Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SylentCommando

Overclocking the ATV 1200

I have tried to overclock my gica ATV1200 cpu from 1.2 ghz to 1.5ghz. The cpu throttles from 96 to 1200mhz. Do I need to root the box? and if I don't how come it want let me do this. The program I am using is No frills Cpu control. I have the program scaling governor set to performance and in cpu z it says it set to conservative. I want to boost a little more speed into this box. I also had a question about firmware updates, why cant you make them so you don't lose everything everytime you update it. This is a pain, I mean you should be able to do this without losing any data. Why does my gica make it t difficult? I am starting to regret ever buying this.

I have tried to overclock my gica ATV1200 cpu from 1.2 ghz to 1.5ghz. The cpu throttles from 96 to 1200mhz. Do I need to root the box? and if I don't how come it want let me do this. The program I am using is No frills Cpu control. I have the program scaling governor set to performance and in cpu z it says it set to conservative. I want to boost a little more speed into this box. I also had a question about firmware updates, why cant you make them so you don't lose everything everytime you update it. This is a pain, I mean you should be able to do this without losing any data. Why does my gica make it t difficult? I am starting to regret ever buying this.

The 1200 comes rooted already.

So if rooting is required to overclock then your covered this way.

I do not know enough about over clocking though to really give you a good answer.

If anyone else on this forum does, can you please share.

Also going here http://www.xda-developers.com/

This site is full of really knowledgeable users, and there are threads already relating to the ATV 1200.

So you might find your answer there more easily.

Also updating the firmware and then losing everything is just how the firmware was made. The current version available for download is the last version so once you update to this, you will have the latest version available. As we have no plans to upgrade our firmware for the ATV 1200 anymore.