Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/380 MARCH 31ST FIRMWARE FEEDBACK THREAD

My update went smoothly but I am having a few problems:

1) I watch movies from my ultraviolet account via the flixster and the cinemanow app. It is the main reason I bought the ATV. Both worked before the update. Now, neither work. They both start to play the movie, but I now get sound but no video. I have picture using the app up to the point the movie starts and then the screen for both apps goes black and I get sound only.

If this can't be fixed soon, I will have to return the box.

2) I use a touchpad with the ATV. It works fine most of the time, but if the device starts multitasking (such as it is doing heavy access to a USB drive) the cursor freezes and then jumps, then freezes and pretty much becomes unusable. The mouse response needs to be given _much_ higher priority.

3) I find the 582 multitasks very poorly compared to the 1200. If an app gets busy, the system just crawls even when I switch to another app. The 1200 never did this.

getting frustrated with this box would like to update the firmware cause of issues so I downloaded the 371 mb update copy and pasted it on usb and microsd card I go to local update and it doesn't see it

Make sure you extract the .img file from the archive.

I remember Justin was mentioning wiping the cache could be a possible solution for OTA problems.

You can also flash the update from the recovery as a last resort but you would have to do a few extra steps.

1) I watch movies from my ultraviolet account via the flixster and the cinemanow app. It is the main reason I bought the ATV. Both worked before the update. Now, neither work. They both start to play the movie, but I now get sound but no video. I have picture using the app up to the point the movie starts and then the screen for both apps goes black and I get sound only.

If this can't be fixed soon, I will have to return the box.

2) I use a touchpad with the ATV. It works fine most of the time, but if the device starts multitasking (such as it is doing heavy access to a USB drive) the cursor freezes and then jumps, then freezes and pretty much becomes unusable. The mouse response needs to be given _much_ higher priority.

3) I find the 582 multitasks very poorly compared to the 1200. If an app gets busy, the system just crawls even when I switch to another app. The 1200 never did this.

1) Go back to 1105 firmware for the time being until the next firmware comes out and probably your issue gets sorted.

2) I have the same problem, would love to see a fix (btw: I'm using a Logitech KR400 wireless keyboard with touchpad).

3) I remember the firmware for the 582 and 1800 were interchangeable BUT there were some setting files that had to be changed, to compensate for the memory difference. The 582 with the memory settings for 1800 would crawl and even crash (low memory killer, number of background apps, etc.). I wonder if this parameters were not missed in the latest 582 firmware. I have also a Minix X8 and I must say it's flying compared to the 380/582 and the only difference is the quantity of memory that is double.

Now you are mentioning 1200 which is in fact a dual core player so normally it shouldn't be faster but if there is something that I noticed in the last 2-3 firmware releases, the quantity of Google junk files is waaaaay higher than before (probably the GMS effect:) ?).

I bet if you disable/delete all unneeded Google apps and background services your 582 would fly.

For everyone having issues with there screens going blank when changing HDMI inputs and going back to your MyGica and also when you first turn on the TV

I have been trying to reproduce this issue here on 5 different brands of TV's but I cannot do it.

I have tried all types of resolution settings also.

Could you please post the brand name and model of your TV, so I can try it on my end.

I was able to reproduce the Play Store issue myself coming from 11-05 firmware and also Beta Firmware, so that is being worked on by engineers.

What about the issue with the screen going black temporarily when you fast forward or rewind in XBMC/Kodi?

I have the problem occasionally, when I turn on the TV and the MyGica 582 and the screen is blank. If I switch input to something else and then back to the Mygica it comes back. It is not consistent. All connetions are HDMI. Receiver is a Denon AVR-1713. TV is Sharp Aquos LC-80LE632U.

BTW, this problem is not new with this firmware. It has been there in the previous one as well.

I also have the problem with the screen going blank when starting a video or fast forwarding or rewinding when hardware acceleration is on in KODI.

I saw somebody in the 1800 feedback thread was suggesting the switch the TV to the MyGica input before powering on / bringing the MyGica on from standby. Let the TV 'wait' for the signal then switch the MyGica on. It worked for me a few times.

It may be a pointer for finding the cause of this bug.

BTW: Is Justin gone, on vacation maybe? Didn't see him around for almost a week :)

>3) I remember the firmware for the 582 and 1800 were interchangeable BUT there were some setting files that had to be changed, to compensate for the memory difference. The 582 with the memory settings for 1800 would crawl and even crash (low memory killer, number of background apps, etc.). I wonder if this parameters were not missed in the latest 582 firmware. I have also a Minix X8 and I must say it's flying compared to the 380/582 and the only difference is the quantity of memory that is double.

Now you are mentioning 1200 which is in fact a dual core player so normally it shouldn't be faster but if there is something that I noticed in the last 2-3 firmware releases, the quantity of Google junk files is waaaaay higher than before (probably the GMS effect:) ?).

I bet if you disable/delete all unneeded Google apps and background services your 582 would fly.

When the 582 is working, it is quick. What I find is that after a bit it starts to get slow. The app starts responding slowly. Then not at all and I start getting the dialog "app not responding. wait or close?" and I have to power cycle to get things working again. Seems either a memory issue, multitasking issue, or some process just starts hogging the cpu cycles and forces everything else to wait. The 1200 seems much snappier because it did not display this behavior.

where is the recovery option

If the device still can boot, use the reboot program and just chose the option to boot in Recovery.

If your device doesn't boot, here are the steps:

1. Prepare a micro sd card formatrd with FAT32

2. Extract the .IMG firmware file and then change the extension from .IMG to .ZIP (not sure what OS you have but make sure it's done properly)

3. Copy the renamed file in the root of your memory card then insert the card in the device.

4. For the 582: connect the power cable of the device while inserting a pin/paperclip in the tiny hole from the bottom of your device. Once you insert the paperclip you should feel a switch clicking when pressed. For the 380: connect the power cable of the device with the power button pressed.

5. After connecting the power cable wait ~10 seconds then take out the paper clip for 582 / release the power button for the 380.

6. If the procedure was done properly you should be in recovery and you should see a menu with some numbered options.

7. The best now is to have a USB mouse connected to the device. Use the scroll wheel to go up and down in the menus then the left click to activate the highlighted option.

8. Wipe the data (make sure you select the option (YES, wipe DATA)

9. Wipe the cache (wiping the cache might not be necessary but I always do it anyway).

10. Once the cache is wiped, chose the option to update/flash. In the following menu do not chose from EXT but the other option (from USB).

11. You should be able to see the files you have on your microsd. Go and select the .zip file you renamed in step 2.

12. If all went well, you should see the device verifying the integrity of the zip file then you should see the little android and a progress bar at the bottom.

13. The whole flashing process might take 5-10 minutes so be patient. At the end, your device will reboot automatically.

14. The 1st boot will be slow so be patient again.

That's pretty much it. Try this before returning your MyGica, it should work.

If there is one thing I would advise anybody using any Android device like MyGica: as much as possible, try to never unplug the power of your device!!! The file system on its various partitions might get corrupted and your device might not boot anymore and in this case you ca try wiping the cache and try booting again but if this option doesn't work, wiping data or replafhing might be the only option.

If you see your device frozen in no matter what program, try pressing the HOME button first and see if you are able to get out of the frozen app. Use the app to reboot as the Android OS will take care of closing all apps properly. Something else you can try is to keep the MENU button pressed until you see a circle with a rocket taking off and then your background apps/services will be cleared, releasing their used memory.

I hope my explanations make sense, if there is something that's not clear just let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

Cheers!

unit still boots so I downloaded the file put it on a micro sd and usb put both in than I go ton recovery and it reboots but freezes

1st have only the micro sd connected and no other USB drives.

Try the second method to get in recovery, wipe data and cache then restart the device.

If still not working, try to reflash using my previous instructions.

you have to make sure your sd card is in formatted to fat 32 if not u wonrt be able to see the firmware file..

google how to format sd drive to fat 32 as windows cant do it u need a special program..

getting frustrated with this box would like to update the firmware cause of issues so I downloaded the 371 mb update copy and pasted it on usb and microsd card I go to local update and it doesn't see it

Local update? I thought it was from external. I'm not going to go into update to find out though, since my 380 works great.

The only file that should be on your SD card is the *.IMG file. In the March 31st (ie latest) FW file, it is 'update_MyGica_1800-582-380_4.4_20150321.img'

I can go in recovery only if my sd card is not in its something stupid cant seem to get it does anybody have a pic of the file that should be on the sd card just to make sure

Maybe there is something wrong with the micro sd card. Do you have another you can test with?

Try getting in recovery without the micro sd in, then insert it and try upgrading the firmware.

special thanks to tarabostes and everyone for all your help I was pretty frustrated came home tonight used a different sd card and I don't know if I did anything different but was able to do both updates. your help is very appreciated

special thanks to tarabostes and everyone for all your help I was pretty frustrated came home tonight used a different sd card and I don't know if I did anything different but was able to do both updates. your help is very appreciated

Great news, enjoy your MyGica!

For everyone having issues with there screens going blank when changing HDMI inputs and going back to your MyGica and also when you first turn on the TV

I have been trying to reproduce this issue here on 5 different brands of TV's but I cannot do it.

I have tried all types of resolution settings also.

Could you please post the brand name and model of your TV, so I can try it on my end.

I have the problem occasionally, when I turn on the TV and the MyGica 582 and the screen is blank. If I switch input to something else and then back to the Mygica it comes back. It is not consistent. All connetions are HDMI. Receiver is a Denon AVR-1713. TV is Sharp Aquos LC-80LE632U.

BTW, this problem is not new with this firmware. It has been there in the previous one as well.

I also have the problem with the screen going blank when starting a video or fast forwarding or rewinding when hardware acceleration is on in KODI.

I posted information on another thread. There seams to be a glitch in MyGica Display/HDMI synch setup. Go in HDMI menu of your MyGica and instead of using AUTO detection or 60hz, put it manually to 24Hz..., Worked for me. No more screen going blank.

Installation for me went smoothly. My only concern so far is that a 3.3GB HEVC encoded file plays horrendously. It stutters and freezes. I tested the MKV file on my PC and my Galaxy S5 ... buttery smooth playback the way it should be. The 582 has some serious hardware...but the Kodi 4.1 plays files terribly.

Kodi 14.1 is working good for me including faster connection times and less buffering using the MyGica 582. I've tried the suggestion of going back to the 11-05 FW and then re-installing the 3-21 FW to get connection with the Google Play Store. Still, no success. I'm unable to re-install saved apps because of this. When can we expect an upgrade of firmware with Kodi 14.2. Thanks.