Justin

**NEW BETA FW FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380** JUNE 20TH, 2015

I know that this is probably stupid dea but have you tried record it with smartphone on HD 720 or 1080 and maybe this will be good enough to see the problem.

Regards.

Yes this will be sufficient enough.

I tried to record from my phone, but felt the quality was not good enough to share.

As per another of my previous posts.... I have tried the phone.

I will however try it again and post it so everyone will believe that the issue with Netflix is not a figment of my imagination.

FBN

Unless I have overlooked them, I haven't found instructions on how to install this latest beta file (img). I have tried using usb as well as micro disk with no success. Please help. The model I have is the AV 582.

ANYBODY???????????????????????

Also struggling, tried 2 different SD cards (class 4 and 10) and a FAT32 usb drive but nothing shows up in the local upgrade

Unless I have overlooked them, I haven't found instructions on how to install this latest beta file (img). I have tried using usb as well as micro disk with no success. Please help. The model I have is the AV 582.

ANYBODY???????????????????????

Also struggling, tried 2 different SD cards (class 4 and 10) and a FAT32 usb drive but nothing shows up in the local upgrade

OK I have the same problem because I overlooked one option.

1. go to upgrade app

2. there are three options local update, automatic update and upgrade settings

3. open upgrade settings

4.in upgrade settings choose insted of cache external sd card

5. try now local update

I tried to record from my phone, but felt the quality was not good enough to share.

As per another of my previous posts.... I have tried the phone.

I will however try it again and post it so everyone will believe that the issue with Netflix is not a figment of my imagination.

FBN

Justin, I have recorded a portion of Dragon's Den S5, E1 and have attempted to upload it as an rar file as the site would not take any other format I tried.... hopefully this will work.

Also noticed while trying to record this from Netflix, that the MyGica remote control doesn't do much in Netflix. Seems only the volume -/+ works and the return button. Pause, Play, Stop, fast forward, fast back do not work. Same issue with my wireless keyboard that have these functions.

FBN

20150715_Netflix_Test.rar

FBN; have you tried connecting the 1800e via composite? Have you tried netflix via the stock browser??

No not yet.... I may have time tomorrow to try it out.

FBN

I was not able to get Netflix to work with the native browser or Chrome, in both cases when trying to play something, I was told to use the Netflix app. I don't have anything that accepts composite video, but did try composite audio (RCA) with HDMI and it was out of sync.

What have you tried chachi? Maybe you could share your testing results?

FBN

FBN; have you tried connecting the 1800e via composite? Have you tried netflix via the stock browser??

No not yet.... I may have time tomorrow to try it out.

FBN

I was not able to get Netflix to work with the native browser or Chrome, in both cases when trying to play something, I was told to use the Netflix app. I don't have anything that accepts composite video, but did try composite audio (RCA) with HDMI and it was out of sync.

What have you tried chachi? Maybe you could share your testing results?

FBN

I saw the video and problem is there. I think that only mygica support can solve this. I have the same problem with kodi 15 from google play store and what is interesting delay between picture and sound was similar. But with mygica kodi everything is fine.

tomislav177, Thanks for viewing the video.... I hope it will help MyGica developers resolve the Netflix sync problem.

I'm still using the MyGica version Kodi and it is working just fine for me. Funny how some boxes are affected differently than others... I don't have some of the other issue being reported by others, yet this Netflix thing is really annoying.

My main uses for my 1800e are for Kodi and Netflix, I would have liked to use it for other streaming apps like CraveTV, Shomi, HBO Go, etc. However NONE of them work on this box or my old 1200 either. Yet they all work great on my old Samsung Galaxy S3 dual core phone. Makes you wonder why they don't work on this new quad core box? What makes one version of Android different than another? I'm thinking that these Android boxes are too unpredictable, I don't mind setting them up and changing things to get them working, but it is very frustrating when you hit a brick wall and all you can do is wait for the developers to fix it. Maybe the developers are trying to do too much with them and causing them to act up? Maybe a stock version of Android without the bells and whistles would be better? If it allows the apps to work without problem, then I'm all for it!!!

FBN

Justin, I have recorded a portion of Dragon's Den S5, E1 and have attempted to upload it as an rar file as the site would not take any other format I tried.... hopefully this will work.

Also noticed while trying to record this from Netflix, that the MyGica remote control doesn't do much in Netflix. Seems only the volume -/+ works and the return button. Pause, Play, Stop, fast forward, fast back do not work. Same issue with my wireless keyboard that have these functions.

FBN

MyGica Support, Hopefully you have had time to review the uploaded mp4 file which clearly shows the audio out of sync issue with Netflix. When can we expect a patch or new FW version? :)

FBN

I am posting up a new firmware sometime this week hopefully.

Will fix the nasty Playstore issues some of you are still having

Just working out a few more issues on what I received on Fri.

Justin,

It's been over a week now and just wondering if there is something coming soon?

MyGica must be experiencing a high product return rate on their quad core units now... My experience has been terrible and the only reason I stuck it out was because I know how the product should work being a long time ATV1200 owner. Someone new would have noticed troubles immediately after connecting it up for the first time... I know I did and still do. This would have been enough for the average user to put it back into the box and take it back for a full refund. Really is this how to run a business and lose market share?

Let me share one experience I had with MyGica support when I first got my ATV1200 a couple of years ago... I could not get it to work with any VPN app, I wrote an email directly to MyGica in China about the problem. I received a reply quickly requesting more information about the issue, which I provided. Within a few days they sent me a patch file to upload into my unit to see if it resolved the problem and which it did resolve it completely! When a new firmware updated to my unit afterwards, I was afraid that it would overwrite the patch, but it didn't as the new FW must have included the patch. I was very impressed with the service then and when I found out about this forum, I thought things would only get better.... boy was I wrong.

What happened to MyGica support?

FBN

Something you might want to try...

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3006

I have a link for a website that has direct downloads for apk's (haven't tried the website but looks legit) but I don't know what the Mods think about sideloading here :D

Thanks I will see if I can find the Netflix apk.

FBN

wjw, Thanks for the link! I tried the 3.7.1 apk and it has the same issues with audio sync. Looks like the owners of these boxes with this issue will have to wait for the developers to fix it. I don't even think they downloaded my video which shows the issue! At least they haven't bothered to acknowledge it.

FBN

Something I stumbled across just now. I had mentioned previously that when playing anything in Netflix the stop, pause/play etc buttons on the remote or on a keyboard don't work, yet they work just fine in other apps. Well I was playing Netflix and hit the pause/play button on the remote and I started to hear another audio source playing at the same time as the Netflix video. It turned out to be an mp3 file on my usb drive. It appears that the remote somehow was controlling the playing of this file and not the Netflix video. When I shut down Netflix the remote still continued to control the mp3 file. I rebooted the box and tried to control the mp3 file with the remote, but it didn't work. But as soon as I open Netflix and play a video there, the remote started controlling the playing of the mp3 file on the use drive.

Very weird, maybe this is somehow related to the audio sync issue with Netflix???

Hope someone from support is out there to read this post. :?

FBN

Something you might want to try...

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3006

I have a link for a website that has direct downloads for apk's (haven't tried the website but looks legit) but I don't know what the Mods think about sideloading here :D

Thanks I will see if I can find the Netflix apk.

FBN

wjw, Thanks for the link! I tried the 3.7.1 apk and it has the same issues with audio sync. Looks like the owners of these boxes with this issue will have to wait for the developers to fix it. I don't even think they downloaded my video which shows the issue! At least they haven't bothered to acknowledge it.

FBN

No version of Netflix will fix this - the developers must - I'm just mad because i seriously need to catch up some Netflix :oops:

Well after playing around with my 1800e yesterday trying to get the Netflix sync issue resolved on my own... I know this is a waste of time, but I had to do something. Anyways, I messed with so many things, I thought it would be best to reset the box back to factory default (latest Beta). Well now the MyGica Store is working! I'm sooooo happy because I couldn't sleep at night worrying about it! LOL :lol:

No such luck with Netflix... :(

Does anybody else notice that the remote doesn't do much in NetFlix with the latest Beta??? It seems to be really messed up as I explained in a previous post yesterday.

FBN

Well after playing around with my 1800e yesterday trying to get the Netflix sync issue resolved on my own... I know this is a waste of time, but I had to do something. Anyways, I messed with so many things, I thought it would be best to reset the box back to factory default (latest Beta). Well now the MyGica Store is working! I'm sooooo happy because I couldn't sleep at night worrying about it! LOL :lol:

No such luck with Netflix... :(

Does anybody else notice that the remote doesn't do much in NetFlix with the latest Beta??? It seems to be really messed up as I explained in a previous post yesterday.

FBN

I have an air mouse so I don't use a remote - won't be able to comment.

In the new AML SDK the Netflix runs way better on my other boxes, so it's not impossible to fix.

This box is just taking time to develop for it seems.

I have been testing the latest beta firmware on my 380 and it doesn't go in stand-by anymore.

The 2 LEDs are turned on green all the time and the network activity one keeps blinking.

One would turn off and the other one would go red in stand-by.

I flashed clean and even did factory reset. First time it froze at ~80%, I waited 10 minutes then I cut the power and turned it back on.

It finished flashing and once it booted up I did the factory reset procedure from Android.

Hey Justin (or Mark, James),

Just wondering when you'll drop the next Beta? I've read through the thread and saw you were going to update it in a week and that was about a week ago, I don't want to do the current one just to have a new one drop in a days time.

Sometimes AV setups cause sound sync issues, how does everyone have their systems connected? i.e HDMI to AV receiver, Composite to TV with audio connected directly to sound system, HDMI to TV and optical to AV receiver etc.

Has anyone tried adding Netflixbmc within Kodi as an option or seen if it works any different?