Justin

**NEW** ATV 1800/1800E MARCH 31ST FEEDBACK THREAD

Using a 1800e. Updated to the latest version from the Feb Beta Firmware. Wiped all data/reset before the update and it installed fine from USB.

However I have noticed something. On My Sansung 55" HU9000, if I set the video to auto detect, it detects it as 720p 60hz, the previous beta would detect it properly at 1080p 60hz. If I set 1080p 60hz manually sometimes I lose the video. Sometimes I need to put the unit to sleep and turn it on again and video will come back.

Also none of the 4K resolutions work for me. I'm not sure if I need a better HDMI cable. I do get no signal, same thing I get sometimes at 1080p. My TV is 4K of course.

I'm glad the internal player is working though. This is good for apps like the YouTube Kids app that can't use an external player.

Thanks for the update, had to power the unit down 2 times complete probably because the Dalvik cache was in use, it happens. Did a factory reset just in case ... I like a clean unit to begin with, no artifacts. A factory reset should reset the unit to back factory default which it did, but it went back to stock factory firmware which can't be right. Google Play store does not work ... same as on Feb stock factory firmware. Stock MyGica launcher confusing to say the least , also why has the model changed to XS and will it influence the GMS?

I stopped testing for now an will revert back to the beta and reapply this update if no workaround for a Google play can be found.

Edited by Guest

I did the update last night. Had to power down after 1/2 hour as well for it to take. It did not override Gotham 13.2 and change it to Kodi.

No noticeable change in Ethernet speed. No other advancement or improvements. I thought Justin said this had been "thoroughly tested".

Why miss - inform us? So we become test rabbit's. Some valuable trust has been lost.

I thought this was the firmware we had long "anticipated".

And why not include a fix for "Bluetooth", that would be much more "anticipated".

This firmware upgrade does basically "nothing".

I would recommend to all, "Wait till it is done properly".

Rolled back to November ATV1800 firmware, and reapplied the March firmware ... Still no Google Play.

Might just have to revert to November and then Feb beta ... And then March 31st ... UGH ...

Middle class problems :-(

Rolled back to November ATV1800 firmware, and reapplied the March firmware ... Still no Google Play.

Might just have to revert to November and then Feb beta ... And then March 31st ... UGH ...

Middle class problems :-(

Everyone that is having Google play store not working for them....there is a simple fix, go to Settings then Apps management and find GOOGLE PLAY STORE app and clear data. It will then load up and work again.

This trick worked for me.

Mavr13k

Did the update using the software upgrade app built into Android kit-kat. The update installed fine but did not change xbmc at all,......still have 13.2

.....infact the only change i have noticed is my download internet speed is faster now.

It did change, if goto applications you will see a kodi app just change the icon on the main page to the new kodi app...if you click on the xbmc button on remote it does load kodi.

Thanks Mavr13k , already tried it, Google play authenticates then says it has no connection.

Tried to delete host file additions too.

I have installed a couple now....no issues everything works perfectly.

Did you do a factory reset erase all data then reboot then goto update via sdcard and install img file

Fresh clean install seems the best way to go.

Mavr13k

finally got it to update correctly by doing a clean fresh install again. now have kodi but my mag tv emulator does not work anymore. was working fine before. Anyone else with this problem ?

Anyone else having issues with No video if you set the resolution to 1080p?

Maybe I need to reload the firmware again. Am I the only one? My Video gets picked up as 720P by default if I choose auto detect and if I change it to 1080P, I get no video, like if the cable is not plugged it. If I unplug and reconnect the HDMI cable it works until I change source and go back to the ATV 1800e, then I have no video again.

It was working fine on 1080P on the Feb beta firmware

Thanks for the update, had to power the unit down 2 times complete probably because the Dalvik cache was in use, it happens. Did a factory reset just in case ... I like a clean unit to begin with, no artifacts. A factory reset should reset the unit to back factory default which it did, but it went back to stock factory firmware which can't be right. Google Play store does not work ... same as on Feb stock factory firmware. Stock MyGica launcher confusing to say the least , also why has the model changed to XS and will it influence the GMS?

I stopped testing for now an will revert back to the beta and reapply this update if no workaround for a Google play can be found.

thought i'd let you know that my 1800e 2014 model has no problems connecting and using play store !! i'm still using gotham.and running the last factory update.i have not updated to kodi as yet !! i will wait and see for a few days to see what happens let's hope it stable. i find a lot of things work on some boxes and some people have problems , you would think that all batches of the same model of box would be identical this does not seem to be ? , i've also been told by the factory at customer services at mygica .com that's the first batches of mygica 1800e .don't support bluetooth !! On 2014 model ,

Thanks george1448 busy checking now with a few options - seems to have some issues this side but got it working by going back to November update and upgrading it again.

I sometimes wait but couldn't resist - new OS is fast!

finally got it to update correctly by doing a clean fresh install again. now have kodi but my mag tv emulator does not work anymore. was working fine before. Anyone else with this problem ?

Which emulator you using? Is it the official one MAGTV app from the google play store. If so make sure your settings are correct and do a force stop on it and reopen it.

With the new firmware it works perfectly now with internal player.

I must say the new firmware so far has improved everything. I strongly suggest everyone who is having issues to do a factory reset and delete all data then install via sdcard.

Mavr13k

Hi

I have updated by mygica 1800 to the new update ..now it says firmware build date of mar21-2015..

My internet speed is 250MB download but when using ookla speed test still gettin 3MB speed not sure if the ethernet issue is resolved or am I doing something wrong ?? can somebody who has more then 100Mb download speed test the speed and advice..thx

Thanks for the reply Mavr13k. The first attempt on the new firmware upgrade was executed via the OS "software upgrade" app built in,....strange thing is the upgrade went fine,....it re-booted as usual and when everything came back up Kodi was not installed and everything looked exactly as before the upgrade. I checked the build version to make sure it did indeed upgrade,...and it showed the new build numbers. So I launched the MAGTV official Android app and it now worked correctly with the video preview window and all !,....I was thrilled !. Then I did a internet speed test and again was thrilled to see my download speed increased from 37mbps to 97mbps !. then I launched XBMC to check the build version and it was still 13.2 Gotham,....so looks like for me the firmware did install correctly with the exception of Kodi only. So I decided to just do a fresh clean install via the reset button & power plug method. This time the firmware also installed correctly including Kodi,...etc. Then I used the "Backup" program add-on to restore all of my previously saved XBMC add-ons,...user data,...settings,...etc. This also went smoothly and I was able to get back all my add-ons,...etc. installed into Kodi. Then I launched play store to re-download the apps that were whipped out due to the clean fresh install,.....installed MAGTV again inputted the portal info. and as soon as I backed out,....I just see a black screen. Everything else seems to work just fine.

Hi

I have updated by mygica 1800 to the new update ..now it says firmware build date of mar21-2015..

My internet speed is 250MB download but when using ookla speed test still gettin 3MB speed not sure if the ethernet issue is resolved or am I doing something wrong ?? can somebody who has more then 100Mb download speed test the speed and advice..thx

My internet package is also 250mbps and the new firmware has increased my DL speed drastically from about 37mbps to 97mbps,....checked it a couple of times just to make sure. Are you hard wired or using wifi ?,......when you check your internet speed with a PC or laptop,.....do you get better results,....if the results are the same as with your 1800e then it may be an issue with your network,...router,...modem,...service provider.

Seems not much was done to the internal video codecs, still have issues on playback via 4K player.

Audio Codecs that are not licensed etc ... Seriously thought this was going to be the one but development is slow it seems. Other than that the build is pretty neat and we seem to be getting there.

Pretty solid experience so far, just wish the speed of improvement could pick up here and that it can be on form like some of my other Android boxes.

Thanks for the reply Mavr13k. The first attempt on the new firmware upgrade was executed via the OS "software upgrade" app built in,....strange thing is the upgrade went fine,....it re-booted as usual and when everything came back up Kodi was not installed and everything looked exactly as before the upgrade. I checked the build version to make sure it did indeed upgrade,...and it showed the new build numbers. So I launched the MAGTV official Android app and it now worked correctly with the video preview window and all !,....I was thrilled !. Then I did a internet speed test and again was thrilled to see my download speed increased from 37mbps to 97mbps !. then I launched XBMC to check the build version and it was still 13.2 Gotham,....so looks like for me the firmware did install correctly with the exception of Kodi only. So I decided to just do a fresh clean install via the reset button & power plug method. This time the firmware also installed correctly including Kodi,...etc. Then I used the "Backup" program add-on to restore all of my previously saved XBMC add-ons,...user data,...settings,...etc. This also went smoothly and I was able to get back all my add-ons,...etc. installed into Kodi. Then I launched play store to re-download the apps that were whipped out due to the clean fresh install,.....installed MAGTV again inputted the portal info. and as soon as I backed out,....I just see a black screen. Everything else seems to work just fine.

KLF,

Mine did the same thing the first time too....all you gotta do is exit the app (FORCE STOP if need be) and open it up again....you will see that yellow bar appear again and it should work perfectly again, just make sure you did your settings right.

Mavr13k