Justin

Android 4.2 Upgrade for ATV 1200 **FEEDBACK**

After upgrade I lost the composite output. ...any option downgrading back to 4.1.or any suggestions

I also tried the DVI connect to HDMI connector and that does not work either.... Would the R CA red white and yellow work.

Please advice

You can find the download to go back to Android 4.1 to 4.2 from our partner in Spain

http://www.mygica.es/descargas.php

You may have to use Google Translate though, since the website is in Spanish.

I posted the pictures of what I see on the screen when I try and adjust the display position - as you suggested, but I didn't see any follow up. I did find a couple of other posts from people reporting the same thing. I never had that problem with the last version. Can someone please backtrack and figure out what was changed that created this new problem for some of us?

I posted the pictures of what I see on the screen when I try and adjust the display position - as you suggested, but I didn't see any follow up. I did find a couple of other posts from people reporting the same thing. I never had that problem with the last version. Can someone please backtrack and figure out what was changed that created this new problem for some of us?

Hi

I passed along the info from this thread to our engineers in china to get a better answer.

Will have an answer soon.

Sorry about the delay on this.

Hi,

I miss BLUETOOTH, and not all USB Hard Drive function.

And the screen resolution is not FULL HD.

Apps can not be ibstalliert to the SD card.

If I would value by Google, only one star.

DaterDater...

I would like to install the new flash player, because it does not work for me side with movies "zalukaj.pl", I can not on 4.2. How to do it?

when trying display me the information," the application is not installed."

I would like to install the new flash player, because it does not work for me side with movies "zalukaj.pl", I can not on 4.2. How to do it?

when trying display me the information," the application is not installed."

Flash is supported by our browser.

So just use the pre installed browser which comes with 4.2.2, and flash will work.

Please note that after 4.2, Flash is no longer supported since they have pulled all flash support for preety much all Operating systems that are mobile/tablet based.

When does the next 4.2 Update will be released? I want to Update my ATV1200, but not twice.

Well you will have to upgrade to 4.2 first before you can take any future 4.2 firmware files we release.

As we are not releasing any new updates with all the files to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2.

I have some beta files right now for a new firmware file for 4.2, but nothings final, as there are still some things to change/add. So therefore I cannot give any dates right now

Hi,

I bought ATV1220 (DVB-T). It came with pre-installed android 4.2 which worked unstable and with big lag.

Especially web browser hangs every time I opened it.

My first idea, load new firmware.

So, I made successfully upgrade procedure "ANDROID 4.2.2 UPGRADE FILES FOR ATV 1200".

After this, ATV 1220 stared work smoothly and very stable but... support for DVB-T disappeared.

Is this firmware hasn't support for live TV at all?

Firmware for atv1220 is different then atv1200?

If so, where can I get latest firmware for atv1220 dvb-t?

Hi,

I bought ATV1220 (DVB-T). It came with pre-installed android 4.2 which worked unstable and with big lag.

Especially web browser hangs every time I opened it.

My first idea, load new firmware.

So, I made successfully upgrade procedure "ANDROID 4.2.2 UPGRADE FILES FOR ATV 1200".

After this, ATV 1220 stared work smoothly and very stable but... support for DVB-T disappeared.

Is this firmware hasn't support for live TV at all?

Firmware for atv1220 is different then atv1200?

If so, where can I get latest firmware for atv1220 dvb-t?

Hi

Yes Firmware for ATV 1200 and ATV1220-T are 2 different firmwares.

The ATV-1220T has the DVB-T tuner pre installed into the box, so therefore requires different firmware for it. However it is based on the ATV 1200 motherboard, so that is probably why the upgrade worked for you.

Sorry but we do not carry the ATV 1220T model in North America, as it does not work for us here, as we use ATSC

Please send an email to our partner in china, support@mygica.com and they will assist you with providing you with the latest firmware files for the ATV 1220T so you can get it working for what you purchased it for.

Hey Justin,

after upgrading to 4.2 and the 1080p Kernel, i cannot stream 1080p content via SMB. It buffers all the time, and if i increase the buffersize in xbmc, the audio is much faster as the video. Is there anything i can do?

Hey Justin,

after upgrading to 4.2 and the 1080p Kernel, i cannot stream 1080p content via SMB. It buffers all the time, and if i increase the buffersize in xbmc, the audio is much faster as the video. Is there anything i can do?

You using wifi or ethernet to your box? And which version of XBMC are you using?

Also the 1080P kernel is just a beta file, so it is not perfect.

I went back to the 720p Kernel and now it is working. Is there any change on a final release of the 1080p kernel?

720p at 50" is not what I wanted when i buyed this box.

No changes being made to the 1080P kernel anytime soon for the Dual Cores from what I have been told.

Is there ever going to be an update for the ATV120 ? or are we stuck with old FW forever?

I will inquire about this. However nothing has been mentioned to me in regards to a 4.2 upgrade for the ATV120 stick.

Thanks, it would be cool to at least know if one is coming or not :)

If and when it is available, it will be posted on our forum, under the ATV 120 Downloads section

I would like to upgrade my ATV1200 but I use a Steel Series Free bluetooth controller for playing games. Any news when the updated 4.2 upgrade with BT support is due?

I would like to upgrade my ATV1200 but I use a Steel Series Free bluetooth controller for playing games. Any news when the updated 4.2 upgrade with BT support is due?

AMLogic is working on this, as there seems to be a restriction in Android 4.2 and up, which is not allowing external Bluetooth Adapters to be used.

Not sure the time frame on this though. Once I know, I will let everyone know.

Hello!

I have upgraded ATV 1200 to BETA firmware from this link:

http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=1762

Now, i dont have Google apps, XBMC, just plain android OS. Is this normal? Where can I get google apps? Or do I have to download manually APK files and install them?

Thnx!

It is just beta firmware. So mainly just a stock Android OS.

You will need to install a lot of the APK's yourself.