Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rossbl

Android Lollipop OS

as much as i like the way my sys it working w new firmware an 15.0 b2. on kitkat. and i use lolipop on my cell. to be honest i wud really like to know what wud the benifits be for loli on our system at this point? dont get me wrong.. i love loli 5.0 jus a q' i had on this topic. thanks

I have a Mygica ATV582 and Iove it. Are there are any plans to release with new firmware with Android Lollipop for these boxes? I would be interested in upgrading instead of buying another box unnecessarily.... please advise...

Any news on the Android 5.1 firmware?

Im pushing for it to come out shortly after China finishes there Autumn Festival Holiday, which is on from Oct 1st-7th

Wish I had as many holidays as China..lol

I will also be in China for about 2 weeks on Oct 12th, so will oversee it coming out as well.

So I just registered for the forums but I've owned an atv-1800e for about a year now.

I'd just like an update on when android 5.x is coming for my box. The last update in this thread indicated that it was coming soon, but that was close to a month ago. Is there an estimated timeline for release yet? Before December would sure be nice 8)

So I just registered for the forums but I've owned an atv-1800e for about a year now.

I'd just like an update on when android 5.x is coming for my box. The last update in this thread indicated that it was coming soon, but that was close to a month ago. Is there an estimated timeline for release yet? Before December would sure be nice 8)

You will be able to use the 1900 Lollipop FW on your 1800.

This will be for anyone that is looking to use 5.0.2 on there 1800/582/380

You will be able to use the 1900 Lollipop FW on your 1800.

This will be for anyone that is looking to use 5.0.2 on there 1800/582/380

Justin, is there a tentative release date for the 1800E version of the update?? If not, is this still valid, the 1900 Lollipop version on the 1800E.

I've looked and cannot seem to find the file available for download on either the 1900 forum or the 1800 beta forum, can you point me in the right direction?

I will try ATV1900ac on my ATV1800e and I'll post back the details.

I'd recommend a bit of caution. I read in another topic that Justin stated that the 1900ac version will not support the ethernet connection, only WiFi connection. Seems the ethernet hardware is different on the boxes.

He said he was looking for another version, that he will/may post, if he finds it on his computer.

Back to wait status.

I am waiting on new Files to be sent to me for all of the OTA updates, because the ones they are sending down for OTA are different Version dates then the ones that I have.

So if I post up these for manual download, you will still get message to take OTA update.

I should have by tomorrow if they are working on Saturday, or by Monday.

Once I have everything I will post up all manual firmware files for 1900+1800/582+585+586

As I said before, you can use 1900 FW on 1800/582, just ethernet wont work.

That's GREAT, I will look forward to the update.... I would like to suggest that it may be about time to add an official thread in the downloads section for the 1800. I searched all over the discussions section for the forum and the 1900s downloads section, noticing that there has been some mixed results with ethernet functioning in the early versions of the update, but it would still be nice to have to play with as *beta* for the next week or so while you guys polish it up for final release.

I promise to upload all Manual Files of FW for all recent models this week

Sorry but the issue is that the files I got for testing, and the ones that are sent down for OTA have different Dates on them, so you would still get prompted to take OTA update even though all that is different is the Firmware date.

And problem is it takes about 12 hours for China to upload 1 Firmware file to a cloud drive for me to download from.

Once I have them all, I will upload them asap.

Including a working Beta Android 5.0 for 1800/582 as I have now found it after finding my old PC hard drive I swapped out recently.

I am going to clean up downloads sections to for all models.

I might change the layout for downloads to something like mygica.com has, to make things easier for everyone.

I will try ATV1900ac on my ATV1800e and I'll post back the details.

I'd recommend a bit of caution. I read in another topic that Justin stated that the 1900ac version will not support the ethernet connection, only WiFi connection. Seems the ethernet hardware is different on the boxes.

He said he was looking for another version, that he will/may post, if he finds it on his computer.

Back to wait status.

I did try it, even before my 1800e rebooted it complained about permission issues. It didn't boot and I swear it almost bricked, I'll download another one and try again.

:D Clearly I did it wrong, wiping data and cache did the trick before install. I updated fine as well, can't get the homebar :cry:

I was having issue with Google services before, now it's all working! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hello, Justin.

For more than a month on your forum, there is talk about a firmware update Android 5.0 for ATV1800E .

If I understand you correctly, the firmware must be received by OTA.

You promise that the firmware will be sometime this week, then next.

Please explain. Is there a firmware you promised?

When it will actually published a new firmware?

Why do not you place the firmware in the cloud and put a link here?

Or is this guff?

I agree. There have been talks about Android 5.0 FW for 1800 and 582, but as of right now, there's nothing. I'm not getting any OTA either. Are you guys serious about this new firmware or are you guys just buying time? I like my Mygica boxes, but I'm getting a bit frustrated here.... and please don't say we're nagging. We're customers and we deserve a good firmware...

I posted this in a few threads yesterday

It is OTA update that will start soon, but you can all take it early

pls find ATV1800E ATV582 update firmware as below:

update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20151119.img

https://mega.nz/#!Pg11UAyB!mweWOsvrj04N ... EpmdRR4jpg

change log:

1. Welcome page add 5 more lanuge. totally have 15 languages now:English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch (Netherlands), Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Polish, Greek, Hungarian, Czech, Croatian and Romanian

2. solved wifi disconnect issue

3. Kodi updated to 15.2 lastest version

4. CVBS default output change to 480i (NTSC)

5. Each device should have a unique Android ID

6. When OTA updates occur, this list will show from now on showing the latest changes. You can select not to accept the changes if you prefer.

As for Lollipop 5.0.2

I have it, and will be posting it today for all of you to try on 1800/582/380

Please note it is for Pure Beta Use only.

Anyones else having problems downloading Beta Firmware for Android Lollipop that Justin just posted this afternoon?

I get this error message when click on Justin's link.

"You are not authorized to read this forum."