Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trevor_Stott

Kodi wont start, keeps crashing

I've run into a strange problem with Kodi. I don't recall changing anything but the Kodi application dies shortly after launching it. It goes to a black screen and then back to the main menu. I never get to the Kodi screen. I've tried restarting, unplugging for a few minutes and restarting, no difference.

I found in the logs the following error: CSettings: error loading settings definition from special://xbmc/system/settings/settings.xml Line 0

Any pointers or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Go into manage apps and do a clear cache and clear data on Kodi.

restart Kodi.

See how that goes.

That worked wonderfully. Actually I just cleared the cache and not the data. I was concerned with deleting the data as that may reset it to the dawn of time. Thanks for your help!!!

I have a mx3 got from Justin I have the same thing all so I clear the cache, unplug it and still no help, I all so see that my storage is full on my box any help would be great and how to get more storage or what apps.I can delete I only use Kodi on my box

My mygica 582 xbmc stopped working yesterday, it is not using the latest firmware that says kodi because I don't have a card reader or a micro SD card. It still says xbmc, it was working for all this time then after watching a movie on it yesterday then trying to go to the home screen it froze also there was some message that said something about confluence or something like that and I clicked (yes). I think the problem has either to do with it freezing or the confluence message (maybe I should have clicked no).

Please help.

By the way I tried the clear cache that did not work.

Just to let you guys know it is xbmc version 13.1 like I said it has been working for all this time until yesterday, if I clear data what would that do?

Just to let you guys know it is xbmc version 13.1 like I said it has been working for all this time until yesterday, if I clear data what would that do?

the xbmc 13.1 is long time out, and a lot of Codecs are been updated, please update your box with our latest software. The New update will bring you to our Kodi 14.1, those issue should be resolved with this new update..

here is the link viewtopic.php?f=118&t=3140