayed afterward.