Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coconews

mygica1200 - stay awake

Hi

I have Mygica 1200 and can’t turn on from remote. Doesn’t want to wake up.

I read on internet about stay awake option in developer section but I can’t find it. It's not there...

Please help me. Thanks

Hi

I have Mygica 1200 and can’t turn on from remote. Doesn’t want to wake up.

I read on internet about stay awake option in developer section but I can’t find it. It's not there...

Please help me. Thanks

The remote that it comes with will turn on the box. Please make sure you are using the KR 34 Remote that you ATV 1200 came with, if you are using an external remote such as the KR100 remote, these wont turn on the box.

Let me know which remote you are using when you try to turn on the box?

I'm using the remote that came with ATV1200, KR34 but is not "waking up" the unit after few minutes it's turned off. In the manual on page 19 there is a screen shot of Developer Options section and above Debugging is the option Stay awake. I don't have that option... and this might solve my problem. I reinstalled the firmware and still no Stay awake option.... Any suggestions? Thanks

I'm using the remote that came with ATV1200, KR34 but is not "waking up" the unit after few minutes it's turned off. In the manual on page 19 there is a screen shot of Developer Options section and above Debugging is the option Stay awake. I don't have that option... and this might solve my problem. I reinstalled the firmware and still no Stay awake option.... Any suggestions? Thanks

We are not sure were you are reading about this 'Stay Awake Option" I just looked at a Users manual and do not see what you see on Page 19, on my manual I see option for Air Play and the Remote IME application.

I just tried the 4 ATV 1200's I use here as test models, and all of them power on after they have been powered off.

If you want it to stay awake, you dont have to turn the power off on the box, you can just leave the box on all the time, the box uses very low power consumption, and it wont over heat.

It's in the user manual

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2

Sorry I was looking at the user manual that comes with the ATV 1200 inside the gift box.

We will have this updated, since the one we have uploaded it outdated.

I just checked a box here, and do not see this option listed thats shown in the online version of the user manual, so it must have been removed from the firmware.

As stated before, if you want your box to stay awake, just keep it turned on all the time.

Thanks for reply. When my ATV1200 is turned off from remote using red button is shutting down and red led is up and after 5 minutes if I want to turn it on, pressing the red button is not turning on... it is normal? And to turn on I always have to push the button from the box.

Thanks for reply. When my ATV1200 is turned off from remote using red button is shutting down and red led is up and after 5 minutes if I want to turn it on, pressing the red button is not turning on... it is normal? And to turn on I always have to push the button from the box.

Can you please provide me the serial number of your box

Thanks

ATV1200201401200671

The remote should turn it on no problem, just make sure you are in the Main menu when you are turning off the box.

The box will not turn back on properly if you turned it off while XBMC was open.

I just tried turning off/on 5 test boxes of ATV 1200 I have here, and it works no problem, when using the factory remote control that came with the ATV 1200.

Try factory resetting your box, to see if this helps, please note though this will delete everything from your box though.

I have the same problem.

The supplied remote switches the box off and it then has to be switched on by pressing the button on the front. Not very family friendly.

I'm running 4.2.2 and carried out a hard reset, but it is still the same.

Any solutions/settings?

Thanks

I have the same problem.

The supplied remote switches the box off and it then has to be switched on by pressing the button on the front. Not very family friendly.

I'm running 4.2.2 and carried out a hard reset, but it is still the same.

Any solutions/settings?

Thanks

We are not sure why you are experiencing this problem. Since I myself have not, and I have used a lot of 1200's.

I will have to inquire with the engineers as to why this is happening, and make a post on the forum once I have an answer.

But my KR-20 remote shuts the unit completely off with no led lit but my KR-100 turns it off with the red led lit but neither of them can turn it back on. I have just upgraded to 4.2.2 as well

But my KR-20 remote shuts the unit completely off with no led lit but my KR-100 turns it off with the red led lit but neither of them can turn it back on. I have just upgraded to 4.2.2 as well

KR100 will only turn off the box, will not turn it back on

As for the IR remote not turning it back on, we have had some others complaining about this, it seems to be happening on some units, and not all.

We are trying to see if this can be fixed by a firmware update, however this might take some time.

For now you can just keep the unit turned on, this wont damage your unit, or you can turn it off and turn it back on with the power button on the front.