Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/380 MARCH 31ST FIRMWARE FEEDBACK THREAD

I found a solution to the device not walking up after the TV has been off for a while. Just push and hold the red button on the remote for a few seconds, then down, then okay. The box will reboot and come back with a display. It's not perfect but it beats getting off the couch and unplugging it.

I found a solution to the device not walking up after the TV has been off for a while. Just push and hold the red button on the remote for a few seconds, then down, then okay. The box will reboot and come back with a display. It's not perfect but it beats getting off the couch and unplugging it.

Hehe :D

Thanks tarabostes

I tried factory reset and it did the same thing again after a few minutes of usage. Have to take power cable out. I will do a third time factory reset. Also noticing blank screen problem that others reported, when switching HDMI connection back to it (using a HDMI receiver). Sometimes after standby I dont get the screen back and have to do hard power cycle.

These issues are really annoying. Hoping to hear back from Justin and in the meantime anyone else has suggestion please feel free to add.

:evil::evil: I so I did factory reset and video worked for a day or so. After that it was back to video stuttering badly and not watchable. I did a reset again and it works for a day or so. This is really frustrating and buggy update. I had to do this because wanted to go with Kodi, otherwise 2014 update was just fine.

HDMI blackout and blinking issue remains. When power on the unit after standby video either is blackout or would start flickering. Kids use this to watch cartoons and they are really annoying me why its not working :oops::oops: .

I bought 2 mygica units and both are now unusable. I should have kept my old stupid media player. Atleast fix the video stuttering asap. :evil::evil:

Thanks tarabostes

I tried factory reset and it did the same thing again after a few minutes of usage. Have to take power cable out. I will do a third time factory reset. Also noticing blank screen problem that others reported, when switching HDMI connection back to it (using a HDMI receiver). Sometimes after standby I dont get the screen back and have to do hard power cycle.

These issues are really annoying. Hoping to hear back from Justin and in the meantime anyone else has suggestion please feel free to add.

:evil::evil: I so I did factory reset and video worked for a day or so. After that it was back to video stuttering badly and not watchable. I did a reset again and it works for a day or so. This is really frustrating and buggy update. I had to do this because wanted to go with Kodi, otherwise 2014 update was just fine.

HDMI blackout and blinking issue remains. When power on the unit after standby video either is blackout or would start flickering. Kids use this to watch cartoons and they are really annoying me why its not working :oops::oops: .

I bought 2 mygica units and both are now unusable. I should have kept my old stupid media player. Atleast fix the video stuttering asap. :evil::evil:

The fact you have 2 units with the same issue makes me believe the 2 Mygicas might not be the problem.

A defective unit can happen but 2 the same time? Highly unlikely IMHO.

What sources are you watching? What format? What / how many apps you have installed?

What player are you using for those files? The built in MyGica Kodi app? How about MX Player?

Can you test with the official stable Kodi? Can you test with SPMC?

Have you tried with different format video files just to get a more complete picture of the possible issue?

If you are playing the video files from the internet or a network location, can you try with the same video files on a USB stick or USB HDD?

Don't be upset... we'll sort it out!

Thanks tarabostes

The fact you have 2 units with the same issue makes me believe the 2 Mygicas might not be the problem.

A defective unit can happen but 2 the same time? Highly unlikely IMHO.

What sources are you watching? What format? What / how many apps you have installed?

What player are you using for those files? The built in MyGica Kodi app? How about MX Player?

Can you test with the official stable Kodi? Can you test with SPMC?

Have you tried with different format video files just to get a more complete picture of the possible issue?

If you are playing the video files from the internet or a network location, can you try with the same video files on a USB stick or USB HDD?

Don't be upset... we'll sort it out!

The setup is same as before when I had last 2014 update. Havent had any issue in almost 6 months but now after the update. All videos are played from NAS server over Ethernet.

The flickering problem is not actually due to the type of media. Right when it comes back from standby it starts flickering or goes black. Switching receiver (Sony) inputs doesnt fix it. Only have to reboot mygica.

Video stuttering happens in Kodi and Youtube. Those are the only two apps on it (other than 4k video App) and that we use. After doing factory reset it starts working ok, with every video plays smooth including Youtube. Going through a few standby cycles I am noticing the problem comes back and videos start stuttering. I may actually post a video of this.

The setup is same as before when I had last 2014 update. Havent had any issue in almost 6 months but now after the update. All videos are played from NAS server over Ethernet.

The flickering problem is not actually due to the type of media. Right when it comes back from standby it starts flickering or goes black. Switching receiver (Sony) inputs doesnt fix it. Only have to reboot mygica.

Video stuttering happens in Kodi and Youtube. Those are the only two apps on it (other than 4k video App) and that we use. After doing factory reset it starts working ok, with every video plays smooth including Youtube. Going through a few standby cycles I am noticing the problem comes back and videos start stuttering. I may actually post a video of this.

I had the flickering issues 2 or 3 times so far and I was able to solve it only by rebooting the device.

There was a post suggesting to set the resolution fixed to 1080p / 30 fps but in my case I had the black screen issues even after setting that.

In my case I learned to start the TV 1st, then switch to the MyGica input and it is working ok after.

I have MyGica connected directly to my TV but I can't say if that makes a difference.

In my case it is stable, I had even weeks of uptime (only standby used).

Try SPMC, see if it makes a difference. How much free space you have on your device?

If you press on the menu button while it is playing the videos, how much buffer you have? (see the last 2 lines)

What resolution do you have set on your TV?

I agree a firmware update to fix these issues is badly needed.

No receiver, straight to a sharp aquos and never had this problem with previous firmwares.

Can you try switching tv/video input on the tv and cycle back to the Mygica input to see if that works?

It does not. Pulling the HDMI cable doesn't do anything either. Only rebooting the 380 works.

Justin, I had one box handy and it upgraded fine except XBMC is still XBMC 13.2 KODI nowhere to be found.Could you post separate the apk for KODI 14.2MyGica version?

Thanks

I updated the Beta FW

Can be found here

http://mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php? ... a2c#p11820

Just so everyone knows, I am reading all of your feedback. And relaying all of it, I know this has been frustrating for everyone including myself. I will keep updating the firmware till we get everything right.

I am focusing more just on Firmware fixes/changes and going over everyone's feedback for the time being, as I am involved in many on going projects right now. Mark and James will be handling all of the tech support questions throughout the forum for now, I will be adding a few more Mods for this as well.

KODI 15 fixes a lot of stuff, mainly moving up to Directx 11, which is a big thing, it also adds auto refresh rate switching for Android, and you should now also be able to keep your add ons and user data for each new updated version of KODI 15 for Android also. A lot of great info can be found here http://kodi.tv/kodi-15-0-isengard-beta-2/

Trying to work through a lot of changes to the UI and also weeding out bugs on Android 5, to make it a stable release.

Also in regards to James. He is Canadian guys, he works in our office in Mississauga. Just wanted to clarify that, for those thinking he was in China.

I am pushing to move onto Android 5 with KODI 15 for the 582/380, 1800E/1800, 585. You can see a sneak peek of Android 5 running on 1800E by watching this video

RpAKLahea1A

Just noticed this.

Diggin the Android 5. Alot.

Any idea when we will be able to upgrade Justin?

Were moving to 5.1.2 by end of next month

I am completely new to this! But after installing the new FW my wi-fi stopped working. It basically says refreshing AP and never shows up. My wifi is running well on at least 4 other devices! Tried various rollbacks to older FWs', to no avail!! Please help anyone?

I am completely new to this! But after installing the new FW my wi-fi stopped working. It basically says refreshing AP and never shows up. My wifi is running well on at least 4 other devices! Tried various rollbacks to older FWs', to no avail!! Please help anyone?

There's whole bunch of us that are in the same boat. We are all not-so-patiently waiting on a a new FW to fix.

There's whole bunch of us that are in the same boat. We are all not-so-patiently waiting on a a new FW to fix.

Thanks for the heads up! so I guess i will also be waiting not-so-patiently.

Do you guys have any plans to release any firmware that includes Android Lollipop 5.0 for other Mygica boxes, including the ATV582?

Yes we do

Should be by the end of this month

will this address the ratelimit on the wifi and nic?

its sad to only get 5 Mbps on a 100 Mbps network connection attached to a 1 Gbps network with a 250 Mbps internet service.. ya know what i mean?

Do you guys have any plans to release any firmware that includes Android Lollipop 5.0 for other Mygica boxes, including the ATV582?

Yes we do

Should be by the end of this month

EOM fast approaching - any update on this Justin, or has it slid into November at this point?

We are doing OTA updates over the next week

Starting with the following, the updates should start on Friday and we will be updating each model in the order below. All of this will take about a week to complete all models with updates. I will post up manual files as well once I have them all ready.

ATV 1900

ATV 586

ATV 1800/582/380

ATV 585

For Android 5.0, I will post up the ATV 1900 FW as a manual download, you can use this on 1800/582/380. I have tested this and it works.