Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ogtommy

oops!! i think atv400 is dead :(

hello,

i've had mygica 400 for almost 2 years. it was working wonderfully the first few months i had it. One day i moved my tv to my office and brought mygica with me. after plugging it in it would boot up. Just stayed as a black screen with no light on. i though it was dead. a year later i picked it up and replugged it in the wall and figured i had nothing to lose so i opened it up and took a look. found the uart connection and used my buspirate to run it through to my computer. there were 2 lines of information starting with "EEE I300000032940Xf30001102 etc etc........." so atleast its not burnt. Ive researche3d everything and anything remotely connected to am8726-mx chip and have tried every boot method and possibilities known to man on this site and many many others.... recently after a few hours of late night attempts to re-initialize it i got a different cpu printout. this time over the uart i got "chip type = mx

ddr type - 256*16*2 1G

DDR clock is 408MHZ with 1t mode

etc

etc

up until

stage 3 0000000000

HHH

boot from

and thats as far as it goes. i know its suppose to say SPI and i should be able to hit enter and get into uboot which i am very familiar with from previous netbooks,tablets and routers.....

what can i do? am i missing something? i am very proficient with computers, electronics and have an arsenal of technology at my disposal (oscilloscope, logic analyzers, rework stations and lots of parts) i just need a push in the right direction. short of replacing every single part piece by piece until i get it working starting with the spi and nand what can i do? has anybody solved this?

hello,

i've had mygica 400 for almost 2 years. it was working wonderfully the first few months i had it. One day i moved my tv to my office and brought mygica with me. after plugging it in it would boot up. Just stayed as a black screen with no light on. i though it was dead. a year later i picked it up and replugged it in the wall and figured i had nothing to lose so i opened it up and took a look. found the uart connection and used my buspirate to run it through to my computer. there were 2 lines of information starting with "EEE I300000032940Xf30001102 etc etc........." so atleast its not burnt. Ive researche3d everything and anything remotely connected to am8726-mx chip and have tried every boot method and possibilities known to man on this site and many many others.... recently after a few hours of late night attempts to re-initialize it i got a different cpu printout. this time over the uart i got "chip type = mx

ddr type - 256*16*2 1G

DDR clock is 408MHZ with 1t mode

etc

etc

up until

stage 3 0000000000

HHH

boot from

and thats as far as it goes. i know its suppose to say SPI and i should be able to hit enter and get into uboot which i am very familiar with from previous netbooks,tablets and routers.....

what can i do? am i missing something? i am very proficient with computers, electronics and have an arsenal of technology at my disposal (oscilloscope, logic analyzers, rework stations and lots of parts) i just need a push in the right direction. short of replacing every single part piece by piece until i get it working starting with the spi and nand what can i do? has anybody solved this?

These boxes don't just brick on there own.

I think the box might have just died on you all together.

Have you tried any of the unbricking methods?

Have you found info about changing a certain chipset on the main board?

This would require soldering

This link also have good info

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-sup ... ca-atv1200