Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janosmit@outlook.com

MyGica 582 Device ID

Dear Justin,

I just bought my first MyGica 582 box and loving it so far.

I have one issue to date, we in South Africa have a DSTV Now app which allows us to watch local channels through streaming.

However, I'm not allowed to use the app because it picks up that the device ID has already been registered before, in other words someone already registered on DSTV Now using the same Device ID. Now my question is this, how can that be, don't these devices ship with unique ID's?

Can you instruct me on how to change the Device ID safely in order to solve the issue?

Thanks

Regards

Jano

Dear Justin,

I just bought my first MyGica 582 box and loving it so far.

I have one issue to date, we in South Africa have a DSTV Now app which allows us to watch local channels through streaming.

However, I'm not allowed to use the app because it picks up that the device ID has already been registered before, in other words someone already registered on DSTV Now using the same Device ID. Now my question is this, how can that be, don't these devices ship with unique ID's?

Can you instruct me on how to change the Device ID safely in order to solve the issue?

Thanks

Regards

Jano

We are using a common Device ID provided to us from AMLogic.

Our next firmware update will be GMS since we are now a certified google device, so the app you want to use should work with this.

thanks Justin,

Any indication on when this update will be available? And will it be a normal update through the update app?

Thanks

No date as of yet.

And will be done as a manual update using the update app and an SD Card

Thanks Justin, I have the same problem as janosmit with the DSTV app, so hopefully it will be sorted in the new firmware like you say. Also love my ATV 582 :)

It should be fixed in the next update.

Once its out, then let us know if it fixes the issue you are having.

I have tried to fix the device ID issue on my end for the DSTV now app ...

GMS firmware posted has root of some sort so it won't work and requires a key DRM element.

Hi Justin,

Just received the My Giga Atv582. Loving it works very well.

But need to use it for DSTV in South Africa.

As per your reply below previously do you have any estimated date when a new firmware will be available to solve our issue with COMMON DEVICE ID.

YOUR REPLY PREVIOUSLY:

We are using a common Device ID provided to us from AMLogic.

Our next firmware update will be GMS since we are now a certified google device, so the app you want to use should work with this.

Thanks

Regards

Gary.

I received my "Mygica 582" today and tried to install the dstv now app, receive an error that "The device is currently not supported". I'm running build V002m801_20150601 and should be the latest?

On 8/19/2015 at 10:43 PM, grasmuis said:

Update : Installed the latest OTA update and the DSTV now app is working now.

Please can you give me a step by step to update to the latest firmware

Dstv now and SuperSport apps not working on Mygica 582

9 hours ago, herman.boonzaier said:

Please can you give me a step by step to update to the latest firmware

Dstv now and SuperSport apps not working on Mygica 582