Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/380 MARCH 31ST FIRMWARE FEEDBACK THREAD

Will 5.1 be rooted?

That beta fw was really messed up (but you did warn us :) )

Interestingly when I completely wiped the unit with the factory reset files, and then upgraded to the latest, my unit is running amazingly (I don't want to mess with it now lol)

5.1 will come unrooted

However we will provide a simple patch file to install that will root it.

We are going the unrooted way since a lot of apps don't work on rooted devices, and 9/10 people don't even use the box for rooted purposes.

The remote will not work for IR remotes because this update is using a different IR Code

And Ethernet does not work either, but will when we move to 5.1 instead.

When you do this update will you be changing the Logitech IR Database as well? if so it will totally break my remote even if i don't update my box but make a change to my remote..

Not sure where to post for the latest Beta (5.0.2). I have a ATV 582.

Something messed up when I tried installing the first time then installed from recovery which wiped everything unfortunately, but anyway.

So far so good, all apps I have tried have been going good. I've never really had issues, Netflix has always worked good, still does. Other streaming apps work perfectly.

I know it said the remote will stop working but is there a way to make it go again?

How do I enable Ethernet? I finally got under my house the other week to put an ethernet cable in so wired is preferred lol.

Is there anything in particular that needs testing or anyone would like me to test? (specific to my box).

The remote will not work for IR remotes because this update is using a different IR Code

Thank for the reply Justin. Can't wait for 5.1, I don't mind using the media keyboard but my partner doesn't like that I've "broken" the remote function lol.

Just a note, the ethernet light blinks when the cable is in if that means anything.

Anyone know of a way to shutdown the unit? Is there a keyboard shortcut? I installed Quick Boot but doesn't work, I assume it needs a rooted device or something.

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone!

When you do this update will you be changing the Logitech IR Database as well? if so it will totally break my remote even if i don't update my box but make a change to my remote..

No we wont touch the Logitech IR database

That update was meant for the KR34 Remote code, which is used on all of Geniatechs OEM devices and also our Dual Core models from before.

Hi Justin

When will the WiFi issue be fixed? You (MyGica) have been promising for months. I have had the ATV582 for a few months now and it is still only being used as a paperweight. I find it hard to get my head around the fact that you bring out a Android box without WiFi working. I know I'm bitching, but I expect a product to work the way it was advertised to work which I paid with my hard earned cash. If you (MyGica) were upfront with a realistic date I couldh've returned the product instead of waiting for a firmware update that will make my device functional. I know you are merely representing MyGica but we, the consumer, have the right to be accurately updated about this issue. I hope this will be seen as constructive criticism and not just another complaining customer.

Your quickest response to this matter will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Raymond

Hi Justin

When will the WiFi issue be fixed? You (MyGica) have been promising for months. I have had the ATV582 for a few months now and it is still only being used as a paperweight. I find it hard to get my head around the fact that you bring out a Android box without WiFi working. I know I'm bitching, but I expect a product to work the way it was advertised to work which I paid with my hard earned cash. If you (MyGica) were upfront with a realistic date I couldh've returned the product instead of waiting for a firmware update that will make my device functional. I know you are merely representing MyGica but we, the consumer, have the right to be accurately updated about this issue. I hope this will be seen as constructive criticism and not just another complaining customer.

Your quickest response to this matter will be highly appreciated.

I've run into the same problem as you a couple times.

Usually installing the factory restore and then upgrading to the latest firmware fixes WiFi/Ethernet Networking issues.

You can find the factory restore here (5th one in the list for your 582 model): https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AJD9vZ3RxkAMZaI&id=324E6FB27C027A9B!1503&cid=324E6FB27C027A9B

Then you can find the latest firmware here: http://www.mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=3652

If this still does not fix your issues you probably have a defective unit.

You should sent the unit back to MyGica for a warranty exchange.

Thank you for the reply DroidLondon. That did help tremendously, I can actually stream something now. The speed isn't nearly what it should be, but at least I can do something with the box now. Much appreciated.

There is a burst mode feature that I will post as a patch file here for everyone to try

I should have it within a week or so.

This is hard to determine as an issue, because at our office we have 50mb download internet, all of our PCs connected via Ethernet get 49.5MBps download speed when using Speed test, and is the exact same on any 582, 1800, 1900, 586 etc that we try.

So I have no idea really how to determine what is causing this issue for some people and not others. That has what's been the tough part with all of this.

We get same results on Wifi when testing PC and our boxes.

There is a burst mode feature that I will post as a patch file here for everyone to try

This is hard to determine as an issue, because at our office we have 50mb download internet, all of our PCs connected via Ethernet get 49.5MBps download speed when using Speed test, and is the exact same on any 582, 1800, 1900, 586 etc that we try.

So I have no idea really how to determine what is causing this issue for some people and not others. That has what's been the tough part with all of this.

I will test it this week, but if that doesn't help I'll have to return the unit. Would you recommend I exchange the unit or will this still be a ongoing issue? I get 2.2Mbps and struggle to stream SD video over WiFi. I have not tested the LAN in a while and can give feedback if needed.

I will test it this week, but if that doesn't help I'll have to return the unit. Would you recommend I exchange the unit or will this still be a ongoing issue? I get 2.2Mbps and struggle to stream SD video over WiFi. I have not tested the LAN in a while and can give feedback if needed.

Your issue might be a Hardware issue then.

I would recommend getting it exchanged.

Your issue might be a Hardware issue then.

I would recommend getting it exchanged.

I have tested the wired connection and runs at full speed. Awaiting WiFi burst patch before I return the box.

Recently updated my ATV582 and it runs very slow. Netflix and Kodi take forever to load and then stop and buffer alot. I have a strong internet connection and have no other issues on other devices.

The box in general is extremely slow since the update.

We have an update out for 1800/582/380

Will be sent by OTA Next week

For those of you wanting to try it for now

we are going to online update following FW

FW:update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160323.img

https://mega.nz/#!KAlQgYCT!CW79YytuZAY9 ... zuas9p8eS4

here is update list

1. Solved HDMI black issue

2. solved kodi black issue under 480i with RCA output

3. update to kodi 16.0( you should set factroy reset to get FRESH new kodi 16.0, If you want save your current kodi setting and add ons. pls go to playstore and choose update)

4. Added Power Button and Memory Cleaner button to the Home Screen of Android Menu.

Recently updated my ATV582 and it runs very slow. Netflix and Kodi take forever to load and then stop and buffer alot. I have a strong internet connection and have no other issues on other devices.

The box in general is extremely slow since the update.

You can try the new update i posted above this post.

Hi

New to this forum. I recently purchased an atv582. Been having wifi issues where the device wont remember my network or password.

I have downloaded the latest firmware 20160323. I understand that the .Img file is the firmware that needs to be loaded to the box.

What about the other files included in the zip folder, namely:

uboot_MX.cmd

dd.exe

factory_update_param.aml

factory_update_param.ubt

recovery.img

u-boot.bin

Do these need to be installed as well. And if so, how does one go about getting this onto the atv582.

Thanks

Hi, I'm new to this forum greetings to all. A month ago bought the 582 atv Mygica. From the first day I had problems with the wi-fi. Turning off the unit and re-awakening, the wi-fi network is disconnected. I turn off and turn on the connection and reconnects. Upgrade to version MyGica_S802_4.4_20160323.img, but the problem persists. Any solution or patch for this problem? Thanks and I forgive my English but I am using Google translator and not if it is reliable.

Hi, I'm new to this forum greetings to all. A month ago bought the 582 atv Mygica. From the first day I had problems with the wi-fi. Turning off the unit and re-awakening, the wi-fi network is disconnected. I turn off and turn on the connection and reconnects. Upgrade to version MyGica_S802_4.4_20160323.img, but the problem persists. Any solution or patch for this problem? Thanks and I forgive my English but I am using Google translator and not if it is reliable.

Sorry but I just want to clarify

Your Wifi is turned off?

But keeps turning back ON, on its own?

Or it will not turn ON, when you power it back ON with the remote?

When turned on after being at rest is not connected to the network on which it was. The wifi is on but not reconnect any network. I have to disconnect the wireless network and scan again recognize my network and connected. Thank you.

When turned on after being at rest is not connected to the network on which it was. The wifi is on but not reconnect any network. I have to disconnect the wireless network and scan again recognize my network and connected. Thank you.

Are you able to try doing a factory reset on your box.

Then try Wifi again

And let me know if problem still exists?

Please note if you factory reset you will lose everything that you installed onto your box.

Thanks I'll try to restore factory, or reinstall the firmware from an SD. Then I tell if I was solved. Greetings from Argentina.

Did this work for you?

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 3:19 PM, Justin said:

We have an update out for 1800/582/380

Will be sent by OTA Next week

For those of you wanting to try it for now

we are going to online update following FW

FW:update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160323.img

https://mega.nz/#!KAlQgYCT!CW79YytuZAY9 ... zuas9p8eS4

here is update list

1. Solved HDMI black issue

2. solved kodi black issue under 480i with RCA output

3. update to kodi 16.0( you should set factroy reset to get FRESH new kodi 16.0, If you want save your current kodi setting and add ons. pls go to playstore and choose update)

4. Added Power Button and Memory Cleaner button to the Home Screen of Android Menu.

firmware download from mygica.com did not work, will try the attached firmware image hopefully it works for me

volpen00