Justin

Android 4.2 Upgrade for ATV 1200 **FEEDBACK**

Sorry that you feel that way, but Mygica have its own warranty system, if you need help you can use our help line and call and get support and ship your box to get it fixed,

Again its not as easy as you think to fix Mygica ATV1200, it needs a chip replacement, and for people that don't know how to solider forget it

:P

Hi James, mygica support say me how give solution to recover my device atv 1200 and from inside of device and unwelded and playing with a pen to cause a short circuit I get to give with the solution to my device, thanks to the attention of Mygica and her support by email

Sorry that you feel that way, but Mygica have its own warranty system, if you need help you can use our help line and call and get support and ship your box to get it fixed,

Again its not as easy as you think to fix Mygica ATV1200, it needs a chip replacement, and for people that don't know how to solider forget it

Hi James, mygica support say me how give solution to recover my device atv 1200 and from inside of device and unwelded and playing with a pen to cause a short circuit I get to give with the solution to my device, thanks to the attention of Mygica and her support by email

Hi James, mygica support say me how give solution to recover my device atv 1200 and from inside of device and unwelded and playing with a pen to cause a short circuit I get to give with the solution to my device, thanks to the attention of Mygica and her support by email[/quote

in my case it was not necessary to weld just opened the device and touching with the tip of a pen the device is unlocked and the light turned green, it was not so difficult in my case to retrieve the device i needed instructions and good faith in aid

thank you for that feed back, we were told they are taking care, but i have added our email too just so we could check and know what is going on.

I know they are forming a support team in Europe.. but till then .com will take care of you

please send another email and cc to us i am sure they will process your request quick

Too late, the MyGica warranty has run out by now, but I'm still within my 24 months European Limited Warranty.

My first MyGica box broke down after 4 months (stuck in recovery) and I had to wait almost 2 months to have it replaced by the vendor, who tried to delay the process to get over the 6 month period (after 6 months I have to proof, that the product was faulty).

New box was working fine for the next 8 months, but then got stuck in recovery again.

My vendor (German online shop) and MyGica were ignoring me and kept me waiting for weeks for an answer and in the end I had to buy a new box.

I'm very disappointed in the way this was handled.

thank you for that feed back, we were told they are taking care, but i have added our email too just so we could check and know what is going on.

I know they are forming a support team in Europe.. but till then .com will take care of you

please send another email and cc to us i am sure they will process your request quick

Too late, the MyGica warranty has run out by now, but I'm still within my 24 months European Limited Warranty.

My first MyGica box broke down after 4 months (stuck in recovery) and I had to wait almost 2 months to have it replaced by the vendor, who tried to delay the process to get over the 6 month period (after 6 months I have to proof, that the product was faulty).

New box was working fine for the next 8 months, but then got stuck in recovery again.

My vendor (German online shop) and MyGica were ignoring me and kept me waiting for weeks for an answer and in the end I had to buy a new box.

I'm very disappointed in the way this was handled.

I am going to escalate your issue to our superiors please hang in there i am sure will figure out a solution for you

Your silence speaks volumes.

I am not Silent to let you know, we are waiting for an update so we could answer you guys questions,

Hello,

I have just upgarded to 4.2. I used my box for a year with 4.1 and XBMC Frodo 12.2. SimpLink for LG TV / CEC stopped working after upgrade.

How come? I cannot find a way to enable it on my A1200 box...

Please help!

I noticed CEC settings today in 'SettingsMbox' app (it is on the last, fourth page). Go to Advanced tab and click on 'CEC Control', hope this solves your problem. I don't use this control but noticed that I have all choices on OFF by default (I have never changed it).

What is the latest official FW that I can / shuld use on my ATV1200 2013 edition? I downloaded the 4.2 upgrade, but in the forum I saw entries about other releases with the latest xbmc/kodi..

Hello

I've got this device.

I had installed v4.2 firmware but I had to downgrade to 4.1 (thanks to the spanish website where I could download it and save myself) because on the newer firmware version I couldn't make the screen calibration with CVBS output. It doesn't work!

I bought this device for that kind of output and it's very important for me.

With the 4.1 wifi doesn't work properly and I hoped to solve it...but this new screen problem occurred with android 4.2 was a worse probelm

First to downgrade to 4.1 I tried to install also the update_MyGica_4.2_20150209_KR20_KR60 but it didn't solve nothing....

Try this file http://mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1690

If you had Atv1200 with 4.1 you had a remote that is a kr-34 not kr-60. You are using the incorrect file

Hi, thanks for your answer

unfortunately the file you showed me is exactly the one I installed first.

There is a bug in it. Probably all people here use hdmi... (there isn't this problem with hdmi, I tested it!)

Only after that I tried to install also the 20150209 firmware, to see if it solves the problem but it doesn't

With 4.2 with RCA plugs, you can't change screen dimensions/centering (I mean when you see the android with the umbrella): this funcion works only with the hdmi connected. But I need the RCA because I use the ATV1200 with a big (beautiful) CRT TV.

Downgraded to 4.1 obviously the function works again, but as I said, I've problems with wifi: I have often to turn it off and on again because it losts web navigation...I see that with 4.2 the problem is solved (I tested it for long time) but I can't accept the screen decentralized....

If I am not mistaken, there are two ways to change screen size, one is in the wizard you get on first run which also can be run later on (app OOBE - the Android with umbrela), the other is MBox Settings app. I believe those are independent options to set screen size. No idea if either one works with outputs other than HDMI though.

If I am not mistaken, there are two ways to change screen size, one is in the wizard you get on first run which also can be run later on (app OOBE - the Android with umbrela), the other is MBox Settings app. I believe those are independent options to set screen size. No idea if either one works with outputs other than HDMI though.

You are right but the MBox Settings app can regulate only screen size in the complex ,in percentage , but you can't move the screen. So if the screen is decentralized (as in my case), you can't do anything with that app. You must use the app OOBE and in the 4.2 android firmware this one doesn't work with the RCA connected, but only with the hdmi

Hi.

I use an atv1220 (atv1200+dvb tunner) and it works perfectly on my old CRT TV. Probably the firmware is similar, but not 100% compatible so I recommend you not to try it.

If you can't modify your atv1200 try to find the "engineer menu" on your TV. It can help you.

Hi.

I use an atv1220 (atv1200+dvb tunner) and it works perfectly on my old CRT TV. Probably the firmware is similar, but not 100% compatible so I recommend you not to try it.

If you can't modify your atv1200 try to find the "engineer menu" on your TV. It can help you.

If you use a 4.2 android firmware, probably yes, it's different...

Also to me it works with 4.1 version...(and fortunately I could downgrade it)

My CRT TV is a Sony Trinitron, I tried to find a menu where to change a decentralized screen, but I didn't find it. I found only the possibility to change the screen inclination/rotation as advanced setting...

I recall reading somewhere if your video is in one corner or otherwise grossly shifted or way too small, it can be solved by deleting some file where this setting is stored. Usually this happens when there are leftovers from previous installation. This can perhaps be done by going into Android->Kodi and deleting the file... but I don't recall offhand which one or where it is. You can get into the box with help of TeamviewerQS (QS is Quick Support) for Android, in its 'File Exchange' feature ... FTP programs like WinSCP (or telnet with Putty) don't work because there is no SSH server on the box. But you still have to know which file and where it is.

Perhaps you could try to hold power button while you plug in power to reboot into the 'restore menu' and choose to 'Wipe data/Factory reset'

Look at the video on this thread how the menu looks and how its done: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=1762

I am not sure how drastic change that is, that is what state your box will be in after doing that. But we should really do this step everytime we update Android to new version, like 4.1 to 4.2... to insure there are no leftover settings files. I understand you went back to 4.1, why not try flashing the 4.2.2 again but do first the Wipe data/Factory reset, then Reboot from the same screen and then insert 4.1 to 4.2 update SD card and do the usual procedure for updating.

I recall reading somewhere if your video is in one corner or otherwise grossly shifted or way too small, it can be solved by deleting some file where this setting is stored. Usually this happens when there are leftovers from previous installation. This can perhaps be done by going into Android->Kodi and deleting the file... but I don't recall offhand which one or where it is. You can get into the box with help of TeamviewerQS (QS is Quick Support) for Android, in its 'File Exchange' feature ... FTP programs like WinSCP (or telnet with Putty) don't work because there is no SSH server on the box. But you still have to know which file and where it is.

Perhaps you could try to hold power button while you plug in power to reboot into the 'restore menu' and choose to 'Wipe data/Factory reset'

Look at the video on this thread how the menu looks and how its done: http://www.mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=1762

I am not sure how drastic change that is, that is what state your box will be in after doing that. But we should really do this step everytime we update Android to new version, like 4.1 to 4.2... to insure there are no leftover settings files. I understand you went back to 4.1, why not try flashing the 4.2.2 again but do first the Wipe data/Factory reset, then Reboot from the same screen and then insert 4.1 to 4.2 update SD card and do the usual procedure for updating.

Thanks for sharing this

Look at the video on this thread how the menu looks and how its done: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=1762

Thank you for your interest.

I tried as you said...but no success.

I tell you also that, in setting, there is a reset function that does the same thing (as in all android devices)

It's definitely a bug of 4.2 firmware

Went back to 4.1 again :cry:

it was always Kodi issue, and we have addressed to Kodi, i know they have provided a new APK for the fix, but since your on ATV1200, you need to process these steps

1. Uninstall Current Kodi from box,

2. download Kodi 15.0 RC2 from http://kodi.tv/kodi-15-0-isengard-rc-2/

3. save it on a USB or SD card

4. hook the USB to ATV1200

5. launch App Installer

6. Select USB or SD card

7. Click on Install and it should be fixed

by the way Kodi finally fixed a few issues with Android on this release

it was always Kodi issue, and we have addressed to Kodi, i know they have provided a new APK for the fix, but since your on ATV1200, you need to process these steps

5. launch App Installer

6. Select USB or SD card

Thank you very much and I'm sorry if I doubt ... I need an explanation before I install again the 4.2 an other time....

I don't understand what has to do kodi with my problem.

Do Kodi manage the screen dimensions of the whole Android system? OOBE is not the only application to do it?

I mean....

Because I started Kodi and it has only a function to correct IT'S OWN screen size but not the whole of Android system... I don't know if I explained well.....

5. launch App Installer

6. Select USB or SD card

Thank you very much and I'm sorry if I doubt ... I need an explanation before I install again the 4.2 an other time....

I don't understand what has to do kodi with my problem.

Do Kodi manage the screen dimensions of the whole Android system? OOBE is not the only application to do it?

I mean....

Because I started Kodi and it has only a function to correct IT'S OWN screen size but not the whole of Android system... I don't know if I explained well.....

There is an app called MBOX Settings.

Under display settings you can change the screen size in there.