Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trevor_Stott

Help with advancedsettings.xml

I'm having frustrations with buffering where Kodi will buffer about 20MB and then stop but the stream isn't fast enough to keep up so I end up watching for a few minutes, waiting for a few minutes, etc. I've been trying to change the advancedsettings.xml to have Kodi buffer to disk and although I can see the settings through one of the addons they are not in effect and have no affect on the buffering. Is Kodi limited on the MyGica platform?

Here's what I'm trying to do:

So basically buffer internet, buffer to disk, kill the network.

These settings have NO affect on the buffering on my MyGica but work very well on my PC.

Thanks,

Trevor.

Okay, so I downloaded the easy advanced settings and checked the running advancedsettings.xml which shows the contents of my file. Then if I go deeper into the addon it looks like I should be able to modify the buffermode and many other settings in there but they all show as DISABLED.

Is there a way to fix this or is MyGica preventing / restricting tweeks to Kodi?

Okay, figured it out. for some reason the advancedsettings.xml didn't work but I found that through the easy advanced settings addon I could select the DISABLED setting delete the word DISABLED and replace it with the numeric setting I wanted. I could do that on all but 1 which wasn't a bad one to avoid. I now have Kodi buffering to disk so I can buffer the entire show which makes this much better!

Thanks, I think... :)

Not that nobody here wants to help you, just that your question is a bit more difficult than average to answer.

I was looking at upping my buffer size from the anemic 20 meg or 2 minutes to something bigger, but then realized one of two things was already happening.

a) my stream could keep up with my viewing so I don't need to buffer or

b) my stream would take me 65 minutes to watch a 42 minute TV show.

So I choose option c) press the download button on your remote (if your addon has it) and d/l while I'm doing something else. The mygica isn't conducive to surfing so I pretty well know what I want to watch. I just save to my memory stick.

J

My apologies, I wasn't trying to state that the forum wasn't helpful, it's a bit more advanced than many will go so I wasn't expecting it to be a quick / easy answer. I was actually impressed that I figured it out on my own after a lot of research and playing and wanted to share so that others may benefit.

I agree on the anemic buffer. I'm also intrigued with the download option, I'll have to look into that.

i love it, if you could help my friend private message and see if we could inform our video guy to bring a video about it

I'm getting the buffering\cache full errors most of the time when using kodi. I've done some research and found out how to download the easy config tool in order to configure the advancedsettings.xml file. I have done so, but haven't noticed any changes at all. What settings are people using on this box for each of the key advancedsettings.xml fields? Thanks!

I'm wondering which easy config tool you're using? I'd like to play with it a bit on a 1200 I have.

The tool I used was this one in the link below. If anyone can help confirm successful settings for their device, i would appreciate it. I used the settings advised in a youtube video. I'm assuming the settings may vary based on what type of device you have. Hence, the reason, I am posting here.

https://addons.tvaddons.ag/show/plugin. ... dsettings/

I use tv addons and use their config for mygica devices (the config wizard). What video are you referring to so we can see what you did?

So now it seems tvaddons is not with us anymore. I also had issues with buffering, or the lack of a caching function beyond the defaults. I did not want to go the XML route, as I have some none-superusers in the house. So I tried Easy Advanced Settings program addon. Problem is, with tvaddons not working anymore, the only version of Easy Advanced Settings for Jarvis is also gone(Or I could just not find it anywhere.). A

Anyway, I then proceeded to use a version designed for Krypton that I found on the Kodi forum. It seems to work and I used the settings as suggested in the link. That is if the link is allowed in my post??? Anyway, hope this helps someone out.

Easy Advanced Settings

On 6/22/2017 at 9:50 AM, Martin Stander said:

So now it seems tvaddons is not with us anymore. I also had issues with buffering, or the lack of a caching function beyond the defaults. I did not want to go the XML route, as I have some none-superusers in the house. So I tried Easy Advanced Settings program addon. Problem is, with tvaddons not working anymore, the only version of Easy Advanced Settings for Jarvis is also gone(Or I could just not find it anywhere.). A

Anyway, I then proceeded to use a version designed for Krypton that I found on the Kodi forum. It seems to work and I used the settings as suggested in the link. That is if the link is allowed in my post??? Anyway, hope this helps someone out.

Easy Advanced Settings

Thanks mate.