Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 585 MARCH 31ST FIRMWARE FEEDBACK THREAD

I started the install, everything seemed fine. Now I'm at 3/4 installed and the object in the middle of the Android has stopped spinning. Has been that way for 10 min. What should I do????

Pull out the power to the box, put power back and leave it to complete ... Mine sometimes takes up to 3 times of pulling the power cord out and putting it back to continue and finish the firmware upgrade.

I rebooted by unplugging the power. I switched to a USB stick from microSD and installed the .img file from the recovery screens. It worked successfully! Love the smoothness of this update! Nice job!

The install went very well. You seem to have done a good job of getting rid of non essential processes, leaving more memory free...kudos.

I have a few issues:

1. I can get no Dolby Digital 5.1 no matter how I try or with any apps, even though I know DD should be coming through.

2. When I switched my receiver to another HDMI port (my PVR), then switched back I received a message that the resolution being received was not supported. This occurred while while watching the Youtube add-in to Kobi.

3. The audio within Netflix is not synced with the video, a slight mismatch of lips moving and the words being spoken.

4. When playing video from the Google play store I get no video image, only a black screen.

(https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... deos&hl=en)

This is the biggest issue for me as I bought the device because of it's ability to play rented Google store videos.

I'm pretty technical. I won't get confused when forced to select between 2 launchers (in fact I use the Nova launcher). I have the Nexus 5 phone and Nexus 7 tablet, I've modified both drastically, if you need someone to test updates or your new OTA, I'm game.

Al

Old & new firmware not working on Toshiba LCD TV. Blocking the tv ,can`t be controlled from the remote and need to disconnect the power cable to restart the TV. Also if you try to use analog tv not working, picture is flickering.

Old & new firmware not working on Toshiba LCD TV. Blocking the tv ,can`t be controlled from the remote and need to disconnect the power cable to restart the TV. Also if you try to use analog tv not working, picture is flickering.

Which model # of Toshiba TV do you have?

Let me know

Thanks

Ok so I'm unsure if anyone is having the same issues but thought I'd post problems I am currently having. Sometimes after shutting off (or standby with remote) after turning back on green light comes on but no video output to tv. Another issue is screen flicker, basically screen is dimmed with kodi and flickers between bright and dim and will not stop. Both of these issues require unplugging ac power an reconnecting to correct. Occasionally remote is unresponsive, same thing, cycle ac and all is well. I'm currently playing with firmware from another ginatech product that has different remote codes. If I get it working with the kr60 remote I will post to share as it appears to work fairly well. One final note, occasionally a black line will be positioned vertically in center or screen while using kodi. I suspect its an issue with kodi. I have purchased 10 of the atv585 and so far I'm not overly impressed with them as I have a few cheap dual core clones that perform far better actually 100% trouble free. I do hope the firmware improves as I believe the product has tremendous potential. I'm by no means a coder or programmer but I have played with android based roms for other devices and hope to try and remedy some of these issues myself. If anyone has the same problems or a workable solution please post it and share. Thanks for your time.

Hi there.

Recovery don't recognise/read my SD or USB drive(Both work in Android/Xbmc).

When I use the check for update on local option in the OS the img file is there, but when it boots into recovery its not available in ufile or sdfile options under EXT locations.

Rebooting and using different sd cards/usb devices/ports unsuccessful.

Please advise.

Which model # of Toshiba TV do you have?

Let me know

Thanks

Hy Justin !

Toshiba 40RV525R

Ok so I'm unsure if anyone is having the same issues but thought I'd post problems I am currently having. Sometimes after shutting off (or standby with remote) after turning back on green light comes on but no video output to tv. Another issue is screen flicker, basically screen is dimmed with kodi and flickers between bright and dim and will not stop. Both of these issues require unplugging ac power an reconnecting to correct. Occasionally remote is unresponsive, same thing, cycle ac and all is well. I'm currently playing with firmware from another ginatech product that has different remote codes. If I get it working with the kr60 remote I will post to share as it appears to work fairly well. One final note, occasionally a black line will be positioned vertically in center or screen while using kodi. I suspect its an issue with kodi. I have purchased 10 of the atv585 and so far I'm not overly impressed with them as I have a few cheap dual core clones that perform far better actually 100% trouble free. I do hope the firmware improves as I believe the product has tremendous potential. I'm by no means a coder or programmer but I have played with android based roms for other devices and hope to try and remedy some of these issues myself. If anyone has the same problems or a workable solution please post it and share. Thanks for your time.

I have the same problems. If you go to your Home Screen and shutt down the box , it will start normal. But if you shutt off the box from any other screen you will have no video signal.

OK, enough. Waited a MONTH for any kind of response to my issues and issues of others. No comment or promise of help in all that time. It's time to give up on a product that I soooo wanted to enjoy and use. I've returned my box for a refund. Perhaps some time in the future these Android TV boxes will be viable, but for now they are a frustrating waste of my time.

I have the same problems. If you go to your Home Screen and shutt down the box , it will start normal. But if you shutt off the box from any other screen you will have no video signal.

to let you know, its under settings and Display place your Screen saver to Never, i am sure you will not have this issue,

OK, enough. Waited a MONTH for any kind of response to my issues and issues of others. No comment or promise of help in all that time. It's time to give up on a product that I soooo wanted to enjoy and use. I've returned my box for a refund. Perhaps some time in the future these Android TV boxes will be viable, but for now they are a frustrating waste of my time.

I am not sure why, you feel that way, but we are in next gen, and i am sure we have answered all the questions.. if the box do not function properly contact us on our help line phone number that would be also quick responds

You got a bare with us, we did escalate your issue with our Dev team,

as soon as we get some info, we will update you,

Is it possible you can tell me when you loaded the software is it Mygica metro launcher with Huge icons or is it google icons ?

Hi,

I updated the firmware but now my remote doesn't work.

What remotes work with this firmware?

Thanks

Jack

Huge icons.

ok good, now if the remote is KR40 it have a Dongle or USB hookup make sure its attached to your box if it is then take out and hook it up to another USB

if you have KR34 or KR60 then msg me back

Is there a way to turn off the unit with the remote, like actually turn it off and not just go into standby? Reason being, the unit stays on and powered so my external hard drive does not shut off automatically, and also if I copy any new media to the external hard drive, I have to turn off the MyGica at the wall socket and turn it back on to see the new media.

Is there a way to turn off the unit with the remote, like actually turn it off and not just go into standby? Reason being, the unit stays on and powered so my external hard drive does not shut off automatically, and also if I copy any new media to the external hard drive, I have to turn off the MyGica at the wall socket and turn it back on to see the new media.

The issue of turning the unit completely off, is you would need a power button on the actual box to turn it back on.

This is why we only have Standby mode.

The issue of turning the unit completely off, is you would need a power button on the actual box to turn it back on.

No problem, not a biggie. My unit is working very nicely nowadays after the latest update. Just need to give it a few minutes after turning it back on to become responsive again, but then all good. :)

No problem, not a biggie. My unit is working very nicely nowadays after the latest update. Just need to give it a few minutes after turning it back on to become responsive again, but then all good. :)

Ok good to hear.

If you have any other questions just ask

Thanks

Just purchased a new ATV 585 on October 23rd 2015 in Canada. Build # is V002M8B01_20150717.

Does this box require the firmware upgrade from March or are these new units being shipped with the firmware updated?

Thanks in advance

Cam