Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/380 MARCH 31ST FIRMWARE FEEDBACK THREAD

Any ETA in the Android 5.0 for ATV582? Sorry, I am growing anxious :)

Just curious, is there something specific in Lollipop you are looking for? I pretty much only use my mygica for Kodi and am using latest from the playstore at this point.

I'm also waiting for Lollipop, but only use my boxes for Kodi and Netflix (also running the newest Kodi). I only really 'want' Lollipop for aestetic reasons. :D

I'm much more impatient for this wifi/ethernet throttling fix... Come on Amlogic... :cry:

I agree wifi/ethernet chipset drivers is the most important fix. I know everyone has jumped on the Lollipop train but I would take a KitKat update any day of the week. Would be curious as to whether all development is only focused on 5.1? Judging from what I can see on these forums it will be a while before Lollipop will be released.

LOL - I'm surprised no one is screaming for MarshMellow yet :) I have that on my phone (stock), but run Lolli on my tablet (custom ROM) and still have an old KitKat Custom Rom on my Nexus which is off in a desk somewhere. My OCD tendencies would have me update to latest if available, but agree with everyone else there's a few lagging issues that need to be fixed prior to moving a new Android version.

do you know if we can preload Netflix for Android TV (for Android 5.0+) in this new firmware ?

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc/netflix-for-android-tv/netflix-for-android-tv-1-0-3-build-133-android-apk-download/

Actually I figured out after that this current Netflix TV APK is meant for Android 5.1 or higher.

I tried it on a device of mine that has 5.1, it did install but when I open it I get the message "Your device is not compatible" which means they use device verification.

Right now for S802/S812/S805 AmLogic chipsets, they are focusing mainly on 5.1 for there new S905/S912 Chipsets.

They will then have an updated version of 5.1 for S802/S812/S805 with the proper Kernel, and I believe this will be there last SDK they will be releasing for these chipsets. But I have been told this wont come out till after development is finished on S905/S912

There is a 5.1 SDK available from AMLogic currently for S802/S812/S805, but it is just a beta version basically, since it is still using the same Kernel Version as 4.4.2. Which is 3.10.XX

I have a few S905 Boxes right now, and it is using Android 5.1 with the latest Android Kernel of 3.14.XX

Realistically, there is no point of moving to 5.1 if all of the updates/bug fixes etc are being done to the Kernel Version 3.14.xx.

For now we are sticking to 4.4.2 for S802/S805 Devices and Android 5.0.2 For S812 which is being used on the 1900AC

If you wish to use 5.0.2, you can on S802 Devices such as the 582/380/1800 just by installing the 1900AC FW.

I know I have mentioned Lollipop update for awhile now, but this is only way I can offer it to everyone now.

Yes the atv reports as a tablet, but the app is for android TV.

Can we make the atv show as a TV?

This can be done, but would basically require hacking a Nexus Player or Nvidia Shield TV.

To use the official Android TV OS, you have to be a certified device from Google.

And they have only certified certain chipsets as well, such as Intel, Tegra, Broadcom and Qualcom so far, I might be missing a few.

They have not certified AMlogic

There are many things I like about Android TV OS, which is mainly all of the apps being made for TV's. But It has a lot of restrictions for Manufacturers, which is you must follow there instructions on what apps can be pre-loaded, cannot be rooted, among many other things.

So there are pros and cons to using TV OS from Android.

Yes the atv reports as a tablet, but the app is for android TV.

Can we make the atv show as a TV?

there´s an app called market helper, i believe this app does spoofing, but still you cant install the apps because they wont run on a different chip..

do you know if we can preload Netflix for Android TV (for Android 5.0+) in this new firmware ?

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc/netflix-for-android-tv/netflix-for-android-tv-1-0-3-build-133-android-apk-download/

Actually I figured out after that this current Netflix TV APK is meant for Android 5.1 or higher.

I tried it on a device of mine that has 5.1, it did install but when I open it I get the message "Your device is not compatible" which means they use device verification.

ok will try it using market helper to check if i can spoof it, also still cant open several apps :/ (file explorer / play store)

edit: forgot you mentioned its for 5.1+ bummer

flashed 1900 AC firmware ...... the box crawls, still couln´t access play store, i would not recommend this update, stick with 4.4 kitkat

flashed again march 31st fw, now the box has 2 issues...

1) can´t access playstore or mygica store says there is no network

2) 24hz display automatic switch does not work (even with the init.d fix) when switching to 24 hz it goes blank, probably an update after this fw was the one that worked but i couldnt find it ...

:/

flashed 1900 AC firmware ...... the box crawls, still couln´t access play store, i would not recommend this update, stick with 4.4 kitkat

flashed again march 31st fw, now the box has 2 issues...

1) can´t access playstore or mygica store says there is no network

2) 24hz display automatic switch does not work (even with the init.d fix) when switching to 24 hz it goes blank, probably an update after this fw was the one that worked but i couldnt find it ...

:/

Yeah, that's an issue with the March firmware - I would either (1) go to the July update and see if that fixes it or if you want to stay on March (2) reflash the Nov '14 firmware, set up your box and then upgrade (not reset) to March - that should work as that is what I had to do in the past.

updated to the latest 9/11 and nothing.... nada

cant remove google account from device, cant sync, cant access play store...

updated latest play store apk, google play services, still doesnt work...

updated latest play store apk, google play services, still doesnt work...

Are you able to try Factory Resetting the box?

updated latest play store apk, google play services, still doesn't work...

Did you set up first on the November firmware, and then updated without factory updates to March, July, Sept? That's what I had to do to make it work. I never tried a factory reset on the Sept FW as I didn't want to reset up.

When i click on your link i got message that i am not autorized to access, also i see that many threads have lock on icon.

Can you please advise?

Not sure where to post for the latest Beta (5.0.2). I have a ATV 582.

Something messed up when I tried installing the first time then installed from recovery which wiped everything unfortunately, but anyway.

So far so good, all apps I have tried have been going good. I've never really had issues, Netflix has always worked good, still does. Other streaming apps work perfectly.

I know it said the remote will stop working but is there a way to make it go again?

How do I enable Ethernet? I finally got under my house the other week to put an ethernet cable in so wired is preferred lol.

Is there anything in particular that needs testing or anyone would like me to test? (specific to my box).

Not sure where to post for the latest Beta (5.0.2). I have a ATV 582.

Something messed up when I tried installing the first time then installed from recovery which wiped everything unfortunately, but anyway.

So far so good, all apps I have tried have been going good. I've never really had issues, Netflix has always worked good, still does. Other streaming apps work perfectly.

I know it said the remote will stop working but is there a way to make it go again?

How do I enable Ethernet? I finally got under my house the other week to put an ethernet cable in so wired is preferred lol.

Is there anything in particular that needs testing or anyone would like me to test? (specific to my box).

The remote will not work for IR remotes because this update is using a different IR Code

And Ethernet does not work either, but will when we move to 5.1 instead.

Will 5.1 be rooted?

That beta fw was really messed up (but you did warn us :) )

Interestingly when I completely wiped the unit with the factory reset files, and then upgraded to the latest, my unit is running amazingly (I don't want to mess with it now lol)