Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willits

Hulu Plus video freezing

I have an issue when paying Hulu Plus on the ATV1200. The video plays fine up to the first commercial. The commercial plays fine, and when returning the Hulu video the audio continues but the video freezes. The app does not freeze and can be closed, but when it is reopened the frozen video is still present. No other apps using video will play back. The only way to get the video working is to reboot the device. Is there a solution to fix this?

Thanks

I have an issue when paying Hulu Plus on the ATV1200. The video plays fine up to the first commercial. The commercial plays fine, and when returning the Hulu video the audio continues but the video freezes. The app does not freeze and can be closed, but when it is reopened the frozen video is still present. No other apps using video will play back. The only way to get the video working is to reboot the device. Is there a solution to fix this?

Thanks

Hi

It sounds like you are not fully exiting the app, if you are just hitting the return button or home button on the remote, this will not close the app.

If you want to close the app fully, the best way to do this is to use the app called "Advanced Task Manager", this would be located on the main screen of apps, should be on the first page of apps, since they are listed alphabetically.

When you open this app, using the remote, highlight the app you want to close, and hold down the OK button and a menu will pop up with 5 menu options, select "Kill" and this will fully close the app you have selected.

In regards to the Hulu Plus videos freezing, this sounds like a problem with the app itself.

May I ask which country you live in? Since Hulu only works in the USA. If you are outside of the USA, and you are using a VPN to obtain Hulu, this also may be the problem for the video freezing.

Let me know

Hi,

I am not in the US and using a dedicated DNS to access Hulu. Hulu runs fine with the dedicated DNS on a tablet running Android 4.0.4. No problems with the video at all. The problem is very consistent; the video freezes up after the first batch of commercials. Up to that point it works fine.

Thanks

Hi,

I am not in the US and using a dedicated DNS to access Hulu. Hulu runs fine with the dedicated DNS on a tablet running Android 4.0.4. No problems with the video at all. The problem is very consistent; the video freezes up after the first batch of commercials. Up to that point it works fine.

Thanks

We are not sure what would be exactly causing this.

Sounds like a problem with the Hulu app itself, try uninstalling the app and re installing it, or factory reset your box, keep in mind if you factory reset all your apps that you added will be deleted.