Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jlarivee

Internet issues on my atv1200

I am having an issue with my atv1200 box, I can't seem to do anything that requires Internet. The browser does not work, Netflix says I don't have a network connection, YouTube will not load etc. it says in settings that it is connected to my wifi network and my signal strength is good. Can anybody please help me with this issue?

One possibility is you are connected to your wireless but does your internet work on it, that is the question you should ascertain. MyGica box only knows it is connected to a wifi but your wifi broadcasting box (whatever it is) needs to have 'internet working' on it. Most likely that will be your problem.

Hey Justin,

I had inadvertently created another thread for the same topic, as I'd missed this. Am having the same issue, and changing the channel as suggested is not resolving. Any other thoughts?

Thank you.

My limited experience would then suggest running app in Android called OOBE which is the wizard that runs on first run. I remember I once got some popup telling me I can't have ethernet and wifi on at the same time. If that's so, try disabling the ethernet, either in Settings or in that app OOBE and enable wifi in there. I also remember that in Settings it somehow didn't work for me (switching on ethernet) but that wizard always worked.

my recommendation is to Factory reset the box, and see if that fixes the issue and 99.99% of the time that will fix any issues your having with network

Ok, I've finally gotten around to attempting this, and the box won't respond to my mouse or my usb keyboard while trying to do the factory reset, so I can't tell it to reset. I lost the mygica remote ages ago, and I know both the mouse and the keyboard work with the box, as they respond in regular mode. Thoughts? Other than "go buy another remote?" ;)

Thanks.

oh no, ok ya we do recommand getting a remote its cheap these days on Amazon for like $12 to $90 remote our MyGica Remote KR301 is around $25 and you wont go wrong having it