Justin

**NEW** ATV 1800/1800E MARCH 31ST FEEDBACK THREAD

Latest update March 31 my 1800e since the upgrade is great everything seems to work quite well except the Google Play Store app logs in fine but as soon as you hit install then accept you get the common server error from google I see I am not the only one with this problem Justin in the download thread you say a kodi 14.2 upgrade will be pushed out soon how soon I will not risk flashing back then forward as i have read about far to many other problems. Thanks

Ok guys I have read through this entire thread.

And I see the main issues are the following

1. Losing picture when bringing the unit back from Standby mode, or powering up the TV while the box is still on, or from switching between HDMI Inputs on your TV.

2. Google Play Store logging in issues. I find this is caused by users coming from the BETA Firmware.

3. Support for USB Keyboard/Mouse Devices

These are important issues to fix, and I have informed our engineers to fix these ASAP.

As for the issues of users not being able to load the firmware and it failing. I have personally installed this firmware onto over 80 boxes, without any issues of it installing at all. Each time I used a 16GB SD Card formatted on FAT 32.

If there are other major issues I have missed, please reply after this post

Thanks

Justin

Justin,....please also have them look at the video dropout issues when the box is set to 1080p/60. I thought this issue was supposed to be fixed in this firmware.

Wow, what a disaster.....

Updated 2 boxes just for the fun of it, both same problems

Black s screen on 1080/60

Play store will sign in but will not sync and give error to check connection.

Network connection tested and working fine.

Is it just me or this is going down hill ? :(

Did you have the November firmware on prior to upgrading? If you update from Feb GMS beta your Google Play will have issues. This is the only work around that I know of for now.

Did you have the November firmware on prior to upgrading? If you update from Feb GMS beta your Google Play will have issues. This is the only work around that I know of for now.

November on all I have deployed. Both reset before "upgrade"

Slowly changing to W8.1 boxes.

@lifeisfun - that is strange indeed. Hopefully Justin knows what's going on ...

Had November on mine, signed into Google play to make sure I can, and then upgraded to March 31st.

Can't be the reset that did it because how are you supposed to prep for customers if you are inclined to do so.

I had the beta firmware on mine prior to the update but it looks like that is not the issue here. My play store is still caput. I tried every fix I could find on the internet.

I am fully aware of the major issues as I posted about this yesterday.

Pushing to have this fixed ASAP

Yes I read your post. I was just communicating with the other forum members about it. This was not intended to jab at you to get on this. :)

Thanks Justin for your endless hard work.

Ok no problem

I am up late at night trying to get this resolved ASAP. As China is 12 hours ahead of me.

Will know more tonight

Still not getting 14.2 here. Still says 13.2. Can't find it in applications as someone mentioned. I do see that there is a new logo for xbmc on my main page though. Any solutions to get 14.2 to work?

Pegged, your almost there. You upgraded the firmware now you just need to select the plugin Quickboot. In there select boot to recovery. Once you are in recovery select factory reset. Scroll down to the word YES and select. It will take a few minutes then pop back to the menu again. Then you select reboot. Your box will reboot back to usual screen. All the apps that were included in the new firmware will now install including Kodi 14.1

I did this and I have the message saying Installing Update, however the bar seems to be stuck and the install does not seem to be progressing. Appears maybe 80 to 90 percent done. Now what do I do if it does not fully install. It has now been about 20 minutes.

Had November on mine, signed into Google play to make sure I can, and then upgraded to March 31st.

Can't be the reset that did it because how are you supposed to prep for customers if you are inclined to do so.

It actually is the reset. install firmware 1105, log into Google Play, upgrade to latest firmware without resetting and Google Play Store should be find. You may have to manually install Kodi and uninstall XBMC.

Kodi did install just fine on both only Play store won't sync.

Point is that I can't believe all these problems are present on "new upgrade"

Hard to believe that fully working Lollipop will be ever available.

They are doing their best. At least the fixes are still coming. Wouldn't it be worse if they just ignored us and stopped firmware support?

I have no doubt Justin is doing his best, but Asian masters ? ... no so sure :cry:

It actually is the reset. install firmware 1105, log into Google Play, upgrade to latest firmware without resetting and Google Play Store should be find. You may have to manually install Kodi and uninstall XBMC.

+1, this is also my experience. The reset after the upgrade appears to roll back the play store to an older version and ceases to function.

Hopefully this assists in the firmware fix.

Just a general question why does it appear that all other box manufactures have already rolled out their lollipop updates shouldn't everyone be on par? Thanks.

Not sure why but I have 32 inch 720 TV and all movies on kodi are zoomed .i had to turn off the hdmi auto detect and force box to 720 60hz then in kodi I had to turn off hardware acceleration and activate software acceleration to get it to unzoom

OK, as other suggested going back to 1105 fw (log in to your GP account) and then upgrading without reset fixed the Playstore sync problem.

@Justin

Probably good idea to post with the fw download DO NOT reset your box

Just a general question why does it appear that all other box manufactures have already rolled out their lollipop updates shouldn't everyone be on par? Thanks.

Which Android box manufacturers are you referring too?