Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rossbl

Android Lollipop OS

Justin, 5.0 firmware is piece of crap!!

After installing I found a lot of issues..For example:

1) cannot connet via ethernet, only via wi.fi

2) wi-fi speed is poor, drops down from 25 to 5

3) cannot put mygica into recovery mode. I install quick boot app and then press Recovery, and nothing happened..

4) original remote control doesn't work at all!!

I did factory reset after upgrade

My question is...How to put latest 4.4 android version on my mygica..Recovery mode doesn't work in my case!

I installed this firmware yesterday and everything looks the same. Confirmed it installed properly in settings, showing newest version. Ether net works fine here. Only issue I have is when I take unit out of standby it won't reconnect to network. Have to either reboot device or manually disconnect and reconnect ethernet. Once connected it will work fine.

Bear in mind that it is a test version.

Everything is new and since people are asking for it, it is nice that Justin is releasing it for us to test.....the brave who do not mind if something breaks.

If you are not the brave, stick with the more stable one.

3) cannot put mygica into recovery mode. I install quick boot app and then press Recovery, and nothing happened..

My question is...How to put latest 4.4 android version on my mygica..Recovery mode doesn't work in my case!

Bear in mind that it is a test version.

Everything is new and since people are asking for it, it is nice that Justin is releasing it for us to test.....the brave who do not mind if something breaks.

If you are not the brave, stick with the more stable one.

Thanks for stating this.

I realize this version of 5.0 is not what people hoped for, but I did put it in the BETA section for those of you that have been asking for it and really wanted to try it.

This is not a beta build this is an alpha build. You have been leading us on as to an update for months, clearly after usings this build you and your team just started workking on 5.0.2. This alone make you look like a joke... why 5.0.2 is where you would start full well knowing the issues 5.0 has. Why you arn't jumping to 5.1 is just stupid buisness, or even 6.0 seeing as though its been released to AOSP. I can't even beliieve you still don't have wifi or ethernet figured out yet. your UI looks and feels horible. I am ashamed to say I have recomended your product.

For the price of this hardware in Canada i can now buy an Nvidia Shield TV, and for 1/3 that priice you can get into a remix, which makes what your doing here a joke. for all those reading this I would hiighly recomend jumping ship while you can.

DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT the support your are given is filled with lies and broken promises!

This is not a beta build this is an alpha build. You have been leading us on as to an update for months, clearly after usings this build you and your team just started workking on 5.0.2. This alone make you look like a joke... why 5.0.2 is where you would start full well knowing the issues 5.0 has. Why you arn't jumping to 5.1 is just stupid buisness, or even 6.0 seeing as though its been released to AOSP. I can't even beliieve you still don't have wifi or ethernet figured out yet. your UI looks and feels horible. I am ashamed to say I have recomended your product.

For the price of this hardware in Canada i can now buy an Nvidia Shield TV, and for 1/3 that priice you can get into a remix, which makes what your doing here a joke. for all those reading this I would hiighly recomend jumping ship while you can.

DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT the support your are given is filled with lies and broken promises!

If you look at this Firmware version it is actually from April 2015, it is the only version of 5.0.2 that I have for 1800/582/380. So this is not something that we have just started working on, this version is just an early one. If you want to see more updates to 5.0.2 then try the 1900 FW on your box, just know only Wifi will work on it, but you will notice all of the differences.

We are not going from 4.4.2 to 5.0.2, instead we are going to 5.1. But I do not have any Beta files of this right now as it has not been given to me.

6.0 has not been made available yet from our SOC supplier AMlogic. Right now only devices I have seen with 6.0 are the Nexus devices, usually even companies like Samsung take 4-6 months to release an Android OS update.

As for our UI, if you do not like it that is fine, there are 100s of UI's you can download and install from the Playstore. I am sure everybody can find one UI to suit there needs. If you are referring to the UI of 5.0, this is just a tablet launcher and does not use our regular UI right now.

If you look at this Firmware version it is actually from April 2015, it is the only version of 5.0.2 that I have for 1800/582/380. So this is not something that we have just started working on, this version is just an early one. If you want to see more updates to 5.0.2 then try the 1900 FW on your box, just know only Wifi will work on it, but you will notice all of the differences.

We are not going from 4.4.2 to 5.0.2, instead we are going to 5.1. But I do not have any Beta files of this right now as it has not been given to me.

6.0 has not been made available yet from our SOC supplier AMlogic. Right now only devices I have seen with 6.0 are the Nexus devices, usually even companies like Samsung take 4-6 months to release an Android OS update.

As for our UI, if you do not like it that is fine, there are 100s of UI's you can download and install from the Playstore. I am sure everybody can find one UI to suit there needs. If you are referring to the UI of 5.0, this is just a tablet launcher and does not use our regular UI right now.

You Absolutly nailed it!!

Firmware version from April 2015 thats 7 monts ago, so why didn't you release this to us then as a Alpha/Beta. Do you see how this looks, when this is all that you have to offer after 8 months of work... soundds to me like you shelved the 1800e to work on the 1900AC, leaving all of us with the 1800e complaining feeliing as though we've been forgotton about for a newer product. As for the 1900 FW i tried it and i couldn't get wifi or ethernet to work.

I do have to apologize for the UI comment, SORRY. UI iis a matter of personal taste. I do use a custome launcher. Anyway I do hope you wiil be delivering on your promise of a 5.1 update sooner than later.

You Absolutly nailed it!!

Firmware version from April 2015 thats 7 monts ago, so why didn't you release this to us then as a Alpha/Beta. Do you see how this looks, when this is all that you have to offer after 8 months of work... soundds to me like you shelved the 1800e to work on the 1900AC, leaving all of us with the 1800e complaining feeliing as though we've been forgotton about for a newer product. As for the 1900 FW i tried it and i couldn't get wifi or ethernet to work.

I do have to apologize for the UI comment, SORRY. UI iis a matter of personal taste. I do use a custome launcher. Anyway I do hope you wiil be delivering on your promise of a 5.1 update sooner than later.

I didn't release it because I was not allowed to. I get a lot of stuff before everyone, but there are agreements I have that sometimes prevent me from giving stuff out.

I apologize for not putting this out there sooner, but one of my PC's crashed in June so I switched out the HD which had this file on it and forgot to put it on my one drive cloud account which I usually do. I remembered I partition my drives and was able to pull this file off it for all of you to try after everyone was pushing for it.

I have tried 1900 FW the latest 10/28 on about 5 different 1800s, and the Wifi works on all of them just not ethernet.

As for 5.1, after my weekly conference this week I was told it is not far along, but I still have no date on it.

Right now they are preparing for CES Show in Las Vegas, so usually they work really hard to push things out quicker and I know 5.1 is apart of CES.

I will try and release the next Beta I get of 5.1 right away so we can get more feedback on it before we make it official, and the turn around time will be quicker to for an official release. I have not received anything yet, but after weekly conference call they claim it is not far away from being done.

wow man.. a lil harsh.. we are all in same boat here and dont forget that this stuff is shareware..freeware.. etc.. so anything given to us openly should be thankfull not beat on.. this is not a free .. guaranteed or because justin has nothin better ta do but hook us up site. soo i think a lil appreciation for whats being offered to us at no cost is in order. there are other ways to post issues with releases that can help the mods and other to help make a better product for us all .. thanks.. jus my 2 pennies worth. :o

What is unfortunate is people here lack the appreciation of what Justin is doing for us. They expect the fastest turn around and nothing breaks.

Many of the older mygica is still being supported. That is what I appreciate.

Justin..keep up the good work. I know many appreciate your contribution here.

wow man.. a lil harsh.. we are all in same boat here and dont forget that this stuff is shareware..freeware.. etc.. so anything given to us openly should be thankfull not beat on.. this is not a free .. guaranteed or because justin has nothin better ta do but hook us up site. soo i think a lil appreciation for whats being offered to us at no cost is in order. there are other ways to post issues with releases that can help the mods and other to help make a better product for us all .. thanks.. jus my 2 pennies worth. :o

What is unfortunate is people here lack the appreciation of what Justin is doing for us. They expect the fastest turn around and nothing breaks.

Many of the older mygica is still being supported. That is what I appreciate.

Justin..keep up the good work. I know many appreciate your contribution here.

Thanks for the feedback

I do give out what I am given when I am allowed to.

And it is true I still push to have older models updated. I will be updating the Dual Core models again to include KODI 15.2, however it will still be on 4.2.2 since we cannot upgrade past this OS version.

You guys have to remember I am not an Engineer.

However having an engineer on our forum is something I am really pushing for starting in the new year, because it will eliminate wait times and all of you will have responses not only from me but from a team member that is working on the Software directly.

well, it seems that this is going to draw a close to my time fighting with mygica boxes. Sold off my remaining mygica hardware and found something better. It already has android 5.1 and the 6.x upgrade is available.... arguably better hardware.... and no abandoned promises with little or no explanation.

justin, other admins, take note.... you've got to push the technicians to get your software on par with the current market or I'm not the last customer you'll loose. This whole game of promising updates and seeing youtube videos of my 1800e hardware running android 5.x updates since last fall is ridiculous and to be honest, has kinda pissed me off. There's a dozen amlogic s802 and s812 based boxes that have android 5.1 now.... so what in the world is holding you guys up now? Everywhere I see android boxes, and the MyGica boxes are universally priced higher.... $214-$239 for the 16GB 1900ac model but I can get a 64GB nvidia shield for $275?!?!? (these are Canadian prices as of me writing this post)

Honestly, I'm somewhat sorry to say that I'm quitting you guys, but I'm starting to feel the way that Western Digital made me feel about my WDTV Live box. When WD were playing games with customers and promising updates that never came, that's what sunk their community too.

We plan to have Android 5.1 on the ATV 380, 1800, 582, 585 and 1900AC

What about the 1800E???

Sorry for the post . Just read again and I see 1800 listed.

We plan to have Android 5.1 on the ATV 380, 1800, 582, 585 and 1900AC

What about the 1800E???

Sorry for the post . Just read again and I see 1800 listed.

For the record, you forgot to include the date that that comment was written:

"by Justin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:04 pm"

Almost 6 months ago! I believe that Android 6 was written in less time.

Hi Everyone,

I am new in the forum but I am looking for the ATV582 update firmware for Android 5 lollipop please so I can update to Kodi 17  and I need the Ethernet to be working?

I have had this system for 2 years now and have only updated with some of the patches from this site.

On 6/12/2017 at 11:16 PM, Tipps said:

Hi Everyone,

I am new in the forum but I am looking for the ATV582 update firmware for Android 5 lollipop please so I can update to Kodi 17  and I need the Ethernet to be working?

I have had this system for 2 years now and have only updated with some of the patches from this site.

I posted something here
You are welcome to try it

5 hours ago, Justin said:

I posted something here
You are welcome to try it

Hi Justin,

Thank you, I will try that out and see how it goes.

I tried the original 1900AC firmware but that caused no Ethernet and had no power turn off  so had to unplug all the time.

I understand that the 1800E is a closer match to the ATV582 so was going to try that one also, but will try this Patch version first, if it works then all good.

1 hour ago, Tipps said:

Hi Justin,

Thank you, I will try that out and see how it goes.

I tried the original 1900AC firmware but that caused no Ethernet and had no power turn off  so had to unplug all the time.

I understand that the 1800E is a closer match to the ATV582 so was going to try that one also, but will try this Patch version first, if it works then all good.

Ok let me know

You need to install that firmware first and then the patch file.

The next version will be firmware only, and have the patch file built into it