Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

van141

Some notes & questions - Android 4.2 1080P Kernel ATV 1200

I have successfully updated to **BETA FILE** Android 4.2 1080P Kernel For ATV 1200 and found it doesn't have MyGica launcher, although in Settings there is in the app section a launcher which by the graphic of the app looks to be MyGica launcher. However I do not know how to activate it so I get the choice at launch (when plug in power).

Anyway, I don't really need it, might well be that the Android native launcher is better in terms of customizing ability and perhaps lean and mean... but that's just a guess.

Given its 1080P kernel, I used SettingMbox app to set video to 1080P 60Hz (after install the setting was on 720P 60Hz). The question is, is this setting to 1080P needed to change to it in this app in order to make full use of this beta update? I connect MyGica 1200 to a Dell XPS 2710 computer via HDMI input which uses the computer as a monitor. Anyway since I get picture with the 1080P setting I suppose that means the display can handle it and will play 1080P movies at this setting. But if I install Kodi, will I be able to play movies at this quality setting also? I am no expert by any means when it comes to these things and would like some clarification, thanks beforehand.

One more thing, if I press the red button on the remote and hold it a bit, I get the option to shut down but it never seems to shut down. But at least it now goes to sleep and green light changes to red when I press the red button briefly, at first it seemed also not to want to do that, diode stayed green.

Other notes - it is pretty well empty, no play store and many other apps which come with normal '4.2.2 Kodi14.1' update, which is ok by me. I have 2.22 GB of internal storage space, total is 2.29 GB (as per Settings info).

The apps are:

AppInstaller

Brower

Calendar

Clock

Email

FileBrowser

FlashPlayer

Mediaplayer

Miracast

Movieplayer

Musicplayer

OOBE

Pictureplayer

Samba

Search

Settings

SttingMbox

Upgrade

As a follow up, I have installed Kodi Isengard 15.0 RC1 from official download, also installed TVMC for Android. Kodi launches fine, didn't start configuring it yet. TVMC is selfconfiguring and it works just fine.

The Android launcher doesn't show installed apps on 'desktop'. The 'pages' - where apps should show for easy access to launch them - are empty. On phones I've seen (other pples as I don't have one), the installed apps automatically go on those pages to be easily accessible, here you might have to figure out how to do it on your own. To launch an app, on the bottom strip I have to click on the icon in the middle (made up of bunch of dots) which shows all apps toghether in a heap from which I have then to select which one I want to launch.

Pretty pain in behind if you get what I mean. I have never had any other Android device, like phone, and I find the OS sort of unglamorous, unconfigurable, un everything :roll: And atv1200 developers are not exactly speedy, I mean how long is this beta hung out and nothing being done about it? Did they come up against some insoluble problems regarding it?