Justin

Android 4.2 Upgrade for ATV 1200 **FEEDBACK**

I also have a problem with my remote not working after the upgrade to 4.2.2

I followed the instructions to download the right spi and upgrade files for the k60 remote and followed the instructions in the PDF file.

Problem is when I use the upgrade app and go to local update it does not see the files on my SD card. I also tried a USB key but no luck.

The instructions say of it doesn't see the files hit the .... button on the remote eight times.... problem is the remote won't work, so is there another way to do this update so I can get my remote working again!

Is there a way to manually replace the spi file so the correct K60 file?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

I also have a problem with my remote not working after the upgrade to 4.2.2

I followed the instructions to download the right spi and upgrade files for the k60 remote and followed the instructions in the PDF file.

Problem is when I use the upgrade app and go to local update it does not see the files on my SD card. I also tried a USB key but no luck.

The instructions say of it doesn't see the files hit the .... button on the remote eight times.... problem is the remote won't work, so is there another way to do this update so I can get my remote working again!

Is there a way to manually replace the spi file so the correct K60 file?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Plug in usb keyboard?

Hiya.

Will this upgrade work with My Sumvision Cyclone x2 Media Enclosure? (http://www.sumvision.com/product/cyclon ... -x-2/#over). It's essentially a Geniatech ATV3200 which is really an ATV1200 with a hard drive enclosure, so I can only assume that it will but I would like to be sure.

Thanks

I cannot guarantee that this will work. As your unit may be using a different IR Remote. Also your firmware might require something different because of the internal hard drive.

Hi everyone. First post on these forums ;) Apologies if this has already been covered but I recently upgraded my ATV1200 to Android 4.2.2. Now I no longer have a "downloads" folder on the main MyGica home screen...I know I can use file manager but prefer to have a downloads folder. Also, I can't see any download notifications (e.g. a percentage progress indicator when downloading files from the browser). Lastly, the navigation bar (back button, home button, etc.) is disabled. I know how to enable it but when I do, it's locked and always visible, even in xbmc. With 4.1, I received download notifications, had a downloads folder, and the navigation bar would automatically appear and hide whenever applicable. Are these changes native to 4.2.2 or something that was customized for MyGica? Any way to set the items mentioned above back to the way they were in 4.1? Thanks.

Hi everyone. First post on these forums ;) Apologies if this has already been covered but I recently upgraded my ATV1200 to Android 4.2.2. Now I no longer have a "downloads" folder on the main MyGica home screen...I know I can use file manager but prefer to have a downloads folder. Also, I can't see any download notifications (e.g. a percentage progress indicator when downloading files from the browser). Lastly, the navigation bar (back button, home button, etc.) is disabled. I know how to enable it but when I do, it's locked and always visible, even in xbmc. With 4.1, I received download notifications, had a downloads folder, and the navigation bar would automatically appear and hide whenever applicable. Are these changes native to 4.2.2 or something that was customized for MyGica? Any way to set the items mentioned above back to the way they were in 4.1? Thanks.

All of the changes you have mentioned, are native to Android.

If your using a mouse, you can swipe down the top left corner and this will show you the download notifications.

If you upgrade to XBMC 13.2 it should remove the Nav bar.

As for downloads folder, never noticed this before. But using file manager should be sufficient enough.

Thanks for the quick reply. Strange, I see arrows in the top left corner but can't seem to do anything with the mouse. Also, I am using xbmc 13.2 and the nav bar doesn't go away when enabled...it's locked and always displayed at the bottom.

is there another link for the kr60 firmware? the one in support takes hours and I never get the whole file.i have a 50 meg connection so I don't know why. Thank you

Thanks for the quick reply. Strange, I see arrows in the top left corner but can't seem to do anything with the mouse. Also, I am using xbmc 13.2 and the nav bar doesn't go away when enabled...it's locked and always displayed at the bottom.

Sorry I got confused on the Nav Bar in our Quad Cores as being removed when in XBMC.

It still shows on 4.2 for Dual Cores.

And the swipe down from the top only works inside apps, not in the launcher.

I just recently upgraded my ATV1200 to 4.2 and realized soon after about the lack of Bluetooth options. I used a third party adapter and it worked great. I am just wondering if there is any update about this? I have read in a few placed that an update was coming, but no ETA. I would love to be able to use my Bluetooth Keyboard again.

I just recently upgraded my ATV1200 to 4.2 and realized soon after about the lack of Bluetooth options. I used a third party adapter and it worked great. I am just wondering if there is any update about this? I have read in a few placed that an update was coming, but no ETA. I would love to be able to use my Bluetooth Keyboard again.

We cannot support external Bluetooth Adapters on 4.2 as this is something AMlogic is supposed to fix, but hasnt yet. I am not sure if and when they will fix this either.

You sure it is a Bluetooth adapter your using though for your keyboard? Since most external keyboards use 2.4GHZ USB adapters, which do not require bluetooth.

Yes, definitely Bluetooth. Regular RF keyboards can't give me the range that Bluetooth can.

Ok

We are unable to support external USB bluetooth adapters on Android 4.2 and up.

Hi Justin,

Can you please tell me if the Airplay issue with IOS devices has been fixed as of today ? I am using an I phone 6 running IOS 8.1.3 and cannot seem to get it to work properly with my ATV 1200.

Sometimes freezes when trying to use Airplay / sometimes only gives me option to stream audio but not video / sometimes does not give me an option to airplay at all.

Is this problem only with the ATC 1200 ? Has it been fixed ? Will i face this problem if i buy the latest Model Quad Core Android TV Box ATV1800E ?

Please let me know as this was the sole reason for me purchasing the Android Box.

Hi Justin,

Can you please tell me if the Airplay issue with IOS devices has been fixed as of today ? I am using an I phone 6 running IOS 8.1.3 and cannot seem to get it to work properly with my ATV 1200.

Sometimes freezes when trying to use Airplay / sometimes only gives me option to stream audio but not video / sometimes does not give me an option to airplay at all.

Is this problem only with the ATC 1200 ? Has it been fixed ? Will i face this problem if i buy the latest Model Quad Core Android TV Box ATV1800E ?

Please let me know as this was the sole reason for me purchasing the Android Box.

We currently use this for Air Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .airplayer

There version of Airpin Pro supports Air Play though for IOS 8 devices, its just $4.50 to buy it though.

On both Dual Cores and Quads

But they have not updated it yet for IOS 8

Which is why we are moving to a new solution on our Quad Cores for Air Play and Mirroring on IOS Devices. Hope to release it within the next month.

Justin, still waiting for video how to install new kodi 4.2 update ! is it the same as going from 4.1 to 4.2 update ?.... :1: put files on sd card :2: put sd card in box :3: old pin in back of box :4: plug the power back in while still holding in pin. :5: release the pin when you see flashing lights on front of box go from red to green . i think this would help people watching forum still waiting for video ? can you let me know if this is correct if not can you please point me in right direction to do up grade without video . thank you for your time and all the good work that you do on this forum for everybody.George