Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/380 MARCH 31ST FIRMWARE FEEDBACK THREAD

I had problems installing it, just like BETA fw. Then I changed my SD card, same thing. Then took SD from camera 32 GB class 10, it worked like charm.

My SD cards are all good, but I don't now the class of them. So If someone else has that problem get a better SD card.

New FW seems great for now, testing it right now. If I find something I'll report :)

edit:

One thing that I find is: on the remote control "i" button does nothing in KODI?

update with SD card through the upgrade app went smooth as silk

I like the new icons and colours as well

It took 4 attempts to get into the xbmc icon but figure that was it just still updating no issues now play back speed seems good

I do have one question what version of mag tv are we using as the most up to date version free is 5.27 and would like to know if I could do this on my own as this version of mag tv still seems to have the old bugs as the previous one if it is new at all

Thanks Mygica team for the update

thanks Justin and fellow testers getting us to a official stable release

much appreciated

Hi - I just picked up a ATV380. It had the Nov firmware on it. I successfully upgraded with this new firmware but am still seeing XBMC 13.2 and not kodi 14.1? Did I do something wrong? I thought this new firmware had kodi 14.1?

I am showing build V002M801_20150321

Thanks in advance

CChucKK

Edited by Guest

Nice release, Justin.

Lost no user data updating from the Feb Beta. (Some manually installed apps were removed, so it still makes sense to back up, as always.)

I'm using stock Kodi 14.2 (I'd previously uninstalled the Mygica version of XBMC/Kodi and am using the version straight from the Kodi official website.)

Videophiles will be very happy to know that when set to 24hz in the settings screen, video playback of 24p content is now (for the first time) absolutely smooth! I notice that on starting a video in this case, the box is actually adjusting the rate from 24hz to 23.xx to match the video being played. It's awesome.

Otherwise, apps launch quicker, the delay on the home screen icons loading is much smaller, and performance in general is excellent.

My only gripe is that the new File Manager isn't very remote friendly, despite looking much better than the previous version. But this is a very minor issue.

Kudos on a solid update, team.

My Upgrade Experience (from 11-05 base software):

• 1) Extracted image to 2 GB SD card
    2) Went to Upgrade application within MyGICA applications
    3) Local Upgrade, selected image, followed prompts
    4) Android Robot got about 2/3's of the way through update and then froze.. waited a while and then nothing.
    5) Removed power and re-inserted.
    6) Box auto-started and completed the upgrade process

I can see that the box has been updated, seems more responsive, all my settings appear to be restored (Play Store works) . Build number is 0321, and kernel and uboot have been updated. But XBMC is still there as 13.2 mygica edition. I know I can probably download kodi, but I thought this version was going to auto-update to to Kodi, specifically the mygica version.

So in summary.

Issues:

• 1) Upgrade doesn't always go through and has to be re-tried.
    2) XBMC is still there, not Kodi

Good:

• 1) 2GB card worked just fine for me. Kruu - Wondering if you need to make sure card is completely blank and trash emptied (view hidden files)
    2) Settings restored
    3) Dlangejc - Google Playstore worked just fine.
    4) System seems faster and more responsive
    5) I briefly tried Netflix and Plex and they worked just fine.

Will continue to test over the weekend and report.

USB controllers no longer work.. Probably have to stick with the beta because of that.. Sucks as it's not very stable.

Which USB controllers are you referring to?

Because I use a USB Controller on mine

update with SD card through the upgrade app went smooth as silk

I like the new icons and colours as well

It took 4 attempts to get into the xbmc icon but figure that was it just still updating no issues now play back speed seems good

I do have one question what version of mag tv are we using as the most up to date version free is 5.27 and would like to know if I could do this on my own as this version of mag tv still seems to have the old bugs as the previous one if it is new at all

Thanks Mygica team for the update

thanks Justin and fellow testers getting us to a official stable release

much appreciated

This version of Mag TV

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... bemu&hl=en

Hi - I just picked up a ATV380. It had the Nov firmware on it. I successfully upgraded with this new firmware but am still seeing XBMC 13.2 and not kodi 14.1? Did I do something wrong? I thought this new firmware had kodi 14.1?

Thanks in advance

CChucKK

Look under applications

KODI Should be in there

If not a Factory reset will re install KODI.

Just make sure to backup your add ons before

Nice release, Justin.

Lost no user data updating from the Feb Beta. (Some manually installed apps were removed, so it still makes sense to back up, as always.)

I'm using stock Kodi 14.2 (I'd previously uninstalled the Mygica version of XBMC/Kodi and am using the version straight from the Kodi official website.)

Videophiles will be very happy to know that when set to 24hz in the settings screen, video playback of 24p content is now (for the first time) absolutely smooth! I notice that on starting a video in this case, the box is actually adjusting the rate from 24hz to 23.xx to match the video being played. It's awesome.

Otherwise, apps launch quicker, the delay on the home screen icons loading is much smaller, and performance in general is excellent.

My only gripe is that the new File Manager isn't very remote friendly, despite looking much better than the previous version. But this is a very minor issue.

Kudos on a solid update, team.

They update the version of File Manager with the latest one from the Play Store. I like it better because I use a mouse remote. But I do see why it is annoying for those that use the IR Remote.

Ill see if I can post up the old version as an APK file, but keep in mind if you take the update from the Play Store, it will update to the new version again

For those of you having Play Store issues. I have found this coming from the BETA Firmware.

What I did in my testing was flash back the 11-05 Firmware, then go with the new 03/31 Firmware and do a factory reset. The Play Store then worked for me

Thanks in advance

CChucKK

Look under applications

KODI Should be in there

Hi, similar problem for me... I don't find it under applications nor can I find in mygica store... rather than doing a factory reset and loosing all my data, which was preserved when I loaded this new image, couldn't we get your mygica version of kodi through the mygica store ?

Also if I have to do the factory reset, is that a factory reset through done through android or bottom button push (maybe a small reminder tutorial on that would help).

Thanks !

John

Thanks in advance

CChucKK

Look under applications

KODI Should be in there

Hi, similar problem for me... I don't find it under applications nor can I find in mygica store... rather than doing a factory reset and loosing all my data, which was preserved when I loaded this new image, couldn't we get your mygica version of kodi through the mygica store ?

Also if I have to do the factory reset, is that a factory reset through done through android or bottom button push (maybe a small reminder tutorial on that would help).

Thanks !

John

Sounds like those 2 new apps did not install on the upgrade for you. They will re install if you do a factory reset. Which can be done by going into "Other Settings" done through Android.

If you installed apps from the Play Store, you can simply re install them by logging into your Play Store account again after the factory reset.

For those of you having Play Store issues. I have found this coming from the BETA Firmware.

What I did in my testing was flash back the 11-05 Firmware, then go with the new 03/31 Firmware and do a factory reset. The Play Store then worked for me

I did the same thing this morning and my Playstore now works :D

Can anyone post a quick review of this new firmware? Any major changes you've noticed? Do people with the 2015 version have working bluetooth? Can anyone confirm if both USB ports work now? This would be much appreciated!

Sounds like those 2 new apps did not install on the upgrade for you. They will re install if you do a factory reset. Which can be done by going into "Other Settings" done through Android.

If you installed apps from the Play Store, you can simply re install them by logging into your Play Store account again after the factory reset.

Hi, the factory reset through Other settings worked, but I need to restore all my settings... not a big deal, but a bit of a pain.

Wondering why tough the upgrade didn't work as advertised ? (e.g no factory reset required).

John

Thank you Justin,I think doing a factory reset and reinstalling everything fresh gets rid of any of the problems IMO.

Thanks for all your dedication,and long hours.This is a huge improvement and makes these boxes in my opinon the best on the market to date.

Thanks Stargeaser

Upgrade went smooth wiped clean before applying new firmware everything looked good xbmc to Kodi no problems until I tried to get into the Play Store can get the apps up and menus but cant download from the store get a server error from Google real crazy thing is the play app is not showing installed anywhere so I cant clear or change it in anyway any ideas I have everything setup would hate to have to wipe again just a note the Mygica Store works fine.

USB controllers no longer work.. Probably have to stick with the beta because of that.. Sucks as it's not very stable.

Which USB controllers are you referring to?

Because I use a USB Controller on mine

Hi Justin,

I've been using a wired USB XBOX 360 Controller with the Feb 2015 BETA since it came out with no issues, but after upgrading to the Mar 31st F/W, my controller is no longer recognized. It's powered, but the ring of 4 lights flash all at the same time now (on/off/on/off/... continuously) whereas before they would flash though a specific pattern/cycle while it was recognized.

Erik

Hi. I have unable to apply the upgrade via the Upgrade or recovery modes.

Neither the SD or USB devices are available

I have factory reset the device and tried again, but no go?

Any suggestions?

"Bring back the Nexxus Launcher"

I just installed Nova Launcher - Waow - Great Alternative

As for the rest - Upgrade went well and so far everything works fine.

I already had Kodi 14.2 installed and the upgrade left it as is.

Thanks.