Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jpkashwak

Upgrade App for model 1800e

Hello, Im a newbie.

I want to update to the march 31 2015 software and would like to save all the data/settings from my 1800e. in the instructions it says "Can be updated using the Upgrade app or Recovery Mode". I looked for the upgrade app on google but cant find it. Can you tell me the name of the app that works? When you say i could go to "recovery mode", is that using a toothpick on the machine and then plugging it in?

When i save the data, will that save all the settings etc..

Thanks in advance

Daryn

thanks, i will look. I appreciate your help!

It is also built into the MyGica launcher. Just move to the settings part of the menu, and you will see a big icon that says "UPGRADE"

Hello

I upgraded my XBMC to Kodi. When i did this it was downloaded and installed but the Kodi seems to be an app and i still have XBMC when the unit is turned on. If i go to the apps and click on Kodi, it has all the add ins and works, but when i close Kodi it is not seen on the opening window it still shows XBMC. What did i do wrong??

Thanks

Hello

I upgraded my XBMC to Kodi. When i did this it was downloaded and installed but the Kodi seems to be an app and i still have XBMC when the unit is turned on. If i go to the apps and click on Kodi, it has all the add ins and works, but when i close Kodi it is not seen on the opening window it still shows XBMC. What did i do wrong??

Thanks

You didn't do anything really wrong. What worked for me was on page 2

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=2750

Hello,

Its been some time since I could use my 1800e. currently I have XBMC 13.2 on my mygica.

I have watched many youtube videos and i am a little (okay, more than a little) confused???

I understand there is a "software updates" button/app when I go to MyGica settings. When i click on it there are three categories: Local Update, Auto Update and Upgrade settings. Will this update my unit with the Kodi? I know in my download app it shows I have Kodi 14.2 Helix already downloaded. for my upgrade, here is how it is set:

Local update i have "check new version from the local", is this correct if my wifi works??

Auto Update i have " automatic update system from server" this is checked

Upgrade settings: Update setting says "automatic restart update system", Download Setting says "Cache"

I know it appears I dont understand much but this is a bit confusing with little explanation. Maybe someone could make or let me know if they have any videos on youtube. I understand things I can see and listen to an explanation. It would be helpful to many people, i know its a pain but very helpful to us newbies.

1. what is the latest version without using an "alpha" version??

2. in terms of firmware, what version is the newest? I saw this on this site: "**NEW** ATV 582/1800E/380 FIRMWARE UPDATE 03-31-15"

thanks in advance

Daryn

Hello,

Its been some time since I could use my 1800e. currently I have XBMC 13.2 on my mygica.

I have watched many youtube videos and i am a little (okay, more than a little) confused???

I understand there is a "software updates" button/app when I go to MyGica settings. When i click on it there are three categories: Local Update, Auto Update and Upgrade settings. Will this update my unit with the Kodi? I know in my download app it shows I have Kodi 14.2 Helix already downloaded. for my upgrade, here is how it is set:

Local update i have "check new version from the local", is this correct if my wifi works??

Auto Update i have " automatic update system from server" this is checked

Upgrade settings: Update setting says "automatic restart update system", Download Setting says "Cache"

I know it appears I dont understand much but this is a bit confusing with little explanation. Maybe someone could make or let me know if they have any videos on youtube. I understand things I can see and listen to an explanation. It would be helpful to many people, i know its a pain but very helpful to us newbies.

1. what is the latest version without using an "alpha" version??

2. in terms of firmware, what version is the newest? I saw this on this site: "**NEW** ATV 582/1800E/380 FIRMWARE UPDATE 03-31-15"

thanks in advance

Daryn

If you uncheck the Automatic update in the update app, and check for manual update. You will find an OTA Update for 07/21

Are you looking to just upgrade to KODI 15.2?

Hi Justin

thanks for the quick response. my apologies for not knowing all the software terms.

Sorry, what does OTA stand for? when i uncheck auto and tried the manual update, it came back and said cant find new update. Is this update button for the "operating system"? is this related to updating the Android 4.4.2 API level 19?

I would like to get the version 15.2 version as I have the 14.2 version. Is this the newest version that is not an alpha version?

i tried to attach what i have on my machine with a picture

Since Justin is away for a few days i will answer your question

1. OTA = Over The Air Updates

2. We customize Kodi to make it work very close with CPU and GPU to have less crash and get most of your box with Kodi.

but to answer for update, yes you can update your Kodi to original Kodi version and here is the steps

1. Delete Kodi from your box first

a. Click On Settings // More // More settings

b. Select Apps

c. Find Kodi and Click on it

d. Select Uninstall

2. Load Google Play Store

a. Search for Kodi

b. install it

that is all you will have latest Version of kodi

** Remember to back your kodi first so you don't loose anything from inside **