Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/380 MARCH 31ST FIRMWARE FEEDBACK THREAD

:/

no response

everyone sleeping ?? = ZzZzZzZZ

couldn't manage to upgrade to the latest fw from 11/05 ... factory reset / then recovery but it has a "no mount"error

Try using a USB key. Boot the device into the recovery mode, THEN plug in the USB key, wait 10 sec, then try the update. I've never used SD cards, only USB keys, and have never had a problem.. post back your results!

@saddie thnx for the info, it worked, now google play doesnt work :/

i sideloaded several apps but one specifically is not working, IPTV is not working, cant install it from play store and wont work sideloaded. :/

First when i update the firmware.. Kodi still remain 13.2.. so then I hard reset and clean all the things and run the firmware update again..

14.1 is there.. but now Google play store can't connect.. no matter i try what.. even i go to browser it recognize my Google profile.. anyway to fix?

@kicsrules and vike 2 party

Re: the google play store not working after the latest update - this is a well known issue that many users have reported, myself included. Credit to user jpmcarthy for finding the workaround, which worked for me:

I had this issue as well, and posted a work around a few pages back. Essentially load the 11/-5 firmware which does a factory reset - and then do NOT factory reset and load the March/latest firmware using the 'update' app. You may have to manually remove the old mygica store (you'll have 2 versions) and XBMC as its still hanging around when you do it this way.

We could really really use a wiki page or something where updated instructions on common issues can be posted and updated..

As usual, please post back your results here, it is appreciated and really helps other users.

@kicsrules and vike 2 party

Re: the google play store not working after the latest update - this is a well known issue that many users have reported, myself included. Credit to user jpmcarthy for finding the workaround, which worked for me:

I had this issue as well, and posted a work around a few pages back. Essentially load the 11/-5 firmware which does a factory reset - and then do NOT factory reset and load the March/latest firmware using the 'update' app. You may have to manually remove the old mygica store (you'll have 2 versions) and XBMC as its still hanging around when you do it this way.

We could really really use a wiki page or something where updated instructions on common issues can be posted and updated..

As usual, please post back your results here, it is appreciated and really helps other users.

This solution worked for me.

well, i solved the installing apps issue with installing aptoide store....

i had to upgrade/install netflix from there because it kept crashing but now the button on the remote does not launch netflix (doesnt bother me) .... i'll wait a little longer to see how the box responds to this fw ... .

thnx for the info

Hi Justin..

I updated to this firmware from 1105 and almost at 75% of the update it hung. Android stopped spinning and the update hanged.

I took cable out and put back and it started update again and finished. After that there was no Kodi installed and I did as suggested, a factory reset. That bring back Kodi but now I have lots of video related issues. When playing any video after a couple of minutes it starts stuttering and video goes extremely jerky. This happens with any video over the network or running Youtube app in Kodi. All videos are stuttering.

I try to exit out of Kodi and screen goes black. I hit home button on remote and I can go back to home and launch Kodi again but now Kodi screen is blank and it seems its not starting. At this point nothing else can be done with Kodi and I have to take power cable out. After a few minutes same thing happens in Kodi and in Youtube. Dont know about other apps as I only tried these two, mainly using for videos

Any suggestions ?

Anyone else having this or similar issue ?

Hi Justin..

I updated to this firmware from 1105 and almost at 75% of the update it hung. Android stopped spinning and the update hanged.

I took cable out and put back and it started update again and finished. After that there was no Kodi installed and I did as suggested, a factory reset. That bring back Kodi but now I have lots of video related issues. When playing any video after a couple of minutes it starts stuttering and video goes extremely jerky. This happens with any video over the network or running Youtube app in Kodi. All videos are stuttering.

I try to exit out of Kodi and screen goes black. I hit home button on remote and I can go back to home and launch Kodi again but now Kodi screen is blank and it seems its not starting. At this point nothing else can be done with Kodi and I have to take power cable out. After a few minutes same thing happens in Kodi and in Youtube. Dont know about other apps as I only tried these two, mainly using for videos

Any suggestions ?

Anyone else having this or similar issue ?

Same thing happened to me on a brand new box that came with the 1105 firmware.

It froze while updating the firmware at ~75%

I waited 2h before I unplugged the power cable and I plugged back in.

After that it started by flashing again the firmware and this time it completed the process.

Just to make sure it went fine, once it booted, I did a factory reset and it worked fine ever since.

Try doing a factory reset and see if your issues will be resolved.

Good luck!

BTW: Where is Justin?

Thanks tarabostes

I tried factory reset and it did the same thing again after a few minutes of usage. Have to take power cable out. I will do a third time factory reset. Also noticing blank screen problem that others reported, when switching HDMI connection back to it (using a HDMI receiver). Sometimes after standby I dont get the screen back and have to do hard power cycle.

These issues are really annoying. Hoping to hear back from Justin and in the meantime anyone else has suggestion please feel free to add.

We might have to come out with a new firmware which factory resets everything. Since there has been to many issues with the Play Store, and certain apps not installing properly after taking the 03-21 Firmware. Also the fact its not installing properly for certain people.

We do not experience these issues on the 03-27 Firmware for the ATV 585, and this firmware factory resets everything.

As for the HDMI Blacking out issue, this is still being worked on

It has been over a month without an updates. Might be time to change :(

I'm also having the problem where turning the TV off and walking away, the mygica won't come back when the TV is turned back on unless I power cycle the gica. TV is a sharp aquos lc42d62u

Yep, same here, after a while picture just wont come up. Also having stuttering avi videos.

I bought this box because of this forum and support was great (at that time) when I was buying it, but now I think I made mistake :(

@ Kruu and others re: the box not 'waking up' from sleep

I have had this issue off and on with the atv582. I am positive it is an issue with the power management software on the box, and the HDMI signal not being fed to my TV at the right time.

The 'solution' I have found is a bit of a workaround, but it involves two things:

1 - I turn on my TV (or switch its input to the box) and immediately/within a second or two turn on the box as well. The combination of both my TV searching for a connection and the atv582 waking up at roughly the same time seems to really help them find each other.

2 - I installed SSH droid on the box to enable me to SSH into the system. It runs a SSH server continuously in the background, and the box seems to keep the HDMI signal going. I've had way less black screen since installing this. BEWARE though, if you do install this SSH server software, be sure to change the root password for security purposes.

Another thing to try is making sure the box is plugged directly into your TV - see if you get the blank screen issue then.

And as always, post back your results here, it's appreciated.

As for this forum going dead, yes it would seem so... hopefully Justin is okay.

PS here's the link to SSHdroid https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... roid&hl=en

PPS - for anyone having specifically 'Kodi' issues (stuttering videos etc) you can try downloading the vanilla version of the Kodi apk from their servers here http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android ... bi-v7a.apk Make sure you first back up and uninstall the 'Mygica edition' that your atv has...

Hello Everyone

Sorry for being absent over the past month. I have had many other things that required my attention in relation to MyGica, and I did have some new Mods come on board to help with everything during this time and also in the future. I have been out of the office away on business all over for the last month, but will be shifting my focus back to support MyGica fully on a retail level.

However I am sorry that I have neglected an update to the Firmware that was posted by me on March 31st.

I have now made this my #1 priority right now until we can push out an OTA update to fix all of the common issues that everyone is having.

Such as Play Store, Installing Apps, moving to Kodi 14.2, Blank Screen Issues etc

I have arranged a mandatory meeting tonight with our engineers, and will get all of the patch files for each fix that I have been given compiled into a new FW Update.

Once again guys, very sorry about my absence, I will get this all fixed ASAP

Thanks

Justin

Hello Everyone

Sorry for being absent over the past month. I have had many other things that required my attention in relation to MyGica, and I did have some new Mods come on board to help with everything during this time and also in the future. I have been out of the office away on business all over for the last month, but will be shifting my focus back to support MyGica fully on a retail level.

However I am sorry that I have neglected an update to the Firmware that was posted by me on March 31st.

I have now made this my #1 priority right now until we can push out an OTA update to fix all of the common issues that everyone is having.

Such as Play Store, Installing Apps, moving to Kodi 14.2, Blank Screen Issues etc

I have arranged a mandatory meeting tonight with our engineers, and will get all of the patch files for each fix that I have been given compiled into a new FW Update.

Once again guys, very sorry about my absence, I will get this all fixed ASAP

Thanks

Justin

Thanks for the update, Justin. Good to know you're fine :)

There are some knowledgeable folks around here so I would say things have gone pretty well around here (support wise).

Of course, I am speaking about this model section that I kept an eye on.

Been testing a 812-H for more than a month and I must say I'm impressed.

I'm really looking forward to the MyGica 1900 to see how it will play along.

I've had my share of issues with the 380 and 582 but I'm pretty satisfied.

Ciao!