Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kstecher

Kodi 14.1 for ATV520E ?

Hi

Is there any new firmware release update for the ATV520E for Kodi 14.1? I am running Android 4.2.2

I am happy with my unit running Frodo but I would like if possible a more updated version .

Kindly advise

Karl

Hi

Is there any new firmware release update for the ATV520E for Kodi 14.1? I am running Android 4.2.2

I am happy with my unit running Frodo but I would like if possible a more updated version .

Kindly advise

Karl

it is in the downloads section

Here is a direct link

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=2521

I also posted this here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2582&p=16758#p16758

Dear MyGica Staff or Forum users, please help,

CONTEXT:

1) I downloaded the 4.2 firmware update with Kodi 14.1 and for remote KR34 (file name: update_MyGica_4.2_20150209_KR34) from the MyGica staff's post (viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2520).

2) I followed the instructions in that post, including the video, however, it does not work, that is, there is no file listed when I click on "local update", despite having the downloaded file on an SD card inserted on the ATV 520e. After reading through the forums, I've tried having the file in the SD card as the original downloaded.ZIP, and also tried having the file in the SD card after renaming it as .IMG, but nothing shows up in either case. I also tried not renaming the zip but extracting the img inside it, but nothing is seen in local update with the extracted img on the SD card. By the way, even though nothing is seen in local update, in file manager the file is seen on the SD card, as zip or as img.

3) I read another post of the MyGica staff's posts (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23&start=10) that when nothing shows up it means that the file is already installed, however, I bought three units all model ATV520e a couple of days ago, at different stores, and although they did all come with Android 4.2.2 already installed, they all came with XBMC 12.2 Frodo.

4) I also read in another post (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2582&p=9681&hilit=dual+core+kodi+mygica#p9681) that someone suggested just updating XBMC to Kodi from the Google Play store, however, the MyGica staff pointed out that the Kodi version that comes in the MyGica Firmware is customized for MyGica for optimal performance on the MyGica.

5) I've also read in another MyGica Forum post instructions on how to upgrade the MyGica ATV520e using the update button on the bottom but that involves unzipping the .ZIP file into the various files into the SD card... and the .ZIP file in question here unzips only into one .IMG file. Can't find the post I read on the MyGica forum but found this other link to a PDF. (http://net-tv.us/downloads/Firmware-Upd ... 2.kr34.pdf)

6) I have also read in another MyGica Forum post here (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1917) of someone who bricked their MyGica unit by using the update button and rebooting into an .IMG file on the SD card... to which the MyGica staff responded that there is not way to unbrick the MyGica units (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23&p=8803&hilit=mygica+atv520+upgrading+instruction#p8803)(viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23&p=8803&hilit=mygica+atv520+upgrading+instruction#p5363)

7) The video in the original MyGica staff's post (viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2520) says that you can always install the Mygica customized Kodi 14.1 from the MyGica Store if it is accidentally deleted, however, there is not MyGica store on any of the three ATV520e units I purchased which all came with Android 4.2.2 but XBMC 12.2.

QUESTIONS:

A) How can I upgrade from the factory preinstalled XBMC 12.2 Frodo to the MyGica Kodi 14.1 Helix on my ATV 520e which is already running Android 4.2.2 from the factory, if the file (update_MyGica_4.2_20150209_KR34.zip or update_MyGica_4.2_20150209_KR34.img renamed or extracted) on the SD card does not show up in the local update?

Updating from Google Play or MyGica Store is not the answer I'm looking for because I want the MyGica version of Kodi 14.1, which is not on Google Play and the MyGica store icon is not on any of my three ATV 520e devices.

By the way, I've also tried downloading the firware update multiple times and from multiple computers and extracting it and or renaming it from different computers as well to rule out other possibilities as part of the troubleshooting.

It is unlikely that this is an isolated problem with one ATV520e, as I had the issue with all three units and each unit is from a different store.

If there is no solution to this, I may return my three units because I've followed the instructions carefully and it's still not working, while risking bricking the unit, specially where there is no reasonable/simple way for the user to recover the unit on their own.

B) I bought them for $99.99 each, a couple of days ago, normal price, they were not marked as clearance and were not marked as discontinued... which makes me wonder why are the ATV 520e posts under the MyGica Official Forum category Discontinued Enjoy TV Boxes?

C) Although the three units I purchased say ATV520e on their underside, they are completely black on the top except only mygica written in grey/white... but in the image on the boxes the boxes appear as coming with a green android robot painted on the top of the unit and different writing ("enjoy tv" in white and "mygica" in orange) also painted on top of the unit, which is what other ATV 520e units I have physically seen look like (my friend has one purchased a couple of years ago, not the ATV520, the bottom says ATV520e). In other words, there are ATV520e models that come that come with the green android robot and different writing on the top but there are ATV520e models that come all black and not matching the image of the box they come in because the image looks like the other ATV 520e. The manual (http://www.urbandigitalmedia.com.au/wp- ... TV520e.pdf) and the firmware update instructions using the update button on the underside (http://net-tv.us/downloads/Firmware-Upd ... 2.kr34.pdf) both have images of the version of the ATV520e with the green android robot... again, the three ATV520e units I bought are all black... they were recently (a couple of weeks ago) purchased at three different Canada Computers locations in different Canadian cities over different days. Why are they the same model number?

D) I read a MyGica Forum (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2516&p=8899&hilit=720p+atv520e#p8899) that the units with dual cores are built on a 720p kernel and can only upscale to 1080p in some apps (not XBMC), but I purchased the unit because the box says "FULL HD 1080"", sorry, even after reading the forum (which was closed because too many users were complaining of "false advertising"), I'm not clear on why I can't get 1080 (I can only get 720) on the XBMC 12.2 Frodo that came factory installed on my three ATV520e units. Would the units display 1080 on Kodi 14.1?

E) in addition to the post referenced above in #4, there is another post (posting.php?mode=reply&f=75&t=3255) in which it is suggested by mygica staff to update kodi/xbmc by going to Google play, so I'm really wondering what is the difference between Google play kodi versions and the mygica edition branded versions that come with the mygica firmware?

Thanks for your help, sorry for all the information but I hope my questions are clear and that you are able to answer them ;-)