Justin

Android 4.2 Upgrade for ATV 1200 **FEEDBACK**

Buffering is ok, problem is that hd video from youtube stutters in youtube app. I also tried XBMC youtube add-on - there is no problems with 720 and 1080 videos, playback is smooth.

I just tried a HD video here with no problems on the You tube app, so I am unsure as to why your experiencing these problems, we only have a 6MB connection at our office as well.

Maybe try uninstalling and re installing the You tube app, see if that helps.

I reinstalled youtube app - no results. I did a factory reset and then tried to play hd file - no results. Maybe you Justin can test this file (

) in HD option in youtube player and tell me about quality? In XBMC youtube add-on i can play this file smoothly in 720 so it's not a problem with my connection speed. I think it's because in my box youtube app dont have hardware accelleration.

I reinstalled youtube app - no results. I did a factory reset and then tried to play hd file - no results. Maybe you Justin can test this file (
) in HD option in youtube player and tell me about quality? In XBMC youtube add-on i can play this file smoothly in 720 so it's not a problem with my connection speed. I think it's because in my box youtube app dont have hardware accelleration.

Just tried link on an ATV 1200 using a 6MB Download internet connection, and worked no problem, and did this while on Wifi.

I am not sure why you are experiencing this problem, I tried looking into the settings and there is no where to activate hardware accelleration for You Tube, so I think its just built right into the app.

Hi Justin - I have a question about the 4.2.2 upgrade - you mention that the component video output is not supported - is audio out via the red/white RCA sockets supported?

I have my ATV1200 plugged into my TV via HDMI, but I listen to music on it through my hi-fi setup via the phono outputs. I don't want to lose that ability!

Cheers,

Kenny

Hi Justin - I have a question about the 4.2.2 upgrade - you mention that the component video output is not supported - is audio out via the red/white RCA sockets supported?

I have my ATV1200 plugged into my TV via HDMI, but I listen to music on it through my hi-fi setup via the phono outputs. I don't want to lose that ability!

Cheers,

Kenny

RCA Still works, so the audio outputs should work as well

However I am not sure if both HDMI and RCA will work at the same time

Hi, I followed the video but when I reset it, only goes to the Android system recovery screen. The files are loaded on the sd card and placed in the SD card slot. How can I move the update forward.

Hi, I followed the video but when I reset it, only goes to the Android system recovery screen. The files are loaded on the sd card and placed in the SD card slot. How can I move the update forward.

All files must be on the root of the SD card, with no other files on the SD card

Make sure your SD card is formatted to FAT32, as it sounds like this is the reason why your box is not detecting the SD card

All these things are in place. I formatted the card as FAT32 to ensure these files were the only ones on the card. My ATV1200 is also recognizing the card as well. Is there a manual method through the Android system recovery screen to do the update?

All these things are in place. I formatted the card as FAT32 to ensure these files were the only ones on the card. My ATV1200 is also recognizing the card as well. Is there a manual method through the Android system recovery screen to do the update?

May I ask that when you first plug in the box for power, and it boots up, this is without the SD card installed on your box.

What is the first logo that you see on your screen, is it the Android Robot logo, or the Mygica logo?

The card is installed prior to power up. It does go to the Android Robot logo but then flickers and goes to the recovery menu.

Sorry but what I mean, if you were to just normally turn on the box, by plugging in the power, without your SD card inserted into the box.

What is the logo that you first see on your TV screen, the Android Robot logo, or the Mygica Logo?

Sorry, I misunderstood. The normal bootup shows the MyGica logo.

Ok

I am not sure why its not upgrading for you.

Can you try a different SD card? Also try re downloading the files we have posted on our site.

Well that did it Justin! Thank you. I replaced the SD card (newer) with an old one and it updated no problem. Quick question on the Launcher, is there any performance difference if I choose to use the default Launcher?

Well that did it Justin! Thank you. I replaced the SD card (newer) with an old one and it updated no problem. Quick question on the Launcher, is there any performance difference if I choose to use the default Launcher?

Good to hear

There should be no performance difference.

The difference between the two is the Mygica Launcher is more user friendly and a better Set top box experience. The Android launcher is for those who want to customize there desktop.

thank you. I tried the default Launcher and it is a bit difficult to navigate. The MyGica Launcher works best for me. Thanks again for all your help and patience.

The default launcher is much easier to navigate if you are using a Mouse/Air mouse.

Since it is a Tablet launcher and meant for touch screen devices

The Mygica Launcher was designed for those who are using the IR Remote control.

How do I enable AC3 and DTS passthrough over spdif in atv1200 4.2.2 FW ? There seems to be no option in Settings menu.

If you go into the app 'Mbox Settings"

Go to Advanced

And click on Voice, it will give you the option to switch to SDPIF.

This upgrade is brilliant. I'd almost given up using my ATV1200 due to the constant lock-ups. The installation procedure was simple to follow and worked exactly as described. It's a shame there's no longer an option for using a bluetooth adapter and I haven't been able to get my Logitech K400r keyboard to be recognized as having a UK layout, but hey, the constant locks-ups are cured and that outweighs everything else by at least 1000%.

I'm looking forward to any further developments and thanks very much.

This upgrade is brilliant. I'd almost given up using my ATV1200 due to the constant lock-ups. The installation procedure was simple to follow and worked exactly as described. It's a shame there's no longer an option for using a bluetooth adapter and I haven't been able to get my Logitech K400r keyboard to be recognized as having a UK layout, but hey, the constant locks-ups are cured and that outweighs everything else by at least 1000%.

I'm looking forward to any further developments and thanks very much.

Good to hear everything worked for you.

We should have a new update for 4.2 coming out this month, which will add back Bluetooth in the settings menu, as well as other updates like pre installed gotham and a working Airplay solution for IOS devices.