Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/380 MARCH 31ST FIRMWARE FEEDBACK THREAD

I have some problems with stuttering videos. All MKV files goes well but AVI files stutters (old or new FW, all same) When I convert AVI to MKV everything is ok with video.

Also when I watch IPTV a have to disable H/W acceleration on some channels, but also sometimes all work fine - link newer changed of channel.

Justin was more active before this update and now no answer from him or other tech guys :(

where is the recovery option

If the device still can boot, use the reboot program and just chose the option to boot in Recovery.

If your device doesn't boot, here are the steps:

1. Prepare a micro sd card formatrd with FAT32

2. Extract the .IMG firmware file and then change the extension from .IMG to .ZIP (not sure what OS you have but make sure it's done properly)

3. Copy the renamed file in the root of your memory card then insert the card in the device.

4. For the 582: connect the power cable of the device while inserting a pin/paperclip in the tiny hole from the bottom of your device. Once you insert the paperclip you should feel a switch clicking when pressed. For the 380: connect the power cable of the device with the power button pressed.

5. After connecting the power cable wait ~10 seconds then take out the paper clip for 582 / release the power button for the 380.

6. If the procedure was done properly you should be in recovery and you should see a menu with some numbered options.

7. The best now is to have a USB mouse connected to the device. Use the scroll wheel to go up and down in the menus then the left click to activate the highlighted option.

8. Wipe the data (make sure you select the option (YES, wipe DATA)

9. Wipe the cache (wiping the cache might not be necessary but I always do it anyway).

10. Once the cache is wiped, chose the option to update/flash. In the following menu do not chose from EXT but the other option (from USB).

11. You should be able to see the files you have on your microsd. Go and select the .zip file you renamed in step 2.

12. If all went well, you should see the device verifying the integrity of the zip file then you should see the little android and a progress bar at the bottom.

13. The whole flashing process might take 5-10 minutes so be patient. At the end, your device will reboot automatically.

14. The 1st boot will be slow so be patient again.

That's pretty much it. Try this before returning your MyGica, it should work.

If there is one thing I would advise anybody using any Android device like MyGica: as much as possible, try to never unplug the power of your device!!! The file system on its various partitions might get corrupted and your device might not boot anymore and in this case you ca try wiping the cache and try booting again but if this option doesn't work, wiping data or replafhing might be the only option.

If you see your device frozen in no matter what program, try pressing the HOME button first and see if you are able to get out of the frozen app. Use the app to reboot as the Android OS will take care of closing all apps properly. Something else you can try is to keep the MENU button pressed until you see a circle with a rocket taking off and then your background apps/services will be cleared, releasing their used memory.

I hope my explanations make sense, if there is something that's not clear just let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

Cheers!

Well, I followed these instructions step-by-step and could not get it to work. There was no option in the recovery mode that said, "update/flash," so I used the EXT option with no success. I repeated the process again and it WORKED. Now, I can access the "Google Play Store," everything is much faster including buffering, and the overall function of my 582 MyGica box has improved significantly. I am surprised the Kodi 14.1 is working so well. I actually tried to upgrade to 14.2 and it wouldn't take. Overall I'm very pleased and appreciate all the help in this forum.

We might have to come out with a new firmware which factory resets everything. Since there has been to many issues with the Play Store, and certain apps not installing properly after taking the 03-21 Firmware. Also the fact its not installing properly for certain people.

We do not experience these issues on the 03-27 Firmware for the ATV 585, and this firmware factory resets everything.

As for the HDMI Blacking out issue, this is still being worked on

I also now have a fix for the NO WIFI issue on the ATV 1800E 2015 Editions. I will post it soon in the downloads section

I have a new ATV380, so box had no custom setup. After upgrade I noticed Anderoid version shows 4.2 instead of 4.4. Not sure this is related to upgrade or just a display error, but how can I verify proper Android ver?

I'm doing this from memory so I might not be exactly right but...

Settings, More Settings, About Device... Then check the Info there. It should have numbers that end in "0321" (Mar 21st) and be android 4.4.2

If you don't have kodi and you still have android 4.2 then you haven't upgraded...

J

I have some problems with stuttering videos. All MKV files goes well but AVI files stutters (old or new FW, all same) When I convert AVI to MKV everything is ok with video.

Also when I watch IPTV a have to disable H/W acceleration on some channels, but also sometimes all work fine - link newer changed of channel.

Justin was more active before this update and now no answer from him or other tech guys :(

I also have the stuttering with Divx files. Stuttering is gone when H/W acceleration is disabled. H.264 files plays perfectly.

Installation for me went smoothly. My only concern so far is that a 3.3GB HEVC encoded file plays horrendously. It stutters and freezes. I tested the MKV file on my PC and my Galaxy S5 ... buttery smooth playback the way it should be. The 582 has some serious hardware...but the Kodi 4.1 plays files terribly.

The 582 does not do HEVC / H.265 hardware decoding.

I also have the stuttering with Divx files. Stuttering is gone when H/W acceleration is disabled. H.264 files plays perfectly.

What player do you use? I tried KODI and MX player. And it is also like you, H/W off and all works.

Does anyone know some other media solution like KODI but where I can use external player (MX Player)?

I have tried Kodi, MX player, 4k player and VLC. The divx files stutter with all of them. Seems like the culprit is the amcodec. And it looks like brands other than Mygica, are also affected by this Amlogic bug. I stopped watching divx files on my Mygica. Either use my PC or bluray player.

For everyone having issues with there screens going blank when changing HDMI inputs and going back to your MyGica and also when you first turn on the TV

I have been trying to reproduce this issue here on 5 different brands of TV's but I cannot do it.

I have tried all types of resolution settings also.

Could you please post the brand name and model of your TV, so I can try it on my end.

I was able to reproduce the Play Store issue myself coming from 11-05 firmware and also Beta Firmware, so that is being worked on by engineers.

Hi Justin, having this issue, I have a Sansung Smart TV with an ATV380

I have tried Kodi, MX player, 4k player and VLC. The divx files stutter with all of them. Seems like the culprit is the amcodec. And it looks like brands other than Mygica, are also affected by this Amlogic bug. I stopped watching divx files on my Mygica. Either use my PC or bluray player.

I think that this is very big problem. Because divx is not yet "dead" and I have more than 300GB divx video materials. So I must transcode everything to MKV? :(

I dont know, but before ATV582 I had WDTV Live 1gen with no problems at all, playing all kind of formats without stuttering.

:|

I had the exact same experience as "wallerjs".

Upgrade failed 2/3's of the way through (the Android robot froze), so unplugged (after 15-20mins of waiting), powered on again, and then the upgrade completed (except it did not upgrade XBMC... still running v13.2). How do we upgrade this now??

My ATV 582 seems a lot "snappier" now... happy about that.

Was surprised to see we are still on Android Kitkat v4.4.2... thought we would have been upgraded to v4.4.4.

Tks for the new load!

Hi, what Justin suggested for me was to do the factory reset under other settings.. this did work, but wiped out my xbmc data ( which I backed up and then restored) and then I had to re-establish my playstore, netflix, etc credentials.

Hi,

I did the factory reset and it seemed to complete the update. I now see "Kodi" instead of "XBMC". However, my gica box now has NO N/W CONNECTIVITY!!! It has been down since early April, as we've just been using our very reliable WD Live box for streaming video. Any suggestions on how to fix this??? Another factory reset (and flip a coin)?? The box can see my WiFi networks (i have two) and i can connect and authenticate to the 2 networks, however, there is no internet connectivity. And i know i'm well within range, because my WD Live box is connecting and streaming with no issues at all. Not impressed at all... pls advise. (i'm really considering returning this box to the store... i understand the benefits and how powerful it "can" be... but right now it's an expensive paperweight).

BTW, when i first purchased the ATV 582, i had to return 3 of them to the store before i found one that would work. The problem with the "faulty" ones was that the seemed to overheat, and then i'd lose n/w connectivity. 2 of the them would never connect at all (the same problem i'm experiencing now)... is there a "known" h/w issue with these boxes overheating?? They are a VERY compact box, so it's not surprising that they may be prone to overheating. And i don't have it sitting on or beside anything generating heat, so it's all self-generated heat!!

Pls help me revive my ATV582, before i return it to the store...

Tks,

Todd

For everyone having issues with there screens going blank when changing HDMI inputs and going back to your MyGica and also when you first turn on the TV

I have been trying to reproduce this issue here on 5 different brands of TV's but I cannot do it.

I have tried all types of resolution settings also.

Could you please post the brand name and model of your TV, so I can try it on my end.

I was able to reproduce the Play Store issue myself coming from 11-05 firmware and also Beta Firmware, so that is being worked on by engineers.

Hi Justin, having this issue, I have a Sansung Smart TV with an ATV380

Hi Justin

I also have this issue although it is a bit irregular.

I am directly linked to the TV via HDMI. Samsung Series 5.

Settings on auto detect initially and then moved it manually to 1080P-60Hz (automatic also picked up 1080P-60Hz.

For a recreate attempt, try to set the TV to turn off while streaming video from XBMC (not the sleep function). Once it turns itself off, turn it back on. Most of the time the box remains on, but there is no signal detected by the TV (or at least it says the signal is not supported).

Hope this helps.

Hello Justin,

I need - please, please - your help. I have myself a Mygica ATV582 and a ATV400, and - because I'm so happy about that stunning devices - I recommended the quad core ATV582 to all my friends. Recently have been updated several Apps to meet Lollipop and there started all my problems.

However, I upgraded the boxes with the new firmware, making sure, every box had the firmware after May 2014, and the upgrade went smooth without any issues. But......, Google Play Store is not working anymore - on not one of the devices. I tried hard - all night long - to follow each and every recommendation on the Internet, such as "factory reset", account cancellation, re-enter, cache clearence, data clearence, check of Download Manager, check of every google App, but everything with no success.

Do you have any idea, what I can do make this Play Store running again.

Thank you and kind regards

Martina

USB controllers no longer work.. Probably have to stick with the beta because of that.. Sucks as it's not very stable.
Hi, i need a tool software for recover m­­ygica atv for a bad upgrade to 4.2.2 ve­­rsion, i cant recover it making a boo­t­ sd card with the tool of geniatech .

I need a tool software for recover th­e ­boot of Mygica atv 1200 from the compu­t­er with instructions in english, thanks­­...

Hello Justin,

I need - please, please - your help. I have myself a Mygica ATV582 and a ATV400, and - because I'm so happy about that stunning devices - I recommended the quad core ATV582 to all my friends. Recently have been updated several Apps to meet Lollipop and there started all my problems.

However, I upgraded the boxes with the new firmware, making sure, every box had the firmware after May 2014, and the upgrade went smooth without any issues. But......, Google Play Store is not working anymore - on not one of the devices. I tried hard - all night long - to follow each and every recommendation on the Internet, such as "factory reset", account cancellation, re-enter, cache clearence, data clearence, check of Download Manager, check of every google App, but everything with no success.

Do you have any idea, what I can do make this Play Store running again.

Thank you and kind regards

Martina

I had this issue as well, and posted a work around a few pages back. Essentially load the 11/-5 firmware which does a factory reset - and then do NOT factory reset and load the March firmware. You'll have to manually remove the old mygica store (you'll have 2 versions) and XBMC as its still hanging around when you do it this way.

Hi, i need a tool software for recover m­­ygica atv for a bad upgrade to 4.4.2 ve­­rsion, i cant recover it making a boo­t­ sd card with the tool of geniatech .

I need a tool software for recover th­e ­boot of Mygica atv 1200 from the compu­t­er with instructions in english, thanks­­...

Hi, i need a tool software for recover m­­ygica atv for a bad upgrade to 4.4.2 ve­­rsion, i cant recover it making a boo­t­ sd card with the tool of geniatech .

Hello Justin I was wondering when a fix will be coming to address blank screen issue after unit & tv were off for an extended period of time 1 day I've noticed. I have to remove power then on the atv380 in order to restore hdmi signal to the TV.

Hi I did the latest update and it worked ok.

1) i had to factory reset after for all the changes to take place

2) in kodi my wireless combination keyboard works for navigation but not typing in the search menu

is there a fix for this keyboard issue?

thanks