Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

princess of hell

when the firmware 4.2.2 is ready ?

hi Justin! I say that I followed the steps exactly, the card also has formatted fat32, I do not know exactly what happened to me this player is bought by a fellow sailor in Hong Kong have no place to send him than the manufacturer, and the first time I sent it all to them in romania not get to fix it, but as I said last very long, the update was done in 4.1.2. I have brought back to life and phones and a router, I am convinced that there must be a way for this player. you advise me to do?

Sorry but we just do not have a way to unbrick units right now, we have asked the factory about this, and they just tell us to send it back to them for warranty.

So the only thing I can suggest is to send it back, but when sending it back, ask for it to be upgraded to the latest 4.2.2.

hello! I did the update to 4.2.2, but unfortunately was not successful, the screen remained black, I waited 10 minutes and nothing, I tried to do a reset but the player remains in standby (only red light and the screen black) you would be grateful if you guide me how to revive it, my player was one unlucky 1 month ago returned from china of warranty, I would not want to send him again last very long) thank you advance!

PS. I followed exactly what it says here : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1570

The same thing has happened to me. I bricked the mine. I have used the method since. I had very clear the upgrade process. I have downgrade atv1200 linux firmware to android white the same methode. I not have a way to unbrick units right now. In Spanish forum androidpc.es 2 user have bricked the atv1200 while they updating to 4.2.2.

1 user can make mistakes, but it has happened 4 times with different devices. @Justin, It would be interesting to mygica investigate a possible problem with the firmware. imho. Hopefully only be an isolated error.

I send it back to them for warranty.

hello! I did the update to 4.2.2, but unfortunately was not successful, the screen remained black, I waited 10 minutes and nothing, I tried to do a reset but the player remains in standby (only red light and the screen black) you would be grateful if you guide me how to revive it, my player was one unlucky 1 month ago returned from china of warranty, I would not want to send him again last very long) thank you advance!

PS. I followed exactly what it says here : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1570

The same thing has happened to me. I bricked the mine. I have used the method since. I had very clear the upgrade process. I have downgrade atv1200 linux firmware to android white the same methode. I not have a way to unbrick units right now. In Spanish forum androidpc.es 2 user have bricked the atv1200 while they updating to 4.2.2.

1 user can make mistakes, but it has happened 4 times with different devices. @Justin, It would be interesting to mygica investigate a possible problem with the firmware. imho. Hopefully only be an isolated error.

I send it back to them for warranty.

There is not a problem with the firmware, I myself have upgraded now over 100 units to 4.2 so, and another employee in our office has done the same, we have not bricked 1 unit yet.

The upgrade process has to be followed step by step, one mistake and you can brick your box.

These are the common errors we have found when people attempt an upgrade

1. Holding down the reset button for longer then 10 seconds

2. Unplugging the unit while your TV screen is blank, because they feel its not working. Rememeber the TV screen will be blank for the first 2-3 minutes.

3. Not extracting all files from the zip file onto your SD card

4. Not having any other files, besides the upgrade files on your SD card.

There are a lot of Mygica's in the marketplace all over the world, so for you to find 4 people that have bricked there box, is not alarming to us, because on forums you mostly hear about the problems people are having, not a lot of people will take the time to post up that it worked for them.

Mygica in china warned us about user's bricking there boxes with this upgrade, if the proper steps were not followed, but we feel with our detailed step by step instructions and how to video, there should only be a small percentage of people bricking there box.

I don't want to discuss with you but I have followed all the steps even spent 20 minutes waiting. He has been unlucky and touched me to my. Thank you for the support offered in the Forum.

Is still under warranty so that I will send it.

I don't want to discuss with you but I have followed all the steps even spent 20 minutes waiting. He has been unlucky and touched me to my. Thank you for the support offered in the Forum.

Is still under warranty so that I will send it.

Ok no problem

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the firmware. I successfully installed it. If I must confess, this has been the best firmware on this box. Since I bought this box, its about a year or more, I actually didn't used this box much until now. I deinstalled the frodo and installed gotham for android arm. It works nicely and plays 1080p from my smb share.

Some things I noticed though:

1) I cannot install anything from Google Play - it displays error.

2) SD materials are choppy - tried it with the latest version of Youtube app. It surprises me that 1080p plays well but SD don't.

Thanks for the firmware

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the firmware. I successfully installed it. If I must confess, this has been the best firmware on this box. Since I bought this box, its about a year or more, I actually didn't used this box much until now. I deinstalled the frodo and installed gotham for android arm. It works nicely and plays 1080p from my smb share.

Some things I noticed though:

1) I cannot install anything from Google Play - it displays error.

2) SD materials are choppy - tried it with the latest version of Youtube app. It surprises me that 1080p plays well but SD don't.

Thanks for the firmware

1. Not sure why you are experiencing this problem, we have units on display in our office with Android 4.2.2, and have downloaded and installed apps onto them from the Google play store with no problems. May I suggest a factory reset to try and fix this issue, as this is the first time I have heard of this.

2. I just tried an SD video on a unit on display here, and it played with no problems, however I did not check which version of You Tube was installed, so must be a problem with the new update.

Thanks for your reply. I have not done a factory reset yet, I just don't have the time to do the settings all over again. I have resolved to installing the apps through usb for now. About the SD materials, it has been so for me since I bought this unit and with the last version on Mygica's site. Someone asked me to do factory reset which actually fixed the hd playback problem but not the SD.

I will try in on different sources to see if it depends on the source - still don't believe though because my other players, iPad, Tabs and tv boxes play from same source perfectly and with same WLAN settings.

Thanks anyway, I will try your suggestion sometime.

Thanks for your reply. I have not done a factory reset yet, I just don't have the time to do the settings all over again. I have resolved to installing the apps through usb for now. About the SD materials, it has been so for me since I bought this unit and with the last version on Mygica's site. Someone asked me to do factory reset which actually fixed the hd playback problem but not the SD.

I will try in on different sources to see if it depends on the source - still don't believe though because my other players, iPad, Tabs and tv boxes play from same source perfectly and with same WLAN settings.

Thanks anyway, I will try your suggestion sometime.

Ok let me know if it works for you

Installed it , bricked my device it is dead as a doornail and stuck with a red light no output...

It seems that the spi_MX.bin is corrupted for some reason :roll: i also think that that is the reason why it is bricked.

Tried several bootcards, but it never comes into the recovery mode.

Anyone any idea what to do ?

Cheers!

Installed it , bricked my device it is dead as a doornail and stuck with a red light no output...

It seems that the spi_MX.bin is corrupted for some reason :roll: i also think that that is the reason why it is bricked.

Tried several bootcards, but it never comes into the recovery mode.

Anyone any idea what to do ?

Cheers!

You will have get it exchanged under warranty

Hi Justin,

What kind of advice is that :S , with the help of Mygica support i've managed to bring it back alive and installed 4.2.2.

This ROM is the most disapointing one yet, XBMC plays very laggy, Bluetooth is no longer there (external dongle is no longer configurable).

Tried the 13.1 Gotham release of xbmc , which plays even more laggy, time to revert ..

Unfortunally there is no revert to 4.1 rom to find on the mygica forum, so after hours of internet exploring i found a method to revert back.

After that i got the 0 bytes bug, which i again solved with alot of internet exploring.

Now the box is back to 4.1, but the remote standby is no longer working it only turns the screen black. I let it sit overnigh in this state , this morning the box was hanging and i had to reboot.. after that all setting lost again.

I am fed up with it, the hardware seems to be ok, but the firmware is utterly crap!

I spend hours and hours finding solutions that should be on the website or this forum, no one seems to have any FAQ, there is no 4.2.2 to 4.1.2 procedure described so one has to find all the answers on the internet ...

I am not a happy customer.. release firmware when it is 100% tested and proofed, not somekind of homebrew crap which is not working....

Hi Justin,

What kind of advice is that :S , with the help of Mygica support i've managed to bring it back alive and installed 4.2.2.

This ROM is the most disapointing one yet, XBMC plays very laggy, Bluetooth is no longer there (external dongle is no longer configurable).

Tried the 13.1 Gotham release of xbmc , which plays even more laggy, time to revert ..

Unfortunally there is no revert to 4.1 rom to find on the mygica forum, so after hours of internet exploring i found a method to revert back.

After that i got the 0 bytes bug, which i again solved with alot of internet exploring.

Now the box is back to 4.1, but the remote standby is no longer working it only turns the screen black. I let it sit overnigh in this state , this morning the box was hanging and i had to reboot.. after that all setting lost again.

I am fed up with it, the hardware seems to be ok, but the firmware is utterly crap!

I spend hours and hours finding solutions that should be on the website or this forum, no one seems to have any FAQ, there is no 4.2.2 to 4.1.2 procedure described so one has to find all the answers on the internet ...

I am not a happy customer.. release firmware when it is 100% tested and proofed, not somekind of homebrew crap which is not working....

Its good to hear you were able to revert back, we have never been given these files before, and therefore were told just to replace bricked units under warranty. I will ask them to send me files to unbrick, since you were able to find them.

We are adding Bluetooth back into the menu on our next update. We will also be including our own version of Gotham 13.1 pre installed on our next update for 4.2. And we just recently added the remote standby in the 4.2 update, and was never included on 4.1.

I am not sure why you are experiencing these problems, as I have not read these types of problems on our forum from anyone before in regards to our 4.2 update, I also browse other forums and also ask weekly for feedback from our dealers and there customers as well, and have not heard of the problems you are having with XBMC and your box.

Me and 10 others tested 4.2 for 4 weeks before we released it publicly, this is not home brew software, this firmware is built by real engineers all employed by Geniatech which is the manufacturer of Mygica in China.

If you continue to have problems with your box, I have no problems replacing it under warranty for you with a brand new one.

I have just updated from 4.1.2 to 4.2 on my 520E Box using MyGica_4.2_atv400_20140610_KR34.zip file today. It installed ok. But....

Q1: VST Chinese TV pack is not on My Favorite anymore. It was on 4.1.2 before. How can I add it back?

Q2: Bluetooth setting disappeared. Is there another release?

Q3: can I link any android Bluetooth keyboard to my 520E? Or I can only link myGica keyboard?

Q4: assuming it can link yo keyboard, can I input Chinese character ?

I have just updated from 4.1.2 to 4.2 on my 520E Box using MyGica_4.2_atv400_20140610_KR34.zip file today. It installed ok. But....

Q1: VST Chinese TV pack is not on My Favorite anymore. It was on 4.1.2 before. How can I add it back?

Q2: Bluetooth setting disappeared. Is there another release?

Q3: can I link any android Bluetooth keyboard to my 520E? Or I can only link myGica keyboard?

Q4: assuming it can link yo keyboard, can I input Chinese character ?

1. We removed VST from our firmware upgrade to 4.2. You can find the latest app version of VST here http://down.znds.com/apk/tv/2013/0928/14.html

2. We removed Bluetooth since our engineers are trying to configure it to work with external bluetooth adapters on 4.2.2

3. You can link any external mouse and keyboard using a USB 2.4GHZ dongle, almost any one should work with Mygica.

4. Most keyboards are in english lettering, however you can always change the language settings from english to chinese in the settings menu of android.

Hey Justin,

When will there be an update of 4.2.2 with Bluetooth enabled? And will the 1080p Kernel will be included? Thanks you.

Greetings from Germany ;)

We will have an update next week looks like, but no bluetooth added back yet, apparently a problem with 4.2.2.

And we released a beta file of the 1080P kernel for the ATV 1200/400/520E, you can find it in the download sections of each model on our forum, however this will all that we will be releasing, as our main firmware is very stable on a 720p Kernel.