Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gurchain

MyGica ATV1800e - Optical Audio Output

I purchased a MyGica ATV1800e on the 7th of March 2015 (Invoice No. 43073) and I was trying to set it up on Sunday. I wanted to use the optical output for the sound but discovered that the optical cable (Monster Brand) did not fit properly into the Optical Input at the back of the unit. The same Optical fits in perfectly into the back of my TV and my Bose receiver perfectly. On Monday I purchased another optical cable just to rule out the fact that the cable I had may have a different standard. But this did not fit in properly either.

I then brought the unit back to your shop and none of your reps could do any better than what I had tried. They even tried it on your demo units. Then I asked them to try it on the MyGica ATV582 and it connected perfectly. It was then discovered that the optical connector on the MyGica ATV582 was flush with body of the case but optical connector on the MyGica 1800e was recessed inside. This is a manufacturing defect in the unit.

I would like to know how this can be corrected so that I can use the Optical Audio Output.

Thanks

I purchased a MyGica ATV1800e on the 7th of March 2015 (Invoice No. 43073) and I was trying to set it up on Sunday. I wanted to use the optical output for the sound but discovered that the optical cable (Monster Brand) did not fit properly into the Optical Input at the back of the unit. The same Optical fits in perfectly into the back of my TV and my Bose receiver perfectly. On Monday I purchased another optical cable just to rule out the fact that the cable I had may have a different standard. But this did not fit in properly either.

I then brought the unit back to your shop and none of your reps could do any better than what I had tried. They even tried it on your demo units. Then I asked them to try it on the MyGica ATV582 and it connected perfectly. It was then discovered that the optical connector on the MyGica ATV582 was flush with body of the case but optical connector on the MyGica 1800e was recessed inside. This is a manufacturing defect in the unit.

I would like to know how this can be corrected so that I can use the Optical Audio Output.

Thanks

Where did you purchase this from? We are just a support forum, we are not the retailer. So not sure who you dealt with for this?

Also the ATV 582 does not support Optical audio, so I am not sure how you were able to try it on this model?

We have tried optical cables here without issues, so let me know the exact cable you are trying and we can purchase it to try it ourselves to see if this is in fact a defect.

Hi Justin,

I puchased my MyGica 1800e from

Ground Control Electronics - Vancouver FTA

3379 Fraser St, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V5V4C2

Today after reading your reply I went back to them again and it was my error about the 582 it is actually the MyGica ATV1200 where the output cable fits in perfectly but it is loose when it connects to the MyGica ATV1800e model. The reason being that the optical output connector on the ATV1200 is fluss with the case but on the ATV1800e it is recessed in. Even the people at Vancouver FTA have notice the problem and they tell me to use the HDMI for audio. This off course does work but I want to go to a Bose Receiver so that I can get better surround sound by using the optical output cable.

I am attaching the images of the ATV1800e back panel and the ATV1200 back panel.

I am pretty sure it works electronically but mechanically it does not fit properly because of the connector being recessed inside. I have tried 2 different optical cables and one of them in the Monster brand which is quite famous.

If you do have a brand name of optical cable that fits in properly with the cover on then please let me know where I can get that cable.

Please let me know what I can do.

Thanks

Hi,

i just recently purchased the 1800e box and I am experiencing the same problem. I have used the optical cord that came with the box and it isn't compatible. I am just wondering if there is a cord that will work or what I can do to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Hi Lonzie,

It definitely is a hardware problem (Manufacturing Defect) and I am still waiting for Justin's reply on the matter. I did not get an optical cable in the box but I tried it with 2 different cables and it does not fit. However both cables fit properly on their MyGica ATV1200 model. The MyGica ATV1800 model is supposed to be a superior model costing more but yet it has this manufacturing defect. I am sure the cable will fit if the case is removed but I was told by the reseller that it would void the warranty.

The reseller Ground Control Electronics - Vancouver FTA agrees that this is a manfacture defect.

Hope to get an answer soon from Justin (Global Moderator).

It sure would be nice to know if they are going to do anything to correct this issue! A reply to let us know what their intentions are would be greatly appreciated!! :?

Hi Lonzie,

It definitely is a hardware problem (Manufacturing Defect) and I am still waiting for Justin's reply on the matter. I did not get an optical cable in the box but I tried it with 2 different cables and it does not fit. However both cables fit properly on their MyGica ATV1200 model. The MyGica ATV1800 model is supposed to be a superior model costing more but yet it has this manufacturing defect. I am sure the cable will fit if the case is removed but I was told by the reseller that it would void the warranty.

The reseller Ground Control Electronics - Vancouver FTA agrees that this is a manfacture defect.

Hope to get an answer soon from Justin (Global Moderator).

Hey there,

If we had verified that it was defective, we would have swapped it out for you in store. I just talked to the other guys here, and they're positive it was either the design of the cable or the type of connector. We compared it to the other 1800Es we have in store and there were no discernible differences...

If anybody could shed some light on the brand/connector type they're using for optical through the 1800E, that would be great!

Best,

- Matt @ GC

Hi Matt @GC

For your kind information I have brought the ATV1800e back to the store twice and I do not have the names of the reps that I showed it to but they all agreed that the Optical cable connected properly to the ATV1200 but not to the ATV1800e.

I have even written three emails to your Boss/Owner about this problem but I have not received any response.

I will be glad to bring the ATV1800e back to you again on Monday or Tuesday to show it to you. If you can recommend an optical cable that will fit properly to the connector on the ATV1800e then i will gladly buy that one.

5817fccc9f10e_BackPanelMyGicaATV1800e.jpg.2d77028c5d1f0991aba6449f42ec27a9.jpg

Anyone having issues with there optical cable not connecting properly to there ATV 1800E

Please email me in regards to this at

support@mygica.ca

I have a solution for this

I can only offer this though to anyone living in North America

Thanks

Justin

Hi Matt @GC

For your kind information I have brought the ATV1800e back to the store twice and I do not have the names of the reps that I showed it to but they all agreed that the Optical cable connected properly to the ATV1200 but not to the ATV1800e.

I have even written three emails to your Boss/Owner about this problem but I have not received any response.

I will be glad to bring the ATV1800e back to you again on Monday or Tuesday to show it to you. If you can recommend an optical cable that will fit properly to the connector on the ATV1800e then i will gladly buy that one.

[attachment=1]Back Panel MyGica ATV1800e.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Back Panel MyGica ATV1200.jpg[/attachment]

See you next week.

Gurchain

to fix your issue we have a video on our wiki page

http://wiki.mygica.tv/index.php?title=A ... _Fix_Sound

just where you select PCM select SPDIF Pass through