Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wjw

IPTV and Mag TV Emulation

Justin:

What are the Forum rules on iptv and mag TV questions? I'm pretty sure the mag TV emulator wasn't installed on the box so we could talk about CBC and the House of Conmons channel :D

I'm more curious about functioning ISPs in Canada, and I really don't want to have a PM party between myself and some of the more knowledgeable forum members on here who can answer my questions.

J

Justin:

What are the Forum rules on iptv and mag TV questions? I'm pretty sure the mag TV emulator wasn't installed on the box so we could talk about CBC and the House of Conmons channel :D

I'm more curious about functioning ISPs in Canada, and I really don't want to have a PM party between myself and some of the more knowledgeable forum members on here who can answer my questions.

J

Since majority of the service providers for Mag 250/254 are offering channels which are not licensed for Canadian and American content, we cannot have users talk about it on here.

Sorry about this.

That was kind of my thought :D

If anyone wants to PM, I have the mag TV app running well using freely acquirable http's that are (as of now) free to use. It will not be discussed here anymore.

I'm more interested in portals that can be used to test what the box can do, since that app from the Play Store seems to work well...

@homer99

PM sent, but responses seem to be sitting in my outbox still for some reason, so if you don't get anything tell me.

J

@orangelmo

PM sent.

Some people are having issues with the "download" part of the Mag TV from the Google Play Store. Sometimes it doesn't work for some reason. I have the Mag TV apk attachment available for sideloading but I'm not sure if I can attach it here.

J

@orangelmo

PM sent.

Some people are having issues with the "download" part of the Mag TV from the Google Play Store. Sometimes it doesn't work for some reason. I have the Mag TV apk attachment available for sideloading but I'm not sure if I can attach it here.

J

You can attach it as an APK no problem

You can attach it as an APK no problem

Ok thanks, I'll try it again tomorrow at work. I tried it a while ago and it wasn't allowed. For those interested, I found a way to d/l apk's from the Play Store to a computer then just side load them from the "App Installer" . I'll have to find the link in my bookmarks and it's pop up heavy but it works...

J

@homer99

PM sent, but responses seem to be sitting in my outbox still for some reason, so if you don't get anything tell me.

J

wjw, would you send me an PM on how to get the MagTV App pls

Answer is play store. You can download from there please.

Yes you will always find the latest update on the Playstore for this app

Also, and without getting into specifics, the iptv emulator for the Mygica boxes work a lot better IMO than the Kodi stalker Addons.

Also, and without getting into specifics, the iptv emulator for the Mygica boxes work a lot better IMO than the Kodi stalker Addons.

Agree completely wjw, although I think if there is to be a new version for MagTV, it needs some modifications to make it fully usable. For me the main thing lacking in the emulator is the ability to use the colored buttons to access and interact with the egg. What I mean is that with Kodi the interface for the EPG displays in a grid format with multiple channels with multiple listings at 30 minute intervals visible. With MagTV under the default EPG you have to scroll through one channel at a time to see what's on. What I have discovered however is that using my KR-100 remote and pressing the ff or rw key, the onscreen colored buttons appear and then you can use the air mouse to click on the blue button which brings up a full grid EPG just like Kodi. It displays 10 channels at a time for a 2 hour block. Scrolling right shows the next 2 hour block. While I can scroll through the guide, I still haven't figured out how to select a channel. Pressing "enter" doesn't do anything and I've tried all other buttons on the KR100 keyboard without success.

So, hopefully you were able to follow all of that :D . If you have any tips to resolve the above I'd love to hear otherwise as mentioned off the top, for this emulator to work optimally it needs an update or perhaps the KR 100 can be mapped to act like a Mag remote?

Actually if the ff or rw buttons (I've never tried them in the magtv app) work like the Kodi stalker-type epg then that would be golden :D

The default epg in the magtv emulated 254 type Addon is, to say the least, minimal.

There is apparently an elusive Mygica remote that is sold as a "Mygica magtv remote" but I haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-mice-keyboards-w ... 1061589479

(I'm just using the above link as an example and is not considered an endorsement.)

It's also not in the official Mygica wiki as a remote...

The MyGica KR20 Remote works great with MAG TV

The colored buttons are mapped properly, so is the EPG button.

As for the EPG issue.

This is MAG 254s interface, is how they designed it. The exact same interface that loads through MAG TV App, is the exact same thing that you will see on a MAG 254/250.

To map out the colored buttons, the app developer needs to map it themselves.

This is what was done for KR20 Mag Remote

Thanks Justin. I have emailed the developer with the feedback so we'll see what if anything happens with a new release. In the interim, I may have to try to locate a KR 20 remote to give it a try.

I see there is a new version 8.9.4 release. It apparently won't work on the 1900 (surprise?). Curious to know if anyone has tested this on other devices?

I haven't pursued the MagTV app for a while. I'm running a nfps stalker through Kodi 15.2 (paid) and it works well. I haven't tried it on any 1900's yet (I refuse to pay that kind of money) but works well on 380/582/1800's.

I run stalker too and it runs good on the 582 and on the 1900 it is ok but the whole 1900 platform as we know is quirky. I did like the potential for MagTV emulator rather than using Kodi but it had many drawbacks as noted in my previous posts. I am curious if they have made this version more user friendly. Maybe if I get time tomorrow I'll test it on the 582 but it sounds like it's a no-go for the 1900. Crazy that a latest version app won't work on a latest version hardware... :?