Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyByNight

Optical Sound Output not Working

I realized last night that the optical out doesn't work on my brand new ATV1800e. It will not output any sound to my sound system and the transmitter LED is not lit. My ATV1200 works fine and just swapped it out with the 1800 and nothing. I've gone through all the settings I can find on the 1800 and nothing works.

Not sure at this point if it is a firmware issue or hardware. If it is hardware then I'm sending it back, but would appreciate some feedback from the mods or support personnel on this site to confirm it either way. I've read another thread where someone had a similar issue after upgrading to the March 31 firmware and could only resolve it by going back to an older version from last year. In their case they didn't receive any reply from the MyGica reps here, will I have the same fate? My case is different as I have not upgraded and still using the 20150321 firmware version the unit shipped with, so is this issue on both the March 31 and March 21 versions, or is it hardware related?

If anyone has any info on this, please let me know. I'm spending far too much time on a device that should have worked straight out of the box....

Thanks,

FBN

Hi FBN,

Have you turned the optical on in the by going into the settings screen. Select the Display then select Advanced. Turn off the digital audio detection then select the Digital Audio Output and change to SPDIF passthough. You can tell it worked by the red light comes on in the optical output port

Hi Mark, Thanks for the reply.... I'm at work right now and don't have access to the unit and will try what you have suggested when I get home. However, I truly don't remember seeing anything labelled Advanced in the setup for the Display. I will take a closer look today....

FBN

Ok I got it working with your help. I just totally ignored the advanced tab since it was titled Miracast and thought all the settings were for that function. I did not notice the two settings at the bottom were for sound for the whole device. My mistake, however the Advanced tab could somehow differentiated better what is for Miracast and what is not. Also I see you can only have SPDIF or HDMI sound but not both, which both are output on the A TV1200 simultaneously, not a big deal, but good to know.

Thanks!

FBN