Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Balupi63

Picture freezes but sound continues

Hope someone can help me,

If I stream a movie via a official XBMC plugin more than once, mostly after 10 minutes, the picture freezes while the sound continues. I discovered that this is not a issue when I play the movie in a SD format. The problem occurs only in 1080P or 720P format. If I download the movie and play it via XBMC the same problem occurs, but when I play the downloaded movie with a external player the problems doesn't occur. A update to android 4.2.2. did not solve this issue. :?

Hope someone can help me,

If I stream a movie via a official XBMC plugin more than once, mostly after 10 minutes, the picture freezes while the sound continues. I discovered that this is not a issue when I play the movie in a SD format. The problem occurs only in 1080P or 720P format. If I download the movie and play it via XBMC the same problem occurs, but when I play the downloaded movie with a external player the problems doesn't occur. A update to android 4.2.2. did not solve this issue. :?

How fast is your internet connection?

Hi there Justin,

Don't think speed is the issue i've got 90 Mbps. Already discovered that disabling the hardware acceleration (Gotham 3.1) results in seeing the picture. Only the picture stutters and is not synchronized with the sound anymore. Maybe this gives some more information to a possible solution?

Hi there Justin,

Don't think speed is the issue i've got 90 Mbps. Already discovered that disabling the hardware acceleration (Gotham 3.1) results in seeing the picture. Only the picture stutters and is not synchronized with the sound anymore. Maybe this gives some more information to a possible solution?

That is very strange that its happening, and I guess your internet speed is not the problem, since its more then enough.

You mentioned you tried the same video on an external player, so may I know if you are streaming this video off of a website, or are you trying to watch this from your local home network?

Hi there Justin,

It only occurs when streaming, playing form my local home network doesn't give any problems.

That is a very strange issue, which I have not encountered before.

Only thing I can suggest is to have it exchanged under warranty and see if the new unit will fix your problem.

One last effort I can suggest is try using a different internet connection, either by hot spotting your mobile phones internet, or trying it at a close friends or families house, to see if you get the same problem.

If you do, only thing I can suggest is to have the unit replaced.

Justin,

Thx for your effort, will ask the seller if i can try another unit.

Regards

Bart

Ok sounds great.

Let me know how it goes for you

I meant 1080p support.

Sorry I was cleaning up the forum, did not mean to delete it.

We will have a 1080p working kernel for the dual core models coming soon. We just had to finish the update to 4.2 first, next will be a 1080p kernel

Why are you selling this product as 1080p for years then?

It still outputs to 1080P, just being upscaled.

Till recently I have never seen a 1080P working version of XBMC working on an Android box, even for XBMC linux on an Android box.

It does not output to 1080p, only the setting of android shows 1080p, if you really check the resolution with a benchmark app, like Antutu, you would see it is actually 720p.

And really is it your excuse for XBMC? And what about other media players? You cannot play with 1080p because the screen is not to begin with, and your device would not handle 1080p as you already know it. That's why you cannot provide a 1080p kernel, but you hack the Android settings to show 1080p even it is only 720p.

I never felt so scammed in my purchases, because I was not aware of it (Trusting Android settings) for a year...

I hope the money you grabbed from me shamefully, makes you suffer in your whole life. (You are probably laughing to this comment, as you seem to have no pride)

BRAVO

It does not output to 1080p, only the setting of android shows 1080p, if you really check the resolution with a benchmark app, like Antutu, you would see it is actually 720p.

And really is it your excuse for XBMC? And what about other media players? You cannot play with 1080p because the screen is not to begin with, and your device would not handle 1080p as you already know it. That's why you cannot provide a 1080p kernel, but you hack the Android settings to show 1080p even it is only 720p.

I never felt so scammed in my purchases, because I was not aware of it (Trusting Android settings) for a year...

I hope the money you grabbed from me shamefully, makes you suffer in your whole life. (You are probably laughing to this comment, as you seem to have no pride)

BRAVO

There is a 1080P kernel available for our box, just not working with XBMC. However you can use it with 1080P video player such as MX player.

These boxes can fully handle 1080p, and I am having a working 1080P kernel being worked on right now, which works with XBMC. Our new Quad core models are built on a 1080P kernel.

Sorry if you feel cheated, but please keep in mind we are working towards making this possible.

Any ETA?

About 1-2 months.

Please note we did not design these products, we are just the distributor in North America.

However since we take customer feedback and our own feedback into consideration, we can make suggestions and have changes made to the firmware by the engineers in China, this is to all make our products better and meet customers requests and demands.

You are not the first one to bring this to our attention in regards to a working 1080P kernel, and I have had work started on making this happen.

Hopefully I will not buy something else before a firmware, if any.

Well my frustration is not directed to any person, or your distributor, it is to companies makes false representation on the box, and even tries to hide the reality in the software, which makes me sick.