Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brennenc

sound cuts in and out with kodi

after watching anything on kodi for roughly 10 min, the sound starts to cut in and out. I have read many threads searching for a fix but i haven't found one that works. Its not the stream because if the sound skips and i got back 30 seconds and watch it again it will skip in a different spot.

I got the new update. It worked great for the first couple hours but now the sound cuts out. Always roughly 10-15 minutes into a show. The buffer is well ahead of the playback. Ive tried using the passthrough option. Ive tried setting the default player to dvdplayer throuh advancedsettings. (I read on a thread that this would work). Ive tried changing hdmi cables, sound output from 2.0 all the way to 7.0. It actually g6ets worse the higher i go. Im pretty fed up with this. Ive spent hours looking for a way to fix this.

Someone please reply as im about to burn the box made for the deaf

I got the new update. It worked great for the first couple hours but now the sound cuts out. Always roughly 10-15 minutes into a show. The buffer is well ahead of the playback. Ive tried using the passthrough option. Ive tried setting the default player to dvdplayer throuh advancedsettings. (I read on a thread that this would work). Ive tried changing hdmi cables, sound output from 2.0 all the way to 7.0. It actually g6ets worse the higher i go. Im pretty fed up with this. Ive spent hours looking for a way to fix this.

Someone please reply as im about to burn the box made for the deaf

which model Mygica Box you have? and what version OS your running?

This is the 585 forum is it not? You finally read this and you ask 2 stupid questions without giving any answeres and then ignore this post. I have this in three different sections and i cant get a real reply from any moderators. If you dont know how to fix rhis than just say so.

This is the 585 forum is it not? You finally read this and you ask 2 stupid questions without giving any answeres and then ignore this post. I have this in three different sections and i cant get a real reply from any moderators. If you dont know how to fix rhis than just say so.

LOL! All I can say is keep with the comments to the Mod(s). I'm not dissing Justin though, since he is on here more than some of the other "Mods".

Anyway back to your question. It appears that the issue is with your Mygica version of Kodi. I'd lose the Mygica and d/l from either a sideloaded apk from Kodi or the Play Store.

Which version of KODI are you using thats giving you this issue?

Have you tried factory resetting the box to see if that helps?

This happens on every stream you try?

Sorry but I rarely hear of this problem.

Im using kodi 14.1 mygica edition. I have not tried a factory reset yet. Is there a way to back up my apps and settings or should i just wipe it and put kodi 15 on and start from scratch?

Im using kodi 14.1 mygica edition. I have not tried a factory reset yet. Is there a way to back up my apps and settings or should i just wipe it and put kodi 15 on and start from scratch?

If you're talking Kodi apps, install "Backup" from the official Program Files/Get More part of Kodi. Set it up to backup everything, then back up to a stick.

Then, if you want to freshly install 15.1 or whatever, delete 14.1 MyGica and install the newer. Then reinstall Backup and restore your previous Build.

If you're talking Kodi apps, install "Backup" from the official Program Files/Get More part of Kodi. Set it up to backup everything, then back up to a stick.

Then, if you want to freshly install 15.1 or whatever, delete 14.1 MyGica and install the newer. Then reinstall Backup and restore your previous Build.

This works very well

You will just have to re set all of your add on shortcuts after a restore.

I Switched to kodi 15 and the problem hasnt changed

Are you using the sound directly from the boxes HDMI to your TV's HDMI?

Yes this problem has been around for awhile and is still present, I have a box that does it .. also installed a box at a buddies house that does the exact same thing. Both running 15.2

For those of you having this issue

Does this happen on any stream you try?

Or only when you watch like MKV, MP4, ASF, AVI?

for me it's not videostream related. I also have the issue with Spotify. When listening through a bleutooth box however, i don't have the issue. so personally i think it's hdmi related.

I've tried different hdmi cables and 2 different TV's and the problem remains.

I have 2 units and both have the same problem? That sounds like a big coincidence...

I have 5 units connected in our office and do not experience this issue

+ I have not seen this as a widespread complaint

So unfortunately could be just bad luck on the 2 units you have.

Most of mine are all MKV files ... two boxes aswell ... both same issue? Odds are not in favor of that unless of course there was a bad run in production.

I've been experiencing the same issue for a couple months now and I finally got rid of the audio skipping. Try setting your CPU min frequency to match your Max frequency using AnTuTu CPU Master. The erratic clock speeds seemed to be the cause for me.

Hi Jack. I have the problem too. I am running the sound through my receiver. Tried different settings on both the receiver and the 585 to no avail. Tried cables and receiver HDMI ports. All check out. Sound intermittently cuts out but only on KODI not Netflix. Weird. Your CPU fix sounds interesting but I haven't got a clue how to do what you say. Can you explain a bit please? Thanks!

Hi waskew.

I downloaded a programme called (CPU Control free) Seems to work the best so far.

Open it and you'll see that your MIN Frequency is 384MHz.

Set Min to 1536MHz to match your Max Frequency.

Tick (set on boot) then press confirm and reboot the system.