Justin

Android 4.2 Upgrade for ATV 1200 **FEEDBACK**

I am having a problem setting the display position. My set is 4:3 and when I proceeded to adjust it, it zoomed immediately to the top left-hand corner. Try as I might, I could only adjust the left and top of the screen. I tried it also in the settingsmbox with the same results. In order to fit everything in, I've ended up with a 3 inch black bar on the left and a 1 inch bar on the right, a 2 inch bar on the top and 2 inch bar at the bottom. With the original version, it was perfect. How can I get it back to what it should be?

RCA Still works, so the audio outputs should work as well

However I am not sure if both HDMI and RCA will work at the same time

Just to let you know, I upgraded, and can confirm that HDMI and RCA both output at the same time, as with the previous firmware. Good news for me!

I am having a problem setting the display position. My set is 4:3 and when I proceeded to adjust it, it zoomed immediately to the top left-hand corner. Try as I might, I could only adjust the left and top of the screen. I tried it also in the settingsmbox with the same results. In order to fit everything in, I've ended up with a 3 inch black bar on the left and a 1 inch bar on the right, a 2 inch bar on the top and 2 inch bar at the bottom. With the original version, it was perfect. How can I get it back to what it should be?

Are you trying this using the RCA output? And on a CRT Tube television.

Let me know

As I need to know whats being used, so I can try this myself and help you better.

I am using the RCA connections. I have a 32" set that works perfectly fine. As a point if interest, I was able to play around with the display orientation in xbmc and have no problem there. However, on the MyGica home page and other apps, about 2 inches of the right hand portion of the screen is inaccessible.

I am using the RCA connections. I have a 32" set that works perfectly fine. As a point if interest, I was able to play around with the display orientation in xbmc and have no problem there. However, on the MyGica home page and other apps, about 2 inches of the right hand portion of the screen is inaccessible.

If you go into the app

Mbox settings. Under display, there is an option which allows you to adjust the display position.

Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier about this. I already went into that app. When I choose Display Position, it leads me to an option to zoom up or down only. Problem is, the box on the screen is not centered - the blue on the right is half the size of the blue on the left. No matter how much I shrink the box (80%), I cannot get the white line on the right side - it's as if it's chopped off. I am unable to center that menu on the Settings menu screen in the MBox app.

Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier about this. I already went into that app. When I choose Display Position, it leads me to an option to zoom up or down only. Problem is, the box on the screen is not centered - the blue on the right is half the size of the blue on the left. No matter how much I shrink the box (80%), I cannot get the white line on the right side - it's as if it's chopped off. I am unable to center that menu on the Settings menu screen in the MBox app.

Ok

If you go to the app "OOBE"

There is a better way to adjust your display position within there.

Found and used OOB with exact same results. Starting to adjust display position instantly zooms screen to top left hand quadrant. Can only adjust top and left side. Can only adjust right and bottom slightly and never able to reach the point where you can see the white bar on the left or the bottom. No about of playing around, or starting over improves anything. Original android version worked in the respect with no hitches - any idea why the new update is so temperamental in this respect?

Found and used OOB with exact same results. Starting to adjust display position instantly zooms screen to top left hand quadrant. Can only adjust top and left side. Can only adjust right and bottom slightly and never able to reach the point where you can see the white bar on the left or the bottom. No about of playing around, or starting over improves anything. Original android version worked in the respect with no hitches - any idea why the new update is so temperamental in this respect?

Sorry that you cannot use this on RCA Television properly, we have tested this on 3 tube televisions and do not get the same results, so I am not sure as to why this is happening for you, and after trying all of these steps, I am really not sure now how to fix this.

Is it possible if you could take picture of this on your TV, so I can send it to the engineers to get a better answer.

Hello Justin,

Thanks for reply.

I have found SPDIF pass-through option in Setup menu. AC3 gets passed over SPDIF fine using XBMC Gotham, but DTS is always down sampled to stereo. Is there a imitation of atv1200 HW board to pass-throught DTS only over HDMI of some sort ? Read somewhere that there might be.

The other problem I am having is that youtube playback over youtube app has judder. My old WDTV Live is silky smooth compared to at1200. Don't know why. Tried both 720p and 1080p resolutions with the same effect.

Hello Justin,

Thanks for reply.

I have found SPDIF pass-through option in Setup menu. AC3 gets passed over SPDIF fine using XBMC Gotham, but DTS is always down sampled to stereo. Is there a imitation of atv1200 HW board to pass-throught DTS only over HDMI of some sort ? Read somewhere that there might be.

The other problem I am having is that youtube playback over youtube app has judder. My old WDTV Live is silky smooth compared to at1200. Don't know why. Tried both 720p and 1080p resolutions with the same effect.

You can do DTS and DD audio using HDMI using XBMC, since XBMC software decodes these audio codecs, the ATV 1200 does not hardware support DTS or DD through HDMI.

You might have to change the audio settings within XBMC to make sure SPDIF works for both DTS and DD.

I am not sure why you are having the issues with You Tube, Can you try You Tube within the built in web browser and see if you get the same results

Hi! One question: where can i download Adobe flash player that supports hardware decoding in Android 4.2 for ATV 1200?

Flash is built into the web browser already.

Hi Justin,

Finally solved issue with DD and DTS pass-through it works both through SPDIF and HDMI. Some advanced options were hidden in XMBC which I didn't notice first.

Now regarding youtube judder issues. I have tried playing the same video over built in browser and there is no judder. But when I play using youtube app there is judder both in 720p and 1080p modes. I have tried to update youtube app using "Play store" with no success as judder still remains. Any ideas why is that ? Videos I was testing on were "Jay Leno Garage". Judder is not seen at the firs time, but after you look closer it starts to irritate a bit.

Flash is working ok when im playing videos with constant bitrate but it hangs when video bitrate changes during playback (for example, video starts with 500 kb bitrate but after some time changes to 1500kb or 2400kb). I can hear only audio but there is no video with bitrate 1500 or 2400. Maybe you can give me download link to Mygica's 1200 flash 10.2 with hw accelleration? If version 10.2 is not supported in Android 4.2 maybe i can try to flash this firmware (http://www.geniatech.com/news/mx-atv120 ... uction.asp) which have pre-load Geniatech Flash player 10.2 hardware decoding apk.? Is it safe to flash this firmware to Mygica ATV1200?

Ok, i solved the problem with adobe flash player and high bitrate videos and also the problem with hardware accelleration in youtube app - now hd videos in youtube app plays ok.

How? I downgraded from Android 4.2 to Android 4.1 from mygica.es (http://www.mygica.es/downloads/Manual_D ... 130805.rar)

I really like Android 4.2 in Mygica 1200 (its fast and stable) but i dont know why my device had a problems with high bitrate videos in Adobe Flash Player and high bitrate videos in youtube app. Maybe its something about hardware accelleration in flash player and youtube app in Android 4.2? Or maybe its only in my device? I dont know but i can promise that i will try every new release of Android 4.2 in mygica.ca :) Thanks for your work!

Ok, i solved the problem with adobe flash player and high bitrate videos and also the problem with hardware accelleration in youtube app - now hd videos in youtube app plays ok.

How? I downgraded from Android 4.2 to Android 4.1 from mygica.es (http://www.mygica.es/downloads/Manual_D ... 130805.rar)

I really like Android 4.2 in Mygica 1200 (its fast and stable) but i dont know why my device had a problems with high bitrate videos in Adobe Flash Player and high bitrate videos in youtube app. Maybe its something about hardware accelleration in flash player and youtube app in Android 4.2? Or maybe its only in my device? I dont know but i can promise that i will try every new release of Android 4.2 in mygica.ca :) Thanks for your work!

Ok good to hear it worked out for you.

hi,

i have atv1200,

after upgrading to 4.2 firmware the box stopped working with the remote IR control,

what could be the cause of this issue?

thank you,

hi,

i have atv1200,

after upgrading to 4.2 firmware the box stopped working with the remote IR control,

what could be the cause of this issue?

thank you,

Did you download the files from our website?

After upgrade I lost the composite output. ...any option downgrading back to 4.1.or any suggestions

I also tried the DVI connect to HDMI connector and that does not work either.... Would the R CA red white and yellow work.

Please advice