Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zulu

Cannot add external HDD as source in Kodi

Hi there. Hope someone can help. Searched plenty forums for an answer but no joy.

My movies are on a 1tb WD external harddrive attached to my ATV582. The haddrive is allocated name SDA1 and all movies are visible in file manager.

In Kodi, when i go to videos> files i can see SDA1 and i can browse to the movies and play them.

But i want to scrape my movies and add to my library to get the rich content Kodi provides. so i go to Add videos and expext to see the SDA1 there but i don't. I also looked under root>mnt but cannot see sda1 there either. All i see is

asec

media_rw

obb

sdcard

secure

shell

I searced media_rw folder but get nothing - does not want to open.

What am i doing wrong. I have setup plenty of media centers with kodi but the media folders where always on a NAS and i could easily find and add/scrape the content. Just does not want to work with the external hdd.

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like your post should be named "Cannot add external HDD as destination in Kodi"

your external drive may be "read-only" (no "write" permission)

I have the same issue as zulu... I have changed settings as far as I could see to make the drive read and writeable.

Might be having some success by 'adding videos', and then having to manually type in the location, ie:

storage/external_storage/sda1

These seems like a long winded workaround though, and surely it should be much simpler.

What then is the solution jsotola, assuming you know ?