Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BACKDOCTOR52

Changing ATV400 from Frodo 12.4 to Kodi 14.x

I have a Magica ATV400 box, but it is running Frodo 12.4, and I would like to update it to Kodi 14.1 or 14.2.

I cannot seem to find out which Android version is on it, so I am assuming it will be 4.1.x,

so how do I update the firmware to the latest one? I tried finding the firmware for it, and

was able to download MyGica_4.2_atv400_20140616_KR34, but then I found another sticky

that gave other information (MyGica ATV400 latest firmware).

Also, in the sticky (MyGica ATV400 latest firmware) the links were not available anymore, so what to do?

I do not want to "brick" the box, so what is the process?????

I would like to be able to run the latest Kodi version if possible.

Derick

IMHO if you only want to use the newest stable version of Kodi then I would simply use the internet browser to go to Kodi.tv and download the Kodi 14.2 apk.

As a disclaimer I've never worked on a 400 so I can only assume its the same thing as the rest of the boxes.

You can (normally) run both xbmc and kodi because they are not the same signature. Installing Kodi is like installing any other android app.

I have a Magica ATV400 box, but it is running Frodo 12.4, and I would like to update it to Kodi 14.1 or 14.2.

I cannot seem to find out which Android version is on it, so I am assuming it will be 4.1.x,

so how do I update the firmware to the latest one? I tried finding the firmware for it, and

was able to download MyGica_4.2_atv400_20140616_KR34, but then I found another sticky

that gave other information (MyGica ATV400 latest firmware).

Also, in the sticky (MyGica ATV400 latest firmware) the links were not available anymore, so what to do?

I do not want to "brick" the box, so what is the process?????

I would like to be able to run the latest Kodi version if possible.

Derick

the file was incorrect and we have taken it down, and yes You can update your box to latest version of kodi 14.2 would work like charm you can downloadit from Google Play store

remember a few things

1. backup your xbmc contents to a usb via xbmcbackup software

2. uninstall xbmc

3. download kodi 14.2 directly using google play store

4. install it

5. go to programs and addons and install backup

6. restore your kodi via backup what you backup on usb

and it should work for you