Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wjw

IPTV and Mag TV Emulation

I see there is a new version 8.9.4 release. It apparently won't work on the 1900 (surprise?). Curious to know if anyone has tested this on other devices?

What doesn't work about it?

I see there is a new version 8.9.4 release. It apparently won't work on the 1900 (surprise?). Curious to know if anyone has tested this on other devices?

What doesn't work about it?

I don't know but the developer notes indicate the specific models it is compatible with and the 1900 is not listed. So, I haven't tested it to find out exactly why. If you need the link to these notes let me know otherwise a quick Google search will find them.

From the dev notes:

"This app will only work with the following android boxes:

MyGica ATV-520/520E/400/1200

MyGica ATV-582/585/1800/1800E/380"

From the dev notes:

"This app will only work with the following android boxes:

MyGica ATV-520/520E/400/1200

MyGica ATV-582/585/1800/1800E/380"

Probably just needs to update the list is all

As far as I know 1900 has had it working since Dec Firmware update

I see there is a new version 8.9.6 and the release notes now indicate the 1900 as being a working model.

It also indicates the KR301 color buttons work too.

Justin,

i wanted to follow up on the initial question that was asked in this thread quite a while ago about discussing MagTV on this forum. The way I understand it is that this emulator is an off-build of the common STB Emulator (at least it looks that way) and for some programming reason the MagTV version is specific for MyGica devices only (not sure why or if it's true) and you also sell a remote specifically compatible with the MagTV app, so it is reasonable to presume that MyGica is connected with MagTV. If this is correct, would you consider adding a new forum category for discussions about MagTV? I have been testing it for a while and I'm sure there are others that have too and it would be great to share knowledge. The reason I ask is because I do have questions about the most recent release 8.9.8 and have emailed the developers (magtv2014) at the advertised address but have not received a response and so this community may help solve some issues.

Your consideration for this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

On 2016-10-16 at 6:25 PM, ksmitty said:

Justin,

i wanted to follow up on the initial question that was asked in this thread quite a while ago about discussing MagTV on this forum. The way I understand it is that this emulator is an off-build of the common STB Emulator (at least it looks that way) and for some programming reason the MagTV version is specific for MyGica devices only (not sure why or if it's true) and you also sell a remote specifically compatible with the MagTV app, so it is reasonable to presume that MyGica is connected with MagTV. If this is correct, would you consider adding a new forum category for discussions about MagTV? I have been testing it for a while and I'm sure there are others that have too and it would be great to share knowledge. The reason I ask is because I do have questions about the most recent release 8.9.8 and have emailed the developers (magtv2014) at the advertised address but have not received a response and so this community may help solve some issues.

Your consideration for this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Now that this forum has transitioned to the new platform, can this question that was asked a couple months ago be considered?

many thanks!

like to know how to install MAg TV app on Mygica 1900 Pro, plz let me know, i like to load url portal , but cant dont know how to install MAG TV app on MYgica 1900 Pro.

Plz let me know,

thanks

On 12/28/2016 at 1:12 AM, ksmitty said:

Now that this forum has transitioned to the new platform, can this question that was asked a couple months ago be considered?

many thanks!

Ksmitty,

Forgive my ignorance surrounding Magtv, but it is my understanding that since a lot of content viewed through Magtv is not licensed, we are not allowed to discuss MagTv for the most part.

I will speak to justin about this to see if I am just being paranoid about our policies.

4 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Ksmitty,

Forgive my ignorance surrounding Magtv, but it is my understanding that since a lot of content viewed through Magtv is not licensed, we are not allowed to discuss MagTv for the most part.

I will speak to justin about this to see if I am just being paranoid about our policies.

Completely understand, thank you for the response. I guess if discussion on the generic use of this app is not permitted, could you at least clarify if it is supported/endorsed/created by MyGica or has a third party just used the MyGica name independently? I certainly don't want to see it removed or continued development discontinued. Thx!

On 12/30/2016 at 7:34 PM, ksmitty said:

Completely understand, thank you for the response. I guess if discussion on the generic use of this app is not permitted, could you at least clarify if it is supported/endorsed/created by MyGica or has a third party just used the MyGica name independently? I certainly don't want to see it removed or continued development discontinued. Thx!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mvas.stb.emu.free&hl=en

I would suggest using this app to replace MAGTV

8 hours ago, Justin said:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mvas.stb.emu.free&hl=en

I would suggest using this app to replace MAGTV

Thanks but im sticking with MagTV right now...it is working really well for me. I get the sense it is the same as the Mvas release anyways, at least the interface looks exactly the same. I just wasn't sure why this one was built for MyGica products only.

14 hours ago, ksmitty said:

Thanks but im sticking with MagTV right now...it is working really well for me. I get the sense it is the same as the Mvas release anyways, at least the interface looks exactly the same. I just wasn't sure why this one was built for MyGica products only.

At the time it was designed to be used properly with a Remote

Also it fixed issues with the built in video player, so an external one was not needed.

Since then though the Video Player has improved.

Magtv emu for mygica

Hello I have downloaded this app and in stalled it to my 586 model

works well with IPTV but.. on bottom of main screen when you use the mouse

function and click on the favorites button they are all grayed out... does anyone

know how to fix this,  all the settings are correct I think the mag250 is by default.

Atec

On 4/26/2017 at 4:50 PM, atec said:

Magtv emu for mygica

Hello I have downloaded this app and in stalled it to my 586 model

works well with IPTV but.. on bottom of main screen when you use the mouse

function and click on the favorites button they are all grayed out... does anyone

know how to fix this,  all the settings are correct I think the mag250 is by default.

Atec

I answered the same question here