Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

naasking

KR-40 remote

The KR-40 remote that's bundled with my 585 works fine for what it does, but there's one annoying thing about how MyGica handles remotes: every time I hit the back/return button, it shows the mouse pointer even when I'm not in mouse mode. This happens in the main home screen and in Kodi.

I don't see anywhere to tweak this option, so does anyone know of a way?

My Kr40 remote does the same with my ATV1800e. Just bought my new ATV 1800e a few weeks ago, like I said same issue plus at times it just doesn't work then I have to pop out the battery then put it back in. That seems to help for awhile. Chatted with Ronnie on Mygica chat (very helpful) and he suggested I do a pairing, which I will try. I never did that as it was not mentioned in the setup manual. Apparently future manuals will mention that setup. I will try that pairing tonight to see if makes a difference.

ISSUE RESOLVED - JUST REPLACED THE DEFECTIVE LITHIUM BATTERY

KR40 Remote issue resolved. Never expected this to happen but the lithium battery that was included with the remote was fried. Just replaced battery, now all is good. :D

After an OTA update, the power button on the remote no longer works. I click it, I see the light blinking on the box indicating that it was probably received, but nothing happens.

Take the dongle out of the box, then try to pair the remote to the dongle.

If that doesn't work, try replacing the battery. The battery with the remote isn't very good.

Thanks for the suggestion. Pairing did NOT fix the power button issue, but it did fix an issue I had where my remote stopped working entirely after inserting a USB key.

Thanks for the suggestion. Pairing did NOT fix the power button issue, but it did fix an issue I had where my remote stopped working entirely after inserting a USB key.

if your remote is under 60 days, please contact our live chat line or call us for support we need to replace your remote

Are you sure the remote is the problem? It was working fine at one point, but it stopped working at some point. The device lights blink when I press the power button, so something is happening.

I've installed an ssh server onto the device, but I don't know where I can monitor device log messages like I can under ordinary linux. I'll happily debug the problem since I'm very familiar with programming and linux, just not Android so much.

Try a new battery as I had the same problem. I had the unit for less than 2 weeks when it stopped functioning. Replaced and all was normal again.

Can try this as well

Have you tried these videos yet?

These have worked very well with the customers of ours having remote issues.

Yes, I had changed the battery and re-paired the device with the box. It's working now after a full factory reset.

Ok good to hear.