Justin

Android 4.2 Upgrade for ATV 1200 **FEEDBACK**

Hi has anybody managed to put the new kodi 14.1 upgrade on mygica 1200 box I have downloaded the KR34 file from forum and followed the video on YouTube form xc techs , managed to download software click on it twice as in video but my box does not seem to be abel to find the imeg file when I go to local. upgrade, the video shows the the download as a winZip file the in video shows one image file . but when unzip the file it shows several files . can Somebody help as I do not want to break this box there does not seem much feedback about people actually using this new file is there a problem. thanks for any replies :D

I was able to install the kodi 14.1 update, by unzipping the img file to a usb and installing it, i would wait for instructions from justin though, as i didnt realize it would take some time and instal the pre-installed apps first....lol i fixed it though and am restoring kodi settings now

Hi Molson, :D thank you for your reply i normally don't have any problem downloading and unzipping files and loading them on to my box, have you seen the video. did you follow the instructions bye xc techs !! thank you again for your message it's nice to see other people try and help. the only way to learn is to help one another. looks like i will have to wait for justin to post more information on how to unzip and install the new update correctly. :D

Hi guys

The file just needs to be extracted from the Zip file.

There is a IMG file within the zip file. Sorry but our forum only allows us to upload certain formats.

So all you need to do is just extract the IMG file and put it onto the root of your SD card.

Hope this clarifies everything.

Thanks

After Upgrade for 4.2, my ATV1200 stopped working. :shock: Only appears red light... What can I do? Any Idea??

Tks

Did you do the 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade?

Or the new firmware file for 4.2?

What OS were you on before you took this update?

Hi justin , this is quite confusing as when i unzip the file. I get 7 files. .... 4 image files and 3 normal files. ok so can you tell me which image file to put onto sd card is it . boot.IMG . or recovery IMG. or Uboot_MX.IMG .logo.IMG !! and once on sd card do you install the new software bye using upgrade app and select local loader .or as in firmware 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade put on sd card. Hold the pin at the back of the box in then connect power.and then release the pin.when you see the lights on the front of the box go from red to green, Justin when you first unzip the file that i have downloaded should there only be two files to choose from. Justin hope you can reply soon, i don't want to break my box, i've tried to un zippy the folder on windows xp windows 7 and Mac , and still get 7 files, thank you for your time. George :D

banner wrote:After Upgrade for 4.2, my ATV1200 stopped working. :shock: Only appears red light... What can I do? Any Idea??

Tks

Did you do the 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade?

Or the new firmware file for 4.2?

What OS were you on before you took this update?

Yes Justin, I did upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.2.

My box is that one with KR34 remote controle. I Used the last firmware publish in forum. (After you guys change from .zip to .img).

Tankyou for your help justin

hi new update. ok now that i have the correct IMG files thank you for updating the new files. i thought i was going out of my mind everytime i tried to unzip the file. i got 7 files.instead of one image file.! good work justin.

Good to hear it is running great for everyone so far.

As for the latest file with KODI. If you are using Android 4.1 you CANNOT USE THIS FILE. If you install this file, it will brick your box.

You must first do this. viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1945 and then you can install the latest 4.2 file with KODI.

I will try to put together 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade files which include this latest update, so basically you will only need to do 1 step instead of 2.

Will this upgrade work with My Sumvision Cyclone x2 Media Enclosure? (http://www.sumvision.com/product/cyclon ... -x-2/#over). It's essentially a Geniatech ATV3200 which is really an ATV1200 with a hard drive enclosure, so I can only assume that it will but I would like to be sure.

Thanks

I cannot guarantee that this will work. As your unit may be using a different IR Remote. Also your firmware might require something different because of the internal hard drive.

Hiya.

Took a risk and tried it. Initially it didn't work and all I got was a red light and nothing working. However, after following these instructions here (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1631) I got it working just fine.

However - there seems to be no option to move any programs to the external sdcard, which kinda renders the point of it useless. You can't even format it - just mount or unmount it - in the options.

Anyway around this problem?

Thanks

Craig Miller-George

Will this upgrade work with My Sumvision Cyclone x2 Media Enclosure? (http://www.sumvision.com/product/cyclon ... -x-2/#over). It's essentially a Geniatech ATV3200 which is really an ATV1200 with a hard drive enclosure, so I can only assume that it will but I would like to be sure.

Thanks

I cannot guarantee that this will work. As your unit may be using a different IR Remote. Also your firmware might require something different because of the internal hard drive.

Hiya.

Took a risk and tried it. Initially it didn't work and all I got was a red light and nothing working. However, after following these instructions here (http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1631) I got it working just fine.

However - there seems to be no option to move any programs to the external sdcard, which kinda renders the point of it useless. You can't even format it - just mount or unmount it - in the options.

Anyway around this problem?

Thanks

Craig Miller-George

Sorry did you want to move app to your external sd card?

My Atv 1200 has become e slow within Kodi. I find Kodi much slower then before this update. Please advise.

Your help is appreciated.

Can you explain what has become slow about it? Like loading menus, add ons etc?

Does the new update allow for component cable connections or are they still disabled?

Only Android 4.1 supports Component Video.

We cannot make it work on any version of Android above 4.1

Justin, I just one to know a couples things...will this upgrade fix the resolution issue on kodi? one more thing, I am having issues when I try to make a backup before going into the upgrade I do everything I saw in a tutorial video using XMBC backup plugin, however after performed every step as shown in the video when I click the backup button, it does not allow me to make the backup. Please help me with that and please answer soon.