Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swithin

Atv 1200 recovery screen frozen

Hell I am new to this forum and desperate for some help. I have a atv1200 box under guarantee that has gone to recovery screen when plugged in and the remote will not select any of the options on screen. The seller said I must have pressed the re-set button on back but that is impossible as I did nothing other than plug the box in. As a result they are saying it is a software problem so not covered by their guarantee? I live in Spain so all electrical goods have to be guaranteed for two years by law. Please can someone tell me if this is a hardware issue and what would cause this to happen without having pressed any buttons on the box?

Hope some one can help

Swithin

image.jpg.5c443fd5cbab18779970e3f4f5ce3ed5.jpg

I think that has been tried. What I need to know from admin is if this is a hardware problem? I have sent email to mygica support but no reply!

if u choose 2nd option u will get device as was 1st day..and that must work if hardware is not problem..but

i will if i was on your place just go with 1st option ,regardless if update pass or not,u will keep all ur data,settings ,etc..so

yes i will go with 1st option to apply update..and even applying update pass or not pass you will end on reboot and boot ur system.

This screen what u post is normal behavior ,when Android system recovery is called or chosen.. this don't means hardware failure.

Also is sort of normal to do second option (wipe data) and turn back device to factory reset when person go to sell or resell it to other person..

Sometimes i call this on my android phone when i test new app and when i can not boot to uninstall that app. Sometimes is not particular app ,sometimes is combination of two or 3 app and interference of all together.. its sort of normal,for not deeply tested and paid apps.

Well you are lucky that u have that screen.. otherwise you can only complete plug out mygica box, and wooden tooth stick press in pinhole in the back,and then apply power ..as that is hard reset for device...this screen what u get u must call it from working device menu..or from other device which is connected to android mygica 1200.. so dont be afraid.. its "normal" screen just apply update..if you are not happy with update,you can always turn back..as far i know bad side if that update is update of android system from 4.1.2 to 4.2 that remote control KR-32 is still not supported(but dev team of mygica know that,and working on that) .. otherwise and if u use some other input methods(keyboards,mouses,etc..) just go..press it and let us know if u booted ...

well my friend its obvious that this is not hardware problem..and also happening a lot of times with any android device..not just mygica..,and local store can reset it to factory image..if you don't want to mess with it..mostly here in EU service just re flash it to factory image any android device,what mygica also is!

really fast job for beginner serviceman of any IT SHOP which have serviceman inside,but mostly shop will arrange to send it to and back ,on repair without any cost for you)..

you are covered with EU laws,and your story seems is just example of bad,very bad manners of some shop owners or personnel.

So please,go back to shop and let them write to paper what they say..and sign,and then call local Spanish,or maybe more local just for your city.. or EU customer union,if you want that they learn lesson about respecting customers and law in EU about customers rights..

my God what they will do to you if you came to them with real problem!

Seems you learn lesson about that shop ,too..

I want to say: they must accept your device and send it to examination to official repairman for mygica in Spain or EU (i think MyGica have center for EU in Germany,for sure)..only official mygica can write with explanation what is,and if have any reason to void free repair. Sending to official service and from service to local shop is free for you. We in Croatia,EU do not have such problems,as customers rights phone here is free..and penalty, is not small at all...

you need to have device in working and usable condition,that's all. you don't need to know noting about hardware problem solving or software problem solving,,even you do need to know what was problem if that is solved free of charge for you.. and for that,customers have guaranty,that device will work or will be put back in working and usable condition.