Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wantboost

ATV1200 RED LIGHT? IS IT BRICKED? AFTER FIRMWARE FLASH

I was getting the blue screen popping up on boot and wouldn't let me get into the box. so i decided to reflash it. But now all i get it red light and the green just blinks once , redlight is constant and nothing on the screen. Is there any way to fix this?

Follow these steps to fix the issue, just remember when you are holding the pin at the back and it started to blink red and green hold the pin in for 10seconds then leave it alone with SD card in from this link http://www.mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2974&sid=a7c9a98d0e672f79dcea5fc185448e72

remember it will take up to 3 minutes before you see something on the screen then it will reset and reload the proper files for you

why can't I have access to the factory bin? :(

By "factory bin" I assume you mean the stock factory firmware that originally came with your box, right?

remember it will take up to 3 minutes before you see something on the screen then it will reset and reload the proper files for you

I have been flashing firmware on various devices many times in past and it can't be emphasized enough 'to wait', to not loose faith and do something rash. Usually when I trigger (initiate) firmware flash and it doesn't seem to do anything, I resist the temptation to do something and go away and come back in ten or fifteen minutes or even longer and then I know I can unplug the device and try again knowing it is now possibly either dead or alive but also knowing I am not going to kill the device by the unplugging from power at this point.

It happened to me with this particular box (atv1200) that nothing happened when I held the reset button and plugged in power and the flashing worked on second try thirty minutes later. Apparently I didn't hold the reset button properly or not long enough or whatever.

Hi

I was going thru the forum for Bricked ATv1200

Can anyone send me link to the files i have the SD card maker tool but the i dont have the firmware to copy into the root folder

please someone help

Follow these steps to fix the issue, just remember when you are holding the pin at the back and it started to blink red and green hold the pin in for 10seconds then leave it alone with SD card in from this link http://www.mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2974

Thx I used these files.... but now it's stuck on green Android guy screen I guess trying to install things but it's been stuck here?!!?? Status bar will progress then screen goes blank and then a continuous cycle??

after been stuck on the android guy screen, i left it on all night. It finally goes into the boot recovery menu... reboot system, then factory erase didnt work and if i install /update from sd which files do i install??? tried the update file also from the link u provided that did work either..... mine is kr32 if that makes a difference.

also once i install from sd then when i choose reboot system i should remove sd card correct??

ok i tried it again today. it loaded the software on the first try.... strange... thx!! how can i add kodi as a favorite on the main screen ??

Good to hear it worked

We have this Firmware file which changes the Android launcher to the KODI icon

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2520

but then will only be kodi 14.1??? is this the only way to move around icons?

This launcher is preset icons for the launcher.

There is no way to move around these icons.

This is why we moved away from this launcher design on our Quad Core units.

And you can just uninstall KODI 14.1 and Install the Playstore version of KODI 15.2 if you want the latest version