Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nonothing

Search engine for this site needs to be more versatile

Search engine for this site needs to be more versatile but your products are the best. Almost every search I type in comes back with the same response

.Information

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: factory reset.

You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

The search word criteria doesn't allow people to search basic things that are very important. Because we can't properly search common words that forces people to start a new repetitive thread that's already been answered several times. Eventually your going to get clogged with repeat thread questions. I know this from experience as a moderator in the past for a satellite site. Also you need to sticky way more things that are common questions if you aren't going to change your search engine constraints. One or the other is required as you grow every larger and given your awesome products growing popularity so that won't take long.

With that said you guys have a great, product and a helpful site that just needs a little tweak to be perfect. I've recommended your products to all my friends and 2 have bought them so far with more to come. Keep up the great work guys

Search engine for this site needs to be more versatile but your products are the best. Almost every search I type in comes back with the same response
.Information

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: factory reset.

You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

The search word criteria doesn't allow people to search basic things that are very important. Because we can't properly search common words that forces people to start a new repetitive thread that's already been answered several times. Eventually your going to get clogged with repeat thread questions. I know this from experience as a moderator in the past for a satellite site. Also you need to sticky way more things that are common questions if you aren't going to change your search engine constraints. One or the other is required as you grow every larger and given your awesome products growing popularity so that won't take long.

With that said you guys have a great, product and a helpful site that just needs a little tweak to be perfect. I've recommended your products to all my friends and 2 have bought them so far with more to come. Keep up the great work guys

I have passed along this suggestion to our webmaster. Will try and get this fixed and working properly soon.

Thanks for the comments