Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

piggy99

ATV 520 would not boot up

Hi Justin:

I was able to update my atv520 with the feb 2015 firmware that I bought from Canada computers some 1.5 years ago.

Everything was successful but after rebooting it stays at no signal. I left it thinking that it would update for 2 hours and still nothing. I tried the reset, but it would not go into recovery again. I have tried everything that was posted on this web site but really would not help because the light stay red.

Do you have a suggestion? If you give me a $50 creidt, for getting another unit what can I get and how much?

Hi Justin:

I was able to update my atv520 with the feb 2015 firmware that I bought from Canada computers some 1.5 years ago.

Everything was successful but after rebooting it stays at no signal. I left it thinking that it would update for 2 hours and still nothing. I tried the reset, but it would not go into recovery again. I have tried everything that was posted on this web site but really would not help because the light stay red.

Do you have a suggestion? If you give me a $50 creidt, for getting another unit what can I get and how much?

Were you on Android 4.1 or 4.2 when you took that update?

Because the new firmware file is for Android 4.2. If you updated it while you were on Android 4.1 then you bricked your unit.

Email me support@mygica.ca for the credit

Thanks

Since nobody is answering my question on the other topic, I'd like to ask here if I could be the next in line for that credit? I have a non-responsive 520E, and would prefer to get a responsive one. If that credit is still something we could get... ;)

Hello,

I also have had the same problem I updated the firmware & all I have now is red lights and no signal on my mygica atv520. Is there anything you can do to help with this issue? Is there a way to unbrick if that is what has happened? Let me know what you can do about this issue? Thanks in advance.

Blair

Hello,

I also have had the same problem I updated the firmware & all I have now is red lights and no signal on my mygica atv520. Is there anything you can do to help with this issue? Is there a way to unbrick if that is what has happened? Let me know what you can do about this issue? Thanks in advance.

Blair

This thread is dedicated to unbricking

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2525&hilit=unbrick+520e