Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sony

Wifi Issue

My internet WIFI modem is installed in the basement and I have connected MyGica box in my living room TV (1st floor). The box seems worked perfectly without any issues. Later, I have moved the box to my bedroom TV (2nd floor) and here I am noticing too much buffering issues in the box. I thought it could be my internet problem, so I ran the internet speed in my laptop and it says I have 16mbps. I have downloaded speed test app in the box and ran the same, it says I have 2mbps.

I assume the wifi in the box seems having a problem, has anyone noticing this issue?

My internet WIFI modem is installed in the basement and I have connected MyGica box in my living room TV (1st floor). The box seems worked perfectly without any issues. Later, I have moved the box to my bedroom TV (2nd floor) and here I am noticing too much buffering issues in the box. I thought it could be my internet problem, so I ran the internet speed in my laptop and it says I have 16mbps. I have downloaded speed test app in the box and ran the same, it says I have 2mbps.

I assume the wifi in the box seems having a problem, has anyone noticing this issue?

Update your firmware.

I already have the latest firmware which is build number # v002m801_20150321

You need to load the beta firmware to address the WiFi issue. Or use Ethernet until the next firmware release.

Good luck.

I tried using Ethernet, but not much improved. I have noticed a pattern for this problem, whenever I poweroff (i.e. standby) the box it happens. When I unplug & plug the power cord (hard reset), it works fine. It should be a bug in the firmware, btw where can I find the beta firmware?

I wish this box has a shutdown feature.

I tried using Ethernet, but not much improved. I have noticed a pattern for this problem, whenever I poweroff (i.e. standby) the box it happens. When I unplug & plug the power cord (hard reset), it works fine. It should be a bug in the firmware, btw where can I find the beta firmware?

I wish this box has a shutdown feature.

Bete firmware is here:

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=2987