Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

streamer

upgrade ATV520/520E Firmware Android 4.1.2 to latest fw

Please explain in details what problem you're experiencing with performing the upgrade.

Don't think anyone can help you by saying "I can't"

When you go to a doctor, you will at least tell him what your symptoms are instead of just saying you're sick. Make sense? :D

If you're on 4.1.2 now,

1) You should first upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2.2 (MyGica_4.2_20140519)

using the firmware here:

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=1948

2) After you're now on 4.2.2, you can then upgrade to the lates 4.2.2 firmware MyGica_4.2_20150209

using the firmware here:

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=2521

YOU MUST FOLLOW THE ABOVE SEQUENCE TO UPGRADE, OTHERWISE YOU WILL BRICK YOUR BOX.

No upgrade directory from 4.1?? What now? Wich firmware must i juse then.?

Note the sequence.

You must first upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2.2 (MyGica_4.2_20140519)

using the firmware here:

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=1948

You need to unzip all the files and put that in the root of an SD card, then plug the SD card in the TV Box.

Then you upgrade by powering off, then hold down the reset bottom at the bottom, and power up.

All the steps are clear in the video in the above link.

which is same as the video link here:

I followed instructions as per YouTube video. When I try this my 520E does not do the automatic reload, it takes me to a manual screen with options like reboot etc. I selected reboot and got back to original screen. Android version remain 4.1.2. What am I missing or need to do differently? Tnx

I followed instructions as per YouTube video. When I try this my 520E does not do the automatic reload, it takes me to a manual screen with options like reboot etc. I selected reboot and got back to original screen. Android version remain 4.1.2. What am I missing or need to do differently? Tnx

You need to use a pin to press the reset button. It's very deep, you have to push it in until you hear the click.

Then hold it and plug in the power.

You still have to keep holding the reset button for another 10 seconds after the power is plugged in before you release it.

Also, you have to make your firmware is unzipped and put in the root of your sd card before you can find it.

9 hours ago, iamru said:

This doesnt work.

I am getting the same issue as @monkeymadness. 

Quite frustrating to be honest.

Are you putting all of the files onto the root of the sd card?

We have used these exact files on over 10,000 units without fail

So there must be something you are doing wrong.