Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whittingstall

Audio clipping

Hello. My wife recently purchased a MyGica ATV585 from Ground Control Electronics in Vancouver who did the set up for us. It works really well except for one issue. The movie/show will play but the audio will cut out/clip every 30 seconds or so for 1 or two seconds. The video keeps playing but the audio cuts out. Sometimes it goes away, sometimes it happens repeatedly for 30 seconds every five seconds. Very annoying. This is the only thing that keeps us from loving the new system. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I just found that issue starting with mine too. I assume that by "the box" you mean xbmc. I'm using mostly Genesis and I find that if I pause for a second or two then restart all is good. Not a deal breaker for me, since I'm on my third different MyGica box in 18 months :D

Curious about what you said. Why do people keep getting new boxes all the time? I've read the same comment several times before.

To keep it short and sweet, simply keeping up with the newest technology. I've had western digital, patriot box office, jynxbox and now three different versions of Mygica.

It's not like I'm drinking the mygica koolaid or anything. If I have issues I'll tell about it. I simply sell my boxes to friends and keep them updated for them to use and keep myself in the loop. Mygica is the best that I've seen so far.

J

Im having the same issue. Ive posted 2 discussions on this site about this issue but i cant get any answeres. Everyday i hate this box a little more. Hopefully someone from mygica will at least respond before i stop telling people how great this box is. And start telling them its junk

IMO the Mods here don't spend nearly enough time eyeballing these forums. Seriously, does anyone really mean to tell me that four Mods (Justin, Mark, Nick and james) can't spend a combined one hour a day here answering say a reasonable 15-20 questions a day? It's interesting (I can't say "bad" because then I might get in trouble for being confrontational) that I'm on vacation on a beach and still seem to pop in here more than some er, others.

Just saying.

And please don't give me any of that "We're always here and always around" line. God's always here. You're not God.